main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Write/Rewrite Challenge Response Thread...Voting Underway

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Jan 10, 2011.

1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    The deadline for voting is over and we have a winner!

Congrats to;

slow_dawn!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Enjoy your week of colors.

Next challenge will be posted in one week, Monday, October 17.

2. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    It's that creepy, cooky, all together spooky time of year again.

To celebrate, we challenge you to write the scary, spine chilling, terrifying or just Halloweenish themed SW scene of your choosing. The only requirement this: at least one ghost must make an appearance. You can have more than one but no less.

The genre is also open - scary is not required but make it somehow relate to the Halloween spirit. All characters, be they OC or Cannon, are up to you.

Entries are due by Midnight, board time, Monday Oct 31

Happy writing!

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: A Halloween on Naboo
    Summary: Padme is reminded of a loss on Halloween
    Category: AU
    Notes: For the Write/Rewrite Halloween challenge. One-post.
    Author: Sara Kenobi
    Characters: Padme Amidala, Obi-Wan Kenobi

?Trick or treat,? offered a six year old student of hers at the door to her family home. Padme Amidala smiled at the happy face of the small girl and gladly dropped some candy sweets into the cloth bag she had opened. ?Have a good evening,? Padme replied kindly and then closed the door when the child left.

It had only been a few years since she had to walk away from her own dear babies who would be near the same age of the students she taught everyday at the near by public school, however, the loss still pierced her heart during times like these. She missed them, oh how she longed for them. Her dear little babies who would be children now.

They should be here, in this house, with her. Not in the homes of others. Just as the tears threatened to fall, Padme jumped, startled by the arrival of her weekly guest.

And this was not merely any guest. It was her husband's mentor, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. The man he killed and pushed to a fiery death on the day he had turned to the Dark side. The ghost of Obi-Wan seemed to appear to her when she needed him the most and she was glad for it.

It grew lonely here, so completely alone she was.

?Obi-Wan, why are you here??

?I could sense your sadness, milady,? He offered back softly. ?Are you alright??

?I'm just... I'm missing those who were taken from me on this night. It never gets any easier, you know??

?I am truly sorry, Padme. I know it is no comfort, however your children are in a good place. You will see them again, I know it,? The ghost lied kindly as he always did.

?I know,? Padme replied. ?But it still isn't enough.?

Padme then went back to her front door, almost mechanically so, to give more candy out.

[hr]

4. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    The deadline for entries has passed and now it's time to vote!

Participants

Sara_Kenobi

earlybird-obi-wan

Briannakin

Please PM me your vote by midnight board time, Friday, November 4.

The winner will be announced Saturday the 5th.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    KISS
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: JQ
    Characters: Siri Tachi, Obi-Wan
    Genre: rewrite
    Summary: Jocasta Nu introduces a new archive program. Obi-Wan and Siri have fun.

?Grr trust Nu to come with the umpteenth archive program on New Year?s Eve,? Obi-Wan was muttering when he saw the message on Siri?s terminal. ?Kaagi has told me years ago about a CCC program and now it?s the NYN digital approach and she even wants us to get our stacks of paper transferred to her precious archives.?

?The NYN digital approach,? Siri snickered softly ?just add the KISS and we can have our fun as usual. We weren?t there when she announced it after standing under the mistletoe with Jedi Norran and Council member Mace Windu whispering to her that she had to kiss Master Norran.?

?Yeah I sure would have wanted to see ?that? kiss.?

?Ferus told me that she kissed him on his hand and had a cart with fruitcake careening out of control towards him and Tru. Master Yoda stopped that cart and that had Master Nu halting her exit from the party and turning to announce NYN.?

?And Tru was able to convince Anakin to come to the party,? Obi-Wan snickered. ?He doesn?t like those parties. And I neither. We were sleeping in the garden of the healers? ward.?

?Yup,? Siri smiled mischievous ?after having fun white washing you.?

?And giving me a kiss in the cosy shed,? Obi-Wan got gleaming eyes. ?What?s the KISS??

?KISS is something else,? Siri headed out of her apartment after getting a sack with old bread from her kitchen with a mischievous smile on her face. ?I did forget my cloak and yours should be in that shed in the garden of the healers? ward too.?

Obi-Wan followed her, curious and with an innocent look on his face. Yes, missing his cloak this morning after New Year and remembering that he had returned to his apartment after bringing Siri to hers not knowing if he had it with him or not had prompted him to visit Siri.

The healers? ward garden ? the wild garden ? was as they had left it. Snow was covering the trees, bushes, meadows and winding paths. Marks of footsteps were again blurred by the drifting snow with only a few fresh marks from birds trying to find some food.
    Together they fed the birds.

Siri placing the empty sack in a pouch on her belt started the fun. She bent down to ? innocently ? throw the last bread crust to the birds and scooped up some snow and that bread crust. She stood up and threw the bread crust towards the birds.

Obi-Wan followed the bread crust and saw it landing near a group of quarrelling birds.

Siri laughed when she sneaked up to Obi-Wan?s back and slid the snow inside his tunics.

?Grr icky.?

?Snow, snow, icky Kenobi,? Siri laughed.

?That?s KISS backward,? Obi-Wan retaliated and had snow flying towards Siri.

Two snow covered Jedi were running towards the shack where the cloaks were discovered as they were left, hanging on hooks and now quite dry.

Siri was about to don hers to get dry and comfy when she felt arms encircling her, turning her and yes. There was Obi-Wan with a smiling face ? flushed red by the coldness of the snow ? opened mouth to invite her.
    She reached and kissed and used the Force to get the second cloak, draped that around Obi-Wan and danced with him in the small confines of the shed.

- - -

A long time after that kiss two Jedi were sitting side by side in the shed on the old rags.

?That kiss was nice,? Siri began.

?And now I want to know what the other KISS is,? Obi-Wan continued.

?Keep it simple stupid,? Siri grinned mischievous.

?Keep it simple stupid,? Obi-Wan repeated ?stupid? Ah yes the NYN digital approach is something stupid allowing us to pester Nu with our spamming of the archives.?

?Exactly and it is this,? Siri grinned and kissed Obi-Wan again.

FIN

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    For the first time
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: ANH
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin, Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, Han, Artoo and Treepio
    Genre: rewrite
    Summary: Obi-Wan during his final fight against Anakin.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by G.L.

For the first time

For the first time I see the dark shell that keeps my friend alive. Sure I had seen Darth Vader ? as he was calling himself from the day he pledged his oath to his new master ? on various holoscreens but this getting from the core back to the Millennium Falcon had me meeting him in person. My friend; what has he done to you? I ignite my lightsaber after he ignites his. Red; the colour of a Sith. Even the blue must be gone from his eyes. He is corrupted by his master.

?I have been waiting for you Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete.
    When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master.?

Raspy and artificial but he recognises me immediately and I take the defensive Soresu position. He sure must recognise that and I reply ?only a master of evil, Darth? omitting his new name. For me he is always Anakin Skywalker and I am sure that deep inside a core of light remains. Padmé?s last words were that there is good in him. And I believe her. Tears, there are tears in my eyes when I step forward. I couldn?t kill you on Mustafar. I cannot kill you here.
    And I sense the old Anakin rushing in reckless and eager when he parries my move. I can block him, move around him, again headed to the Millennium Falcon. Doesn?t he see that? No.

?Your powers are weak, old man.?

Old man. He never called me that. I was his master or just Obi-Wan. I am not that old. I have become a student again. Yes; they are coming. Yes master Qui-Gon. Can I convince Anakin? I will tell him. And I do softly but hoping to get his attention.
    ?You can?t win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possible imagine.? No, he doesn?t listen. He continues to attack me. And I hear booted feet and above that his son.

?Look!?

Troopers rush towards us. Good; Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, Artoo and Treepio can make it towards the Falcon. I see Luke hesitating.

I turn. Now is the time to let go.

I smile. Now is the time to leave my legacy.

I am light. Now is the time to ignite the spark of light in Anakin.

I see the lightsaber cutting through my cloak.
    I see my lightsaber falling down.

I hear Luke.
    ?No!?

Han: ?Come on!?

Leia: ?Come on! Luke, it?s too late!?

Han: ?Blast the door! Kid!?

And I urge Luke ?Run Luke! Run!?

Yes the son listens and I see him running towards the Millennium Falcon. And the freighter is getting away when I see Anakin picking up my lightsaber.
    Sure, his musings about my lightsaber and me will let that spark grow to incandescence.
    I will watch you Anakin.
    Remember; you are my ?brother.?

?He is!?

I turn and there he is: Qui-Gon, my master and my father.

?Yes my son.?

FIN