main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official X-Box Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DUM4, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I'll have to check IGN for that article. I'm surprised that Microsoft hasn't released more information to quell some of the rumors that are spreading about Xbox Live. Don't know about the rest of you, but I feel much more confident reading a piece of information on the xbox.com site than others.

2. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I signed up for the beta.

Also I got the s controller when I bought my Box. I find it a lot more comfortable. My only gripe is where they moved the start button.

3. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Discovered that the video store my wife works at has Morrowind for the Xbox. Is it worth a rent? I played Daggerfall on the PC back in the day and it was alright. I had fun, but the game world was just too huge. Any idea what the size of the game world is in this one?

4. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Blockbuster had one copy of morrowind. I didn't rent figuring that I plan to get it and 5 days isn't enough time. I did get NBA 2k2. I planed to buy it and wanted to test it out. So far so good.

5. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    That's interesting. I really hadn't heard anything good about any of the hoops games out. I have NBA Live that I borrowed from one of my friends and it's okay at best. Hopefully EA gets their stuff together for Live 2003. I've been really impressed with the Madden series, just can't understand why they can't get someone as good as Tiburon to do Live.

6. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Did you guys hear that DOA Volleyball will have a topless mode?

Not kidding, either.

7. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    Yup, I heard that it's a possibility. Not quite as bad as Dave Mirra BMX XXX though.

8. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    LOL are you joking? Also DMXXX sounds hilarious.

9. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Hmmm, think that one will get a Mature rating?

10. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    That's interesting. I really hadn't heard anything good about any of the hoops games out.

In terms of basketball franchises, Sega/Visual Concepts' NBA2k series is by far the best. The gameplay, strategy, and A.I. is the best in their game. However, the Xbox version didn't play right. I have a Dreamcast, and have bought the NBA2k games since the first incarnation. I thought the game played smooth and responsive, while I felt the Xbox version did not. Perhaps I was hallucinating, but NBA Inside Drive played more responsive.

11. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I got the feeling that 2K2 wasn't that good of a game when it's price quickly dropped to $30 with the rest of the old/unsuccessful games. I never tried Inside Drive, but I didn't really like the PC version that Microsoft released a few years back. I'm sure it's gotten better, I just need to find somewhere that has it for rent so I can try it out.

12. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Since the Xbox came to the scene a bit later than the Dreamcast and PS2, most of their 2k2 Sega Sports games are being released when most everyone else already has them. I have all the 2k2 titles on my Dreamcast already. When the 2k3 titles hit later this year, it will be right on time, simultaneous for all the systems. We will truly see each system's power at work when the games are developed SPECIFICALLY for them. If NFL2k2 looked as good as it did on Xbox with some slight animation and graphical improvements over the Dreamcast version, I can only imagine what an NFL2k3 programmed with the Xbox hardware in mind will be like. [face_devil]

13. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Good point. I hope that EA will release much improved versions of Live and Madden this year as well since they've had whole year to develop it with actual Xbox technology and not prototypes that they probably used to do the 2002 versions.

14. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Anyone here have thier X-Box hooked up through Gamespy Tunnel?

15. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Mine is, I think. Well at least it was until I reformatted my computer and I had to replace my router. I've played Halo on it a couple of times.

16. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    I haven't installed it yet on my new PC, but I'll do it sometime. If anyone wants to play some Halo, THPS2X or THPS3 sometime, let me know.

Edit: Just installed it. :)

17. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I would but I only have one ethernet slot. I'd buy a hub but with Live just around the corner I see no point in wasting the money.

18. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    If I'm correct, you'll need a router with Live. Unless you're going to unplug your computer to play Xbox Live and vice versa. I just picked up a Linksys Cable/DSL router for $70 at Amazon and it works great.

19. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    That's what I was thinking. Just unplug the ethernet cable from PC and plug into the Box. I don't mind really I do this all the time with my consoles. Switching cables ect.

20. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Of course then you won't be able to use ICQ or the boards when setting up games.

Edit: Then again, there's gonna be something similar to ICQ you can use. But still, the other people will have to be on thier X-Boxes already.

21. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Just installed Gamespy Arcade and Tunnel myself. Maybe we can try to set up a game of Halo sometime.

Don't know if I could handle the plugging and unpluggin thing all the time. Plus I have a laptop I can hook up so the Cable/DSL router w/ 4 port switch works very nice. No worries about if my Xbox is plugged in or not either since it always is.

22. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I hadn't thought of that DUM-4. I'll see once I get live,

23. Pancrase

Pancrase Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2001
    I just got my XBOX magazine in the mail, and it had a good length article on Xbox Live.

If you want to find out about Xbox Live, there is some stuff on the internet, and the July and August (the newest) issues have articles on Xbox Live.

24. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    What's on the demo disk on the latest issue?

25. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Playable Demos:
    Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller
    Hunter: The Reckoning
    Outlaw Golf
    Street Hoops

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.