main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Wisconsin Fanforce Costume Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by LeiaYT1300, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Sara, I got a PM from him and encouraged him to get to know the book club/costuming group that meets. I said he should talk to Leslie about attending the next meeting.

2. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Sara, I haven't received the email you sent to me about some costuming issues. Did you perhaps send it to my work address instead of my home address? Also, do bring your gun and we can maybe come up with some other options for you.

And I've not received any PM or direct email from another member about a SE Wisconsin SW costuming club. I doubt Beret has either - otherwise I think she would have mentioned it to me if she got it before we went down to GenCon yesterday.

3. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    I did send it to your work email. Seeing as how it is late Sunday night, I'll just let you read it at work tomorrow rather than forward it to your home email.

I'll forward the PM message I received to both you and Beret via email so you can contact this man if you wish. I did email him and got some further information.

4. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    I've got my 501st ID now and I am SL3881. I'm guessing nobody here will understand the reference ;)

5. riquigonjin

riquigonjin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    if any one is looking for jedi boots, they have a kick butt pair of Qui-Gon-Jin boots at museumreplicas.com I own a pair, they were $250.00 back when I got them, now they are only $95.00. When you go to the sight, go to closeout. you will see them. you just need som dark brown leather boot die and you got Qui-Gon's boots. P.S. hello to my fellow milwaukeegins. I hope to meet you soon (I'm stuck here in jacksonville fl:_| .

6. riquigonjin

riquigonjin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    I forgot. =D= :D GO PACKERS!:D =D=

7. swtrilogy

swtrilogy Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    You spent the money, took the time and made the costume, now here is your chance to get out and wear it.

Greetings,

Here is the info on the up coming parades in Waukesha County.

City of Waukesha is on November 20th at 4pm with a line up time of 3pm.

Menomonee Falls is on November 27th at 4pm with a line up time of 3pm.

I am having people over to my house (in Waukesha) this Friday @7:30 to meet and to start working on ideas for the float. I have some ideas but would love to hear any suggestions people have. Saturday is also an option during the day and I am open to the time as long as I know you are coming.

*I will also be attending the Book Club Meeting at Leslie?s on the 16th!!!

Please PM or just email me at swtrilogy@earthlink.net with questions or for directions to my house.

So far I have gotten the use of a flat bed tow truck to put the float on. I also have our local droid builder from Celebration 2 & 3 on board. He is planning on bringing his Episode 1 C-3PO and R2 units as well as a Yoda. A friend of mine is donating his generator for the parades as I would love to play Star Wars Music and possibly incorporate some lights into the float. I also have some wood we can use.

We still need a simple but loud sound system to play a CD on. The theme for the Waukesha Parade is Christmas or Story Book. I was thinking it would look great if we put together two very large books. The first one would be the Story of Star Wars The Phantom Menace with the Droid builders R2 & 3PO on the inside (or cover) and the other one the Story of Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back with his Yoda on Dagobah. I want to incorporate dry ice for this one to give it that smokey eerie look. I also would like to do a very small section of Death Star Walls to help hide the music system.

May the Force be with You!!!

Brian

8. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    So far, who has purchased a copy of "Dressing the Galaxy" and which version? And what do you think about it?

I have my $50 copy and the photos are great but I wish that the back of the costumes could have been shown. While some of the costumes have the fabrics listed, I would have wanted a full list for all of the costumes listed.

9. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    A friend picked up the $50 copy for me at the FIDM when he went to the exhibit and took photos for me. Because of the dark (low lighting and, of course, no flash allowed) many of the photos don't show much detail but some turned out pretty well. As to the book, it's good and there are some things in there that blow the mind as to the details on the costumes - though I agree that the backs of the costumes should have been shown on all of them. And the tiny photos (smaller than an Ande's mint chocolate) at the back of the book showing all the costumes in all 6 movies is ridiculous - they should have been much bigger and easier to scrutinize. [face_plain]

I cancelled my order for the limited edition book with Amazon when they were forced to raise the price from $185 up to $295. I already spend way too much on Star Wars-related items (like costumes) that I just couldn't justify $300. However, I know a couple of people who are getting that edition so I'm very curious to see it. Shipment has been delayed of that edition. Go fig.

10. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, I have ordered the $300 deluxe version of "Dressing a Galaxy" through Amazon, and right now, it is very delayed, so I still don't have it. I know Eric finally got his in the last day or so, but only through the publisher directly and some serious cajoling. I will be contacting Amazon through the phone and trying to get some answers, but so far, it is still being offered through them and the order is still valid. Already Eric has told me how wonderful it is, but that it is a very prequel-oriented book. The swatches are small (one inch x one inch) and not entirely of the costumes one would want, but they are lovely nonetheless and the book itself is a marvel. So we'll see. Eric feels it was very worth it.

11. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Do any of you have advice on washing synthetic wigs? Mine has been rained on twice in the past few weeks, is starting to look somewhat dull like regular dirty hair, and still has a slight bonfire scent to it from a Halloween party. I sprayed some Febreze on it to help with the fire smell, but it is time for a good washing.

I did some research online and found too many answers. I've seen sites recommend special wig shampoo, a light human hair shampoo, and Woolite. I don't know which would be the best to try, and would rather take advice from someone I know with personal experience than blindly choose from websites. Almost all the sites I found recommend a leave-in conditioner as well. I do have a sample bottle of human hair leave-in conditioner I could use.

12. SWCostumer

Jan 31, 2005
    Having had to wash many wigs for shows at Six Flags, I recommend using Woolite. That was what we used at least once a week on all of the wigs worn in the main show. Get the wig wet, use a small amount of Woolite, gently rub it through the wig. Rinse well and blot out the majority of the water by laying the wig in a towel and rolling up the towel and pressing down on the towel. Remove, carefully comb (if it can be combed) and let to dry on a wig stand/head (if you have one).

13. PrincessLeia13

PrincessLeia13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2005
  14. Blackadder1

Blackadder1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    Hi there!

15. LeiaYT1300

Mar 7, 2002
    Howdy! Got a costuming question for us? :)

16. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    how much will it cost to fabricate a sith robe- black

mtfbwy

jkr

17. SWCostumer

Jan 31, 2005
    The main costs are fabric and labor. Also, which do you want a recreation of one of the Sith cloaks from the movies (Darth Maul's, Anakin's) or do you want your own design. This will figure into how much fabric you need and what type of fabric you need. Whether your own design or a recreation, figure at least 6 to 9 yards of fabric (depending on width) will be required. You can cut down the price if you have coupons for the fabric or look for it on sale.

18. joe7049

joe7049 Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2005
    Ok... This question is for... Beret I believe your name was is whatever. Anyhow as you may or may not know I am doing an Anakin Skywalker Ep. II Costume and have everything for it. However the inner tunic is more reminicent of his inner tunic in Ep. III. Would you be able to make the kinda light grey color inner tunic as I myself have virtually no exceptional talent for sewing? How much would this cost? Also ,and this is more in afterthought, I assume you remember the outfit he wears when he and padme are traveling to naboo. Do you know how to make that one also? I may wish to do that one in the future. Thanks

Joe Hella

19. LeiaYT1300

Mar 7, 2002
    Hi Joe--

I can do both. I will PM you shortly with more details and the cost involved.

20. joe7049

joe7049 Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2005
    Cool, Thnx.

21. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Just to let everyone know that the Joann fabrics on 27th St. is closing and all of their patterns were $1.99. They still had a great selection of them during the last time I was there. I bought a bunch of patterns for Padme outfits.

22. LeiaYT1300

Mar 7, 2002
    Yup, already been there and spent way more than should have. Sewing notions and patterns for me are what shoes are for some women in terms of spending obsessions. ;)

23. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Are we on for the fabric outing on Feb. 11?

24. LeiaYT1300

Mar 7, 2002
    Last I checked, we still are. :)

25. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    9:00, right? Gotta know how early I need to drag myself up out of bed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.