main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official X-Box Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DUM4, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    It's funny, my Xbox plays the FOTR EE just fine. However, it wouldn't play TTT until I took it out, wiped it a bit and re-inserted it on the darn thing. Then it played just fine. Now, the only DVD it won't play is The Matrix. I don't know if it's because it's an older DVD or if I gotta change some settings on my Xbox (doubtful).

I've finished KOTOR a few times already and now I'm bored. There doesn't seem to be anything interesting on the horizon 'til the holidays? Any games anyone might reccomend (am not into sports though)?

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, right now I'm totally into Ghost Recon - I'm playing that on XBox Live.

Splinter Cell is great if you haven't played it yet. We also rented Brute Force and that's a pretty entertaining game as well.

3. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Xbox Live for $34? I'll have to let my buddy who's been putting it off to check Target.

As far as good Live games, I've heard that Return to Castle Wolfenstein is a blast. Ghost Recon is still one of the best.

4. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Ghost Recon is still one of the best.

Sadly, I returned it some time ago, before I got Live. I am psyched for Raven Shield, however. That game is going to rock.

BTW, my gamertag is Pyrrhonist, in case you want to add me. Perhaps we'll cross paths online some time.

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Picked up an Xbox yesterday :cool:

First system since NES [face_laugh]

6. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    >>>I was testing all my DVDs to make sure it worked. Everyone worked.... except for my FOTR EE! I am soooo angry. When I put it in it says that the Xbox cannot recognize the disc, and to make sure it is an xbox game, audio CD or a DVD movie. the FOTR EE works in my regular DVD player, but not the xbox.<<<

The first 3 discs works fine for me. But the fourth disc with the music stuff gives me the same message. I just found that out last week after I finaly got a round to checking out what was on that last disc. Hehe, I've had the thing for almost a year and now I find out. I'm to lazy to see if it works on my regular DVD player. Maybe I'll get around to checking out if it works someday. Aslong as I can watch the movie on my Xbox I'm happy. :D

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

7. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Just got my X-box recently and I love it. Question, not sure if it has been asked anywhere, and there is WAY to much stuff to go through; The official X-Box magazine...is it worth getting a subscription for the demo disks? I bought the mag for this month for the demo disk and it seems like it has some alright demos on it...what is everyones opinion on this?

8. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Not really. Some months they have crap demos or they repeat them. If your only interested in the demos then it might be best to buy the mag on a month by month basis.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

9. Lord-Revan

Lord-Revan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2003
    Had the XBOX for about a month now. I love it. I used to have the PS2, but I am sold on the box. You have to love the built in hard drive. No memory card needed... Thank you!

10. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    The magazine is good for the info, but if all you want is the demos then get it at the newstand when it has good demos on it. Sometimes they just suck. This month's is really good. It's supposed to have Rainbow Six 3, ESPN NBA Basketball and ESPN NCAA Basketball, among others.

11. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Happy 2nd Birthday XBox!

Anyway afew questions for my fellow XBox owners. First, has anyone crossed the magical 50000+ point on there harddrive yet? I doubt I'm no even close. Second, how many games do you have saved to your XBox? I'm up to 45.

If your interested:007:Nightfire * Batman Vengeance * Blood Wake * Circus Maximus * Crazy Taxi 3 * Dead or Alive 3 * Dead or Alive X Beach Volleyball * Enter the Matrix * Halo * High Heat 2004 * Jedi knight II * Jet Set Radio Future * Legends of Wrestling * Madden 2004 * Max Payne * Morrowind * MVP Baseball 2003 * NBA Live 2002 * NBA Street Volume 2 * NBA 2K3 * NCAA 2003 * NCAA 2004 * New Legends * NFL Blitz 20-03 * NFL 2K3 * NHL 2002 * NHL 2004 * NHL Hitz 20-02 * NHL Hitz Pro * NHL 2K3 * Phantasy Starr Online * WWF Raw * Sega GT 2002 * Slugfest 2004 * Soul Calibur 2 * Spider-Man * SSX 3 * SSX Tricky * Obi-Wan * Knights of the Old Republic * The Hulk * Simpson's Road Rage * Timesplitters 2 * THPS 2X * Wreckless

12. Not_Applicable

Not_Applicable Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    First, has anyone crossed the magical 50000+ point on there harddrive yet?

Nope. I've heard the HD is 8-10 gigs (there are different models, apparently).

Second, how many games do you have saved to your XBox?

Twelve. Most of them I didn't put on my Xbox, though. Sometimes my brother borrows it.

Also, I've got 6 soundtrack folders. Four are from Star Wars (TPM, ANH, ESB, and ROTJ), one includes music from Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Last Crusade, and one contains random J-Pop songs.

13. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Add Outlaw Volleyball:Red Hot to my list. Only $4.99 at Blockbuster Video so I figure I'll give it a try. Anyway anymore responses to my questions?

14. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    So what are some really good 4 player Xbox games?

15. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Halo is fun to play 4-player. I think that you can also play Gauntlet: Dark Legacy with 4 players, but I'm not sure on that (I've played with 3).

16. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Yes Halo. I've never heard of Gauntlet before, I'll have to check that out. Any other suggestions?

17. Stormtrooper-dude

Stormtrooper-dude Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2003
    Games I have now:
    (1)Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast
    (2)Star Wars Obi Wan
    (3)Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2x
    (4)Amped
    (5)Project Gotham Racing
    (6)Blinx: The Time Sweeper
    (7)Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Games I hope to get for Christmas:
    (1)PGR2
    (2)Tony Hawk Underground

18. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    It has been some time since I've posted in this thread, eh? 8-}

Well, after Xmas (and my incessant spending on family members), I decided to use some of the Xmas ca$h I received and pick up some new games for myself, since I've been just rotating ESPN NHL, ESPN NFL, and the GTA Double Pack lately. I picked up Tiger Woods 2004, and Buffy: Chaos Bleeds. For those of you who were big fans of the first Buffy game (a highly underrated game), this one is great, as well. Plus, it was reduced to $19.99 at Worst Buy. I'd recommend it to anyone who's on the fence.

I am still waiting impatiently for the release of Ninja Gaiden. The NES dork in me grows tired of the wait.

19. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Is there any other website besides IGN that gives Head-to-Head Comparisons of video games. Just wondering becasue I'm not an INsider and would just like to read the differences of some games.

20. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Well I picked up an Xbox back in November as an early christmas present. I'm glad I picked up it, when it first game out there really wasn't anything that caught my attention but it seems a lot of good games are coming out but that won't be for a while though. So far I have the following games.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds(came on on disc for free when I bought the Xbox)
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Crimison Skies: High Road to Revenge

I'm really looking forward to Halo 2(have the first one on the PC, got a copy from a friend), Fable, Jade Empire, KOTOR2, Starcraft Ghost and a few others I can't remember right now. Can anyone suggest any currentloy released games that I should get? I love RPGs butt I also enjoy action, shooters and even arcade sports.

I was thinking of picking up Mechassult but I don't have Xbox Live(might get it this summer since parents back at home are getting cable put in, currently at college and a lot of the ports are closed). Is that an online only game or is there a single player to it? Any other games you could recommend would be great and why they are good as well.

21. Evil-Yoda

Evil-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Anyone playing Rainbow Six 3 on LIVE?

Darth Windu is my Gamertag.. If you want a game, send an invite.

22. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Rainbow Six 3 is really fun. The single player is good, but the multiplayer on Live is great.

Mechassault does have a single player campaign.

23. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Rainbow Six 3 is really fun. The single player is good, but the multiplayer on Live is great.

I've still never seen you on there, Tobey. ;)

Rainbow Six is great as is Ghost Recon. Both have terrific Live multiplayer options.

Halo, of course, is a must have. Really, it just depends on what kinds of games you like to play.

24. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Is there any other website besides IGN that gives Head-to-Head Comparisons of video games. Just wondering becasue I'm not an INsider and would just like to read the differences of some games.

Rotten Tomatoes is quite a good site for getting various reviews of games. It does what it does for movies with games too, so you can find out if you are buying a stinker or not.

25. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I don't want to get banned for killing you Kate. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.