main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Official "What's the Story?" Hyperspace Databank Feature Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by clonewarseu, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Nice job fourdot!

Though I agree with jSarek--Yoxgit is a complete nonstarter as far as I'm concerned. So will he be the last one, or will there another one running from the beginning of December to right after New Years? An Ugnaught would be a pretty crummy one for this feature to go out on; we need something spectacular to finish WTS in a blaze of glory ... you know Darth Plagueis or something. [face_laugh]

2. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Hmm...interesting last couple of winners. If I was a conspiracy minded gent, I'd swear Pablo is monitoring this thread....

3. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Sympathy canonization is still canonization. :p

4. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Don't get me wrong, that wasn't a dig on the quality of your submission which was excellent, IMO, but let's face it....the last five or so winners seem to have been regular posters here....unless we're the only ones still submitting. :p

5. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005
    I actually thought the same thing, only I believed that they were looking at the SW.com WTS thread. So I thought I was on the road to nowhere, entry wise. Being wrong is nice, at times.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Nicely done. I commend you.

I'm more than a little disappointed at not making it, but that was expected. I wasted too much time making it artful and spent too little making things happen. I did put DSTC fixes, CCG references, and of course the Dangor name drop... but alas.

I'm also irritated by the length limit because even my wasteful art had to get mostly cut and the whole thing looked shoddy and last minute. Eh, I can't be too disappointed.

I'm too good for it. :)

7. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005
    I made the "Ars Dangor/DSSB" fix too...but it was in one of my other entries.

Greejatus inspired three entries from me actually. Here are the two that didn't go through.

Janus Greejatus grew up on Bilbringi with his sister, Otana. Reaching adulthood, he resolved to forge a better life for himself. Otana, who had found a career as a singer, had garnered the attention of Armand Isard, who had travelled to Bilbringi as an ambassador for SBI. An avid studier of HoloNet News, Greejatus knew that Isard had ties to the Supreme Chancellor. He attempted to persuade Otana to marry Isard, but she had fallen in love with a smuggler called Tomaas Azzameen. Livid, Greejatus blackmailed Tomaas, barring him from ever seeing Otana again. In turn, Otana grudgingly married Isard, who ensured Greejatus an audience with the Chancellor.

Greejatus? foremost skill was the ability to extract the truth from others without the use of the Force. This piqued Palpatine?s interest: he knew that there would be an application for such a skill in the nearby future. Impressed by Greejatus? pluck and confidence, he had him join his informal cadre of advisors.

With the advent of the New Order, Greejatus was appointed to the Imperial Ruling Council. With his new power, he founded the Department of Punishment. He found opposition in Darth Vader, however, who founded the Inquisitorius, which served much the same purpose as the Department. Vader and Greejatus would clash constantly over the years, until Greejatus heard that Vader had arrested Leia Organa over Tatooine. Racing to the Death Star to interrogate Organa, he claimed he was Ars Dangor, so as to not arouse Vader?s suspicion. Vader quickly discovered the ruse however, and Greejatus was forced to leave with a significantly stressed windpipe.

When Department?s Master Torturer Vengnar Hieff was murdered by an Inquisitor, Greejatus was livid. He attempted to confront Vader on the Death Star II, but the Dark Lord perished before he had the chance. While attempting to flee the Death Star II in his shuttle during the Battle of Endor, he was shot down and killed by an overly zealous droid gunner in the Millennium Falcon.

And:

?Moff Abran Balfour cracks down on Laramus Base Irregulars; Parmic Sector safety record at all time high? was a HoloNet News headline from 2 ABY. Anyone who knew Balfour, or had experienced life under his reign as Moff would have dismissed this as an utter farce, but the majority of the galaxy?s population bought and believed it, all thanks to one man: Janus Greejatus.

One of the savviest political minds of his time, and one of the most famous Coruscant spin doctors, the Ealor native came to the attention of Palpatine when he was able to dismiss a scandalous incident involving the Parmic senator, Pi T?Egal, as a simple misunderstanding between uncle and niece. Quickly recruiting Greejatus into his cadre of advisors, Palpatine put him to work during the Clone Wars. Greejatus conjured a whole theatre of war, the Bimkall campaign, in which the 303rd Battalion fought against General Sreeta?s droid armies. The location, the battalion, and the opponent, were of course, totally ficticious, but the Republic citizenry wholeheartedly believed it. Whenever the Republic suffered a loss, Greejatus was sure to bring up the unilaterally successful Bimkall campaign.

When the New Order came about, Greejatus was an influential figure in the Imperial Ministry of Propaganda, and worked closely with Vizier Sate Pestage in discrediting the fugitive Jedi Knights. In his work there, he helped coin the term ?Death Star?, and actually visited the battle station upon completion. He discussed with Grand Moff Tarkin the idea of using Alliance ships to attack Imperial cities to paint the Rebels as terrorists, and, during his tour, wrote a hypothetical press release, casting the ?Death Star? as nothing more than a tool ensuring the safety of Imperial citizens. Due to the destruction of the station, the release was never needed.

Over the next four years, Greejatus continued his wor

8. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    I like the character of Yoxgit but not for WTS. He already has a basic background while there are still so many characters without even a name.

Congrats on the Janus entry!

9. Sompeetalay

Dec 17, 1999
    My draft for Yoxgit is finished. It needs a lot of refurbishment but I think it's original and I'm pleased by it for now.

Here's my Greejatus entry for what it's worth:
    Senator Janus Greejatus from the industrial world Peg Shar I was a high-class bureaucrat, trained by a Nimbanel, who benefited from the squabbling politics in the Senate. The efficiency and speed of Greejatus? bureaucracy quickly gained him a seat as one of Palpatine?s Advisors. Palpatine saw that Greejatus? blind lust for power would make him an excellent puppet and when the CW ended, Palpatine chose Greejatus to deal with the remains of the Techno Union and the Commerce Guild.

During the New Order, Lord Greejatus became a leading member of the Imperial Ruling Council as Palpatine?s Senior Economical Advisor. Like most Advisors of the Inner Circle, Greejatus dressed in expensive shimmersilk clothing. With his powdery white make-up and heavy perfume, Greejatus looked and smelled like a character from an ancient Snivvian drama.

He was known as Greejatus the Merciless for destroying factories without any warning when they didn?t deliver Imperial quota. Palpatine toyed with the bitter jealousy between Greejatus and Sim Aloo, his Political Advisor. Greejatus was furious when Aloo was featured next to him as a poster boy on a BlasTech campaign ad.

Greejatus was one of the Advisors who travelled aboard the Invisius, Palpatine?s Shuttle piloted by Commodore Kagi, to the 2nd Death Star. Palpatine summoned Greejatus and Aloo when Darth Vader revealed the desertion of Sullust to the Rebel Alliance. The Emperor enjoyed seeing Greejatus? despair in the presence of his rival due to the loss of SoroSuub. Greejatus didn?t know how he was ever going to explain this great economical loss to his Emperor.

Luckily for Greejatus, Palpatine?s mind seemed preoccupied by more urgent matters. When Greejatus had finally thought of a plausible explanation, Palpatine?s Guards firmly denied him entrance to the Throne Room. Greejatus had been far too busy to realise the seriousness of the attack on the Death Star. Before he could escape, he perished aboard the battle station.

10. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    Congrats Fourdot :D It is always nice to see regulars from here to win like you :D.

I was so busy with work this month (I have become a vendor....how ironic yes considering Niai first appereance....in a store for all kinds of electronic stuff and dvd/cd. But this store opens next wednesday so I had a month of building/placing/decorating to do) and thus didnt had much time for Janus. I did had some ideas (wich YW worked out for me, thanks as usual).

I actually really like the idea of writing for this Ugnaugth and I will start writing a draft right away so I will be finished in time.

11. Darth_Culator

Darth_Culator Jedi Master star 2

Dec 10, 2005
    I see every one of these characters is an opportunity to fix minor annoyances with a subtle retcon.

This one, with the occupation of Bespin as a backdrop, seems like a perfect way to fix the ambiguity surrounding one particular Imperial officer with just one sentence.

12. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Hey, great job and congratulations to vader-of-bast. It's really exciting to see issues like the Naboo senators after Palpatine addressed by fans in WTS! I know people have been wondering about that since AOTC came out...nice Missions reference too!

Here's my entry, also with an Imperial Redesign mention:

Janu Godalhi condemned Janus Greejatus as ?a thief and defiler,? Emperor Fel II stated ?this man has irrevocably corrupted our early Imperial heritage.? Voren Na?al called him ?the destroyer of a hundred worlds.?
    And yet Greejatus never fired a weapon, never killed a single being, and rarely left Coruscant. As Minister of the Imperial Propaganda Dissemination Section, his weapons were lies and distortions. Greejatus ordered historical documents, academic texts, technical manuals and other works to be seized and re-issued in ?corrected? form, giving the Empire sole credit for everything from the R2-series droids to the Death Star. Janus oversaw nearly every detail of the historical overhaul, re-writing the Clone Wars himself, developing computer viruses that altered historical data in databases across the galaxy, and purging hundreds of alien planets from galactic archives?allowing Imperial Redesign to literally purge their unrecorded inhabitants.

During the Rebellion, Greejatus fabricated technical data of the largest Imperial war vessels, causing Rebel fleets to fatally underestimate their strength. On orders from the Emperor, Janus altered Grand Moff Tarkin?s journal to emphasize certain details of the first Death Star?s construction, and allowed the journal to be obtained by Rebel researchers. The Alliance used this data to corroborate the stolen construction schedule of the second Death Star. Janus then joined an Imperial delegation to the Endor system, and waited smugly on the Death Star for the Rebels to fall into the trap he had helped bait.

During his relatively short life, Janus Greejatus dealt a crushing blow to 25,000 years of history. For decades, historical texts?even the respected Journal of the Whills?were riddled with errors. Academics on countless worlds, sifting through Imperial fiction to find historical fact, could at least console themselves with the fact that Janus Greejatus died at Endor?according to the Imperial records, anyway.

13. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Four Dot?!!!! Sweet! I saw some "vader of bast" guy won and I was like "Ah, crap. There goes Four-Dot's chance." I had prayed and everything and I was all upset that you didn't win, so you can imagine my shock and excitement to see that you HAD won! Awesome and congratulations on a job well done. You absolutely deserve it.

Now where's that Behind The Scenes Blog? [face_thinking] :p

On to other news, this new guy, at first glance, looks rather unimpressive, but I'm sure I'll come up with something. Here was my shot at Janus Greejatus, nonetheless.
    Janus Greejatus was a childhood friend and political rival to Senator Palpatine on Naboo, but the man who would die on the Death Star II during the waning years of Palpatine?s Empire was not Janus Greejatus.

The first to discover Palpatine?s sinister alter ego, Janus Greejatus was executed by Sidious? child apprentice Maul. Palpatine reported his old friend had taken ill and retreated to the Lake Country to rest.

The man who would take Janus? identity remains a mystery. Though his real name is lost to legend, he is believed to have been a descendent of the ancient Sith Lord Shar Dakhan, and it is known that he sojourned to the lost Sith temple on Malrev 4 to immerse himself in the forbidden Sith magics of his ancestors. There he lived as a medicine man, healing the sick, cursing his enemies, and amassing a great following among the indigenous species, ruling them with terror and violence.

Palpatine met the wizard of Malrev 4 during one of his voyages to uncover Sith knowledge and was impressed by his cruelty and mastery of the lost Sith arts. The Chancellor offered the sorcerer a position as his advisor and guide in Sith magic.

Meanwhile, the decades-long absence of Janus Greejatus began to draw suspicion from the Naboo government. Palpatine seized the opportunity and dubbed the Sith sorcerer ?Janus Greejatus?, re-introducing his ?rejuvenated friend? to the galaxy.

?Janus? served in the Chancellor?s Office and later in the Emperor?s Inner Circle, secretly assisting Palpatine in his search for arcane knowledge, even discovering the latent Dark Side nexus on Byss and suggesting it to Palpatine as his secret retreat. For his services, Greejatus was rewarded with a special Imperial garrison on his old home of Malrev 4 where he could continue his macabre studies.

The new Janus Greejatus learned much of the Dark Side, things not known since the first Sith Empire, but he took those secrets with him to the Force when he perished aboard the Death Star II.

Again, congratulations Four Dot! Woo! [face_dancing]

14. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Congrats Fourdot! An excellent entry! :)

And that accounts for all notable members in the "Not published" club. Well done, gents ;)

Hehe, I was thinking that too. Within four months, three notable regulars who haven't had any luck have been published. However, I'd prefer to chalk it down to coincidence :cool:

And here's my Greejatus entry. Tried to pull a retcon and explain where the Clone army got all their guns from!

Hailing from Eriadu meant that Janus Greejatus had business in his blood. The family was a major shareholder in BlasTech Industries and it was natural that Janus?s future laid there. After graduating from university, Greejatus became a lobbyist for BlasTech and proved very productive in selling contracts to many governments, often by using bribes and blackmail. One of his clients was Kamino which put forth one of the biggest orders in BlasTech history. The Kamino deal propelled Greejatus through the ranks and he was promoted to chief lobbyist to the Galactic Senate.

There he would meet Senator Palpatine and the two became friends. When Palpatine was elected as Chancellor, he requested that Greejatus join him as an advisor but Greejatus declined, reasoning that the real credits and power were in business, not politics. An invitation was extended by the Chancellor once again after the second battle of Jabiim and Greejatus correctly identified the war as a shift in galactic affairs from which he could gain from. He joined alongside Sim Aloo, the former Senator of Nubia who had contacts within several corporations, among them BlasTech where his uncle was a board member.

With the rise of the New Order, Greejatus became minister of weapons and munitions. But things were close to end in disaster as small rebel factions started to rise against the Empire. BlasTech resisted demands to sign an exclusive deal with the Empire and their weapons ended up in rebel hands. Seeing their positions threatened, Greejatus and Aloo moved quickly to depose the head of BlasTech, Aloo?s uncle Stom Aloo and the board replacing them with those loyal to the Empire. Greejatus and Aloo also featured in a commercial campaign to restore public trust in BlasTech.

Greejatus continued to serve the Empire faithfully during the Galactic Civil War. He was a part of the group of advisors that accompanied the Emperor to the Second Death Star and was killed when the battle station was destroyed.

The Ughnaut is interesting but I it hasn't got my creative juices going, yet.

Oh, and don't mention it Xan. I'm here to help you out whenever you need anything. :)

15. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    I know YW, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

And just to share with you all the beginning of what I had for Janus (before YW rewrote even that in a entry i might typ here later), everything typed down for first time with typingerrors on names corrected and a bit cleaned up as well.

When the Refugee Relief Movement came to Umbara many lives changed. One of those lives was that of Janus Greetanus. He met the newly appointed senator of Naboo and an everlasting friendship between Palpatine and Janus grew.

As the son of a govenor Janus always wanted to pursue a career in polirics and it was Palpatine who helped him. With the senators influence Janus was accepted in a position as advisor to King Veruna. Janus would have rather gone to Coruscant to be the advisor of his friend but Palpatine felt it was wiser that Janus learned more about the Naboo culture first.

When King Veruna dissappeared and was found dead the new young queen accepted the request of Janus to go to Coruscant and work in the office of Palpatine.

After this I wanted a paragraph on how Janus was a valuable member of Palpatine's team of advisors and when Palpatine was selected Supreme Chancellor that Janus took the position as hea dof COMPOR and then COMPNOR, using his species pursuiding technique to win members. Ofcouse Palpatine used him, knowing that it would come in handy. Then Empire time with his end on DS2.

16. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005
    OK, here's the blog.

Sorry about the length. [face_whistling]

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    [face_laugh] Oh, those are some great entries. I'm not unhappy about losing anymore, as the competition seems to have delivered some fantastic entries.

4Dot, I liked your XWA entry. That was hilarious. And Sompeetalay, that was artfully done. Nice work with the BlasTech advert, too!

18. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    For the first time, I actually submitted two entries for Janus.

Janus Greejatus was the son of a counselor for the Ramesh clan of Hutts on Nar Bo Sholla. Raised among the clan's amoral sycophants, he learned the value of power, and the usefulness of cruelty in getting it. Physically weaker than the more rugged aliens in the Ramesh's employ, he became inexplicably adept at manipulation, pitting Dactrurian against Weequay, Tyluun against Esoomian. Soon, his influence was second only to his Hutt masters.

After the Battle of Naboo, the importance of Hutt Space led Palpatine to improve his power base there, secretly contacting numerous Hutt underlings. With some, he built covert ties with their clans that would stand him in good stead throughout his career; to do that, he arranged the downfall of other clans, including the Ramesh. Greejatus aided him, encouraging the clan to kill a member of the Black Bha'lir Syndicate; retribution was swift and total, leaving Greejatus free to become one of the Chancellor's advisors.

Palpatine discovered Greejatus had a talent in the Force to sow chaos. He also found the cruel and power-hungry man to be quite manipulable; always at the heart of a web of his own petty plots, Greejatus had no experience being the subject of ones as intricate as Palpatine's. Palpatine fed Greejatus crumbs of new Force knowledge, while constantly keeping him off balance by manipulating his power plays with other advisors like Alec Pradeux, Bal Jaset, and Coh Veshiv.

As Republic turned to Empire and the malignancy of the Emperor's rule grew, some of Palpatine's Force-sensitive advisors, including Greejatus, became his Dark Adepts, and were furtively groomed to one day replace the Imperial bureaucracy. Greejatus spent much of his time traveling between the Imperial Palace on Coruscant, the Imperial Citadel on Byss, and the Emperor's Retreat on Naboo, following his master or preparing for his arrival. Eventually, he added another site to his itinerary: the second Death Star. He died there when it was destroyed.

The Ramesh clan is from Black Sands of Socorro; Hutt counselors are from "Hutt and Seek" in Tales of the New Republic.

Nar Bo Sholla is originally from Wanted by Cracken; it's name has always sounded Huttese to me, and I wanted to make that connection explicit.

Dactrurians are from Riders of the Maelstrom; Tyluun are from the Marvel Star Wars 22: To the Last Gladiator; Esoomians are from Wanted by Cracken.

The Black Bha'lir and their destruction of the Ramesh are from Black Sands of Socorro. I originally wanted to use the Vermilic clan (such an evocative name, and it's only been used once, in the aforementioned "Hutt and Seek"), but the Ramesh setup in Black Sands of Socorro was too good to pass up.

Alec Pradeux is from Galaxywide NewsNets; Bal Jaset is from Lords of the Expanse; Coh Veshiv is from The Far Orbit Project.

Greejatus's Force-sensitivity comes from his Star Wars CCG card, in the Death Star II expansion; his role as a Dark Adept comes from his image (along with perennial conjoined twin Sim Aloo) being used to represent them in the Dark Side Sourcebook.

The Imperial Citadel on Byss is from Dark Empire; the Emperor's Retreat on Naboo is from Galaxies.

+++++

Though Palpatine's New Order restricted the lives of aliens, he was not above keeping aliens close to him, as shown by such confidantes as the Chagrian Mas Amedda, the Umbaran Sly Moore, the Chiss Thrawn, and the Pas'sic Gwellib Ap-Llewff. Few knew, however, that one of his advisors was a vile snail-like being the size of a shockball.

Janus Greejatus appeared to most to be an elderly, sickly Human man, but he was in fact a Croke, a small, nasty species capable of great feats of illusion. They hailed from the planet Crakull in the Unknown Regions, which was once visited by Socorran smugglers hiding from Republic law enforcement. Greejatus killed one of them, took his place, and rode with them back to Republic space. Cruel and power-hungry, Greejatus sought to bend the entire galaxy to his will,

19. Sompeetalay

Dec 17, 1999
    And Sompeetalay, that was artfully done. Nice work with the BlasTech advert, too!
    < Thanks :)

20. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Hello everyone, long time since I have posted here in a while. Firstly, congrats to both exarkun and four_dots for your entering into canon history.

Now here is my un-edit version for Janus Greejatus, as I think my edit version was a little poodo.

Despite the fact that he was a master of politics, Palpatine knew that he could not run the galaxy alone. It was for this reason that he encircled himself with many power-hungry advisors who would do anything for more prestige. One was Janus Greejatus, who served Palpatine as Minster of Cultural Information and Enlightenment. Janus started his career around the time of the blockade of Naboo; it was during this time in which he helped promote the sympatric image of Palpatine that helped him win his election as Chancellor.

During the Clone Wars, it was in part of his effort of bringing the heroics of Anakin Skywalker to media?s eyes that established Skywalker as the ?Hero with No Fear?. He also helped creating the image of the caring Palpatine, who was only willing to take more power only because it forced upon him by the people of the Republic.

As, the Republic developed into the Empire it was then when he formed his most masterful trick on the new imperial people and senate. As, after the destruction of the Senate Rotunda, following the duel between Palpatine and Yoda, he was able to successfully ?inform? the public how the destruction was caused by terrorist attack put forth by both some of the remaining Jedi and Jedi-aligned senators. As, the public hungrily ate this information up it allowed Palpatine o successfully gather up and arrest numerous anti-imperial senators. For this great success, Greejatus was rewarded with a high noble title for him and his family on his homeworld of Naboo.

Yet, over time, his job grew harder as it fell to him to either justify or even erase the evidence of the many atrocities being committed by the Empire. The one that took the hardest effort was his attempt to try clear the Empire?s name from the destruction of Alderaan. He tried to do this by laying the blame on Bail Organa; by saying, it was the result of malfunction of a super weapon that was being created on the planet?s surface that was to be used by the Rebels. Yet, despite the great amount of effort in which Greejatus tried to pass this information off it still resulted in a grand failure as the galaxy refused to believe that a man known for his peaceful stance such as Organa could have anything to do with the building of a super weapon. For this failure, Palpatine punished him by destroying both his family and home on Naboo.

Yet when Palpatine visited, the Death Star II to witness what he believed to be the destruction of Rebellion he still brought Janus along so that he could use his skill in making the it?s destruction seem even more frightful that no would ever dare challenge his rule again. Yet, in the end, the Rebels were able to destroy the Death Star and Palpatine, though he was able to escape in time. Even after the death of his master, he still continued to try to promote his master?s cause by helping to set up numerous Ante-Endor Associations.

21. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    There's a misspelling in the article.
    "Though Palpatine was prudent enough not to echo some of Grajeetus' more polarizing statements publicly"

:p

OK, read the blog. Stupid SW.Com :(

22. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    You mean Sheckil? Aw noodles ... now that you mention that, I might have to crank something out just for that reason....

I got that far and immediately saw where you were going. :-B Completely gratuitous but very nice ... way to go super-old-school. [face_laugh] I also like your attempt to bring in the very-underused Vermilic clan, which I tried to do on at least one occasion.

23. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I got that far and immediately saw where you were going. :-B Completely gratuitous but very nice ... way to go super-old-school. [face_laugh] I also like your attempt to bring in the very-underused Vermilic clan, which I tried to do on at least one occasion.[/quote]

Yeah, when writing the first story, I had the thought "What if there's way more to Greejatus than meets the eye? What if he were a shapeshifter or something? Or . . . heck, what if he was a kriffin' Croke?" And I smiled, and I knew I had to give that idea a whirl. You can tell I was a lot breezier with the second story, partly because I was pressed for time, but also partly by design.

I do want to see the Vermilics revisited. It's an awesome name for a Hutt clan (it sounds like Desilijic and kadijic, only the first part means "worm"! How cool is that?), and the briefly-described fall of the clan begs for some expansion.

24. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    whoa! We have the Pas'sic appearance canonized! How awesome. Always so nice to see the named, un-picutred aliens retconned to be pictured, un-named aliens. ;)

25. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Umm, no, we don't. We WOULD have had I won, but it was not to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.