main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official X-Box Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DUM4, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Does anyone know if Star Wars Obi-One has been discontinued? I am having a hard time finding it.

2. ReconSEAL

ReconSEAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    I saw at least 20 copies at Best Buy

but i wouldn't recommend it. The graphics are blocky and the controls are horrible.

3. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    I, unlike thebadge, enjoyed the game. although I didn't buy it due to the fact that I have Jedi Knight. But it was however IMO a great game. Yeah, the charecters were block, but the enviorment's were outstanding.

What I'd recomned is to rent the game. and if you like it buy it.

4. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I've been looking to pick up Obi-Wan once it gets cheap enough. Too bad that the local Software Etc. only has it used and wants $20 for it.

5. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, my friends and I had an Xbox party this weekend. It's amazing that Halo is still the game that we spend 90% of the time playing over a year after it's release. I guess no one's topped it, yet.

Can't wait for Halo 2! We were talking about it and it was thought that Halo 2 will support more than 4 Xboxes on system link. Anyone have any idea if this is true or not?

6. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Well, my friends and I had an Xbox party this weekend. It's amazing that Halo is still the game that we spend 90% of the time playing over a year after it's release. I guess no one's topped it, yet.

I know what you mean, man. 6-8 of us guys always gather to do some Xbox multi-player gaming, and we always say "We're not going to limit ourselves to just Halo this time". However, we always seem to end up playing Halo. As you say, it seems that Bungie just set the bar way too high for multiplayer gaming on Xbox. It doesn't help either when you have Ghost Recon and MechAssault, and neither allows more than 2 players per Xbox. Just to support the amount of guys we gather with, we have to have at least 3 Xboxes and 3 TVs, or 4 to actually cover us all. Quite frustrating. It is clear that these titles were optimized for Xbox Live play, not necessarily Xbox Link.

We were talking about it and it was thought that Halo 2 will support more than 4 Xboxes on system link. Anyone have any idea if this is true or not?

I sure hope so. One of the fears my group of friends has is that Bungie will actually scale back on the amount of System Link support. I would hope that is just a ludicrous idea we have, but, as seen by MA and GR, alot of games are being optimized for Xbox Live FIRST, and Sys Link second. :(

7. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Ah, we can always hope. We did play a little Ghost Recon, but only gfour of us could play that. Hopefully that will change in Raven Shield or I'll be passing on that.

Now that we have 6 people in our group that have Xboxes we'd like to get more people involved. Currently we run with 4 Xboxes and 2 people per TV. Works out very nicely. This time we even were able to round up enough TV's to have at least a 25" for every box.

8. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    YAY! SNOW IS FALLIN'! NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!! WOOHOOO

9. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    It's amazing that Halo is still the game that we spend 90% of the time playing over a year after it's release. I guess no one's topped it, yet.

Welcome to what we PC users have known for quite some time. When a good fps is made, it should be able to hold your interest for at least a year, if not longer. That is what makes a great FPS, especially a great multiplayer FPS.

10. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Halo's simply a great game, the Xbox's Half-life, if it can be called that. Even for those of us without Live! or any other gaming sparring partners, it's simply a great shooter worth spending hours blasting Flood or Covvie-scum. :D [face_devil]

11. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    What keeps me coming back is their reactions. Not the weapons or carnage, but the reactions cause you can never quite be certain on how they'll react.

12. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    Are there any Western games on the XBox?

13. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    When you say western games you mean...

14. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    [image=http://www.oldwestshop.com/images/crowleyswaynebig.jpg]
    "Yeah, mister. What do you mean by western?"

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

15. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    I love those ps2 fanboys making up excuses why ps2 is as good as xbox... c'mon people, that's like comparing ps2 to psone........

16. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Any of you Xbox Livers fighting game fans? I was looking to hear some actual Xbox Live gamers recount their online experiences with Capcom vs SNK 2: EO. I hear a variety of things in reviews, and wonder if it is truly laggy, or not. The game just barely came in this past week at Funcoland, but nowhere else has it in. I might go pick it up, it was only $39.99.

17. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    ^ ^
    Anyone? Well, I guess I may have to stop by Gamestop a bit later and pick myself a copy up. Hell, it's not like I don't have 7 days to return it.

18. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    Western as in cowboys 'n' injuns, 'n' guns 'n'.... Roses [face_laugh]

And what good war games are there for XBox? Perhaps any good medieval games?

19. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    Well, we could've had BF 1942, but EA woudn't allow it becuase it would harm PS2 sales.

There is Medal of Honor. I think that's it through all of that.

20. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Well, we could've had BF 1942, but EA woudn't allow it becuase it would harm PS2 sales.

LOL!!

In all seriousness, was BF1942 officially cancelled? If so, I'd assume it is due to EA's difference of opinion with MS over charging for an online gaming service? If that is true, and that is the reason they give, they may want to check themselves, since they force you to upgrade your version of Madden every year when they pull the damn plug on the previous year's servers. :mad:

21. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    I dont have an Xbox but there is something in the new issue of EGM having to do with DOAXBV.
    For any Xbox pervs,there is a way to get a topless mode in DOAXBV. I would type how but it is long, but it invovles beating the game in 00:13. It looked real as the mag had pics (censored tho)

I dont if I should trust it tho as it is the April issue and EGM is known to play some nasty jokes for April Fools.

22. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Not that I care for that sort of thing, but that trick is a hoax. There is a way to see under the swimsuits apparently, but there are stars covering all private areas.

23. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I've been on spring break for five days now, and all I have been doing is playing Halo. And watching the Pittsburgh Penguins lose. And eating pizza. That's it.

24. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    Sounds like a vacation to me! :)

25. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    When I told my friend this he flipped and went straight for an XBox, cant wait to see his face after I tell him its a April fool's joke.

Im not into that stuff either but that still was a great April Fool's joke. I cant believe I fell for it, :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.