main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official X-Box Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DUM4, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The release of KOTOR grows ever closer. I can't wait.

2. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Be wary, ezekiel, as Bioware has a tendency to delay games (Much as they have with KOTOR). I've been excited for it, but I'll try to keep my anticipation in check until I actually see it on a store shelf.

3. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    I haven't played offline too much since it's so good online. I'd rent it first if you don't have live to see how you like it.

4. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    With KOTOR now due to release this week, I cannot describe how excited I am. Sad, too, because I just finally got a copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta, and I've been enjoying it. However, KOTOR is about to take over the greater part of my gaming time.

5. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    So how many Xboxers have picked up KOTOR so far? I want to get some feedback on it before I decide whether to pick it up or not. Maybe I should check the KOTOR thread!

Any new Xbox Livers? I saw that the new starter disc has Tetris Worlds, Mech Assault, and MotoGP (?) on it. Sounds a lot better than mine!

6. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    I wen't yesterday and nobody had it. I'm going in a few hours to Circuit City hoping they have it.

7. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I pick up my copy of KOTOR after work today (5 1/2 long hours from now). I have no doubts that it will be a fantastic game.

I still won't pick up a kit. It has gone from me just being too cheap to buy a router, to out and out not wanting to buy one. The only thing I think I'd use it for is content downloads.

8. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    Xbox rules!!! Star Wars rules!!!!

KOTOR double rules!!!!

Woooooooo!

-KNick

9. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002
    Picked up KOTOR today, and after playing it for two hours I can say that it is the definative X-Box game for me, even surpassing Halo.

10. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I got my copy of KOTOR yesterday after work, as well.

I've only had about 30 minutes of game time in (Due to prior family commitments), and already I love the game. Very Bioware-esque, and full of the SW feel. I can't wait to get more time to play.

11. JediJared

JediJared Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm normally not a big fan of the RPG, but I picked up my copy last night and I'm hooked.

Very fun game and it looks/sounds great. Can't wait to get my saber!

12. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002
    I just got done constructing my lightsaber, a blue blade. After playing KNOTOR constantly since yesterday, I can probably say it's my favorite Star Wars game.

13. RedSaberWarrior

RedSaberWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    I bought the game yesterday and have been playing for nearly 12 hours. I can honestly say this is the best rpg I have ever played. It is almost my favorite xbox game, second only to halo.

14. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    Man, I preordered KOTOR back in January when it had a March release date......5 months later, it is finally here.....

It is more then worth the wait, though.

Is the PC version going to be online playable?

15. XaeroN9ne

XaeroN9ne Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2003
    Just a heads up if you didn't know this:

Vice City is going to be on Xbox at the earliest in december. It might not carry the GTA name because of Rockstar's contract with PS2, but it will still be the same game. It might even have downloadable content.

16. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    That would be awesome. I wanted to do customizable soundtracks, and I know you can on the PC version, but I don't feel like spending the money to upgrade my PC in order to play it. I hope it turns out to be true.

I wonder what the downloadable content *would* be. Skins? Cars?

17. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I must admit that I am curious is Rockstar can pull this off. I'm sure the gaming community won't scoff at the term "Grand Theft Auto" missing from the title (Hell, prior to the first PS2 incarnation, 'GTA' stood for "terrible birds-eye view game"). Even though I own both PS2 installments of the GTA series, it'd be good for the Xbox gaming community to have this game available to them, especially if some don't own multiple next-gen systems.

In other Xbox news for me, I'm eagerly awaiting the releases of ESPN NHL Hockey and ESPN NFL Football. I'll be playing both games regularly after I'm done with KOTOR.

18. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    I'm seriously hoping that R* put some effort into the GTA port. HD, graphics, using my own sound track. Those things have just made some games for me. It's smart of them to rush that in though because if True crimes beat them to the punch they'd never have had a good run on the box

19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I definitely wouldn't mind buying an additional version of Vice City, as long as it takes full advantage of the Xbox's capabilities. I seem to remember reviews of MGS: Substance about framerate issues and almost non-existant graphic improvements. I don't know the technical issues behind it all, but could an Xbox VC be able to play custom soundtracks? I know the PC version can, but this is because the game is installed on the PC and can easily access mp3 files, whereas a console game is usually ROM and -- unless I'm mistaken -- music files would usually involve some loading time that could detract from the gaming experience. Anyhoo, here's hoping R* can pull this one off.

20. XaeroN9ne

Mar 3, 2003
    that shouln't be a problem because the ablility to make a custom soundtrack is a feature of the xbox and im sure they thought about that problem. And since the xbox has an HDD to store the music, i'd imagine it works the same way as it would on a PC version. As for graphic improvements...have you seen the PC version of Vice City?

21. eclipseSD

eclipseSD Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Hey, I got an Xbox a few months ago and I currently only have Halo, Wolfenstein, Sega GT, and Jett Surf.

My XBOX Live tag is eclipseSD.

However, I plan to buy KOTOR, Jedi Academy, and others as time progresses.

Since I also have PS2 and GC, its hard to balance out the number of games on each system without relying on one too much.

22. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I just got the DVD playback kit for X-Box. I was testing all my DVDs to make sure it worked. Everyone worked.... except for my FOTR EE! I am soooo angry. When I put it in it says that the Xbox cannot recognize the disc, and to make sure it is an xbox game, audio CD or a DVD movie. the FOTR EE works in my regular DVD player, but not the xbox.
    Anyone know why?

23. XaeroN9ne

Mar 3, 2003
    Check your regions and formats etc. on the DVD and the Xbox. Make sure they are compatable. Other than that... Console DVD players are picky. I've found the PS2 to be the most picky. Sometimes its almost as if it just doesn't feel like playing DVD's one day because a DVD I know works with it suddenly doesn't. (but then it works again later... [face_plain]) You are probably SOL until microsoft etc. improves on this.

24. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
  25. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Man, this thread is dead.

I got ESPN NFL Football last week, and just got ESPN NHL Hockey on Wednesday. I am extremely please with ESPN NFL, it is the finest incarnation of the NFL2K series yet. The jury is still out on ESPN NHL. I'm not totally sure this game is the true next step for the NHL2K series. In many ways, I prefer NHL2K3's gameplay. I definitely prefer the camera in NHL2K3.

In other news, I got my Xbox Live kit (Finally) last night at Target, after avoiding buying one for ages. They were marked down to $34 for some reason. It is the newer kit, with Tetris Worlds, the MotoGP demo, and MechAssault demo. I will not be signing on just yet, until I get some longer ethernet cables. Ultimately, I want to get a wireless router. I'll be looking for some of you online. What is everyone currently playing on Live?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.