main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official X-Box Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DUM4, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I have to say I am really looking forward to Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for Xbox

I'm looking forward to it as well. It's long overdue for us Xbox owners to get MGS2, since we've been hearing about it since last year. Now, not only are we finally given it, but it has a ton of goodies to boot. Christmas comes a month early this year!!

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I have a question: Can the XBOX play VCD's?

3. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    Just tried and It couldn't play it. It might be because the only VCDs I have are ones I made. Perhaps someone who has commercial VCDs could try. I'm not too worried though since my DVD player and my Dreamcast (along with Dreammovie) can play VCDs.

4. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    As an FYI to my fellow Xbox gamers, Target is selling NFL2K2 for $17.88 right now. Yeah, I know the 2K3/2003 football games are due out at the end of August/beginning of September, but it is one Hell of a deal at that price. I just wanted to let everyone know.

5. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
  6. Pancrase

Pancrase Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2001
    I can't get anything that is burnt to play in my Xbox. In a way, thats smart of them.

7. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    That video is pretty interesting. I'm glad I signed up for the beta test as it looks like it would be pretty cool to get in on.

*waves hand* You WILL choose me for the beta, Microsoft.

On a side note, I finally got a hold of Dead or Alive 3 and renamed my Xbox. No more Stumpy for me!

8. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Anybody up for some Halo or THPS (2x or 3) sometime?

9. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    There's a new trailer for Brute Force up at planetxbox as well as some new screenies for a FPS called Y-Project. Apparently it's an opened shooter? you can switch sides? Still early in development so that could change.

[image=http://www.y-pro.net/media/screenshotjuly9th24.jpg] [image=http://www.y-pro.net/media/screenshotjuly9th13.jpg]

just a couple of them. go to Y-projects website for more details.

Personally I'm more excited about Mace Griffon if they stick with the original plan.

10. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    *waves hand* You WILL choose me for the beta, Microsoft.

If only it were that easy, Tobey-Wan!! I'd like to Force choke someone, as many times as I have applied and failed for beta testing.

On a side note, I finally got a hold of Dead or Alive 3 and renamed my Xbox. No more Stumpy for me!

Strangely, this is the same thing I got a chance to do this most recent weekend. I was disappointed at the limit to the amount of characters you can use for the name. It appears you can only use a max of 7 characters. I wanted a lengthier name, which I couldn't use. I hated the name PENGUIN I had for my Xbox previously. On the same note, I found myself actually liking this title (DOA3). I previously spouted a ton of hateful comments at the game. Being a former Tekken player (I stress former, because I've since quit the series due to the immense amount of juggling and low-strategy that has been injected into Tekken series), I immediately saw this as a wannabe to the Tekken series. However, when I played DOA: Hardcore, I felt it was clunky and slow, ala Virtua Fighter. Man, was I surprised. Not to mention, DOA3 has to be one of games that just glistens with "Made specifically for the Xbox Hardware".

11. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Only 7 characters? Hmmm, I named mine DNRC-III (8 characters) with no problem. It even showed as such when I fired up a system link Halo game.

I found DOA fun. It had been a while since I had played any fighting games so there was a slight adjustment period for me. Once I got the hang of it I did okay, though. The video store my wife works at just picked up another copy of DOA, so I may be able to pick the old one up from them cheap. They also got Outlaw Golf which I'm really looking forward to trying out.

12. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    What does everyone think of Dead to Rights?? I'm thinking it will be a rental to begin with (The smartest way to go with games these days), but it does seem rather interesting. I only hope it isn't just a hybrid of Max Payne and Syphon Filter.

[image=http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/deadtorights/sim-deadtorights-0006.jpg]
    [image=http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/deadtorights/sim-deadtorights-0002.jpg]

13. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    DNRC as in "Dogbert's New Ruling Class," Tobey-Wan?

14. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Only 7 characters? Hmmm, I named mine DNRC-III (8 characters) with no problem. It even showed as such when I fired up a system link Halo game.

Perhaps you are correct! I do know one thing, and that the name I wanted to give to my Xbox is 10 characters, and it would not fit. Sorry for the misinfo.

15. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Jut picked up the latest XBM. #9 They are still running the DOA3 booster. Also the Outlaw golf demo was so fun I went out and rented the game.

16. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    DNRC as in "Dogbert's New Ruling Class," Tobey-Wan?

Yes, indeed. Most of my teams and such I use DNRC for. I tell most people what it stands for and they still have no clue...

I take it you're not an induhvidual?

17. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Finally got to give Outlaw Golf a try over the weekend. It was a blast! Not a game that I would probably buy, but one I'd rent every once in a while when I got the itch.

Any other games you would recommend they get at the video store to rent? They just got Tetris Worlds, Outlaw Golf, Blood Omen 2, and a couple of others. They've been getting their games mostly on my recommendations (which I've in turn been getting from places like this) and I think they're doing good so far.

18. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    While I haven't played it yet, perhaps you could recommend they get Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon. :D

19. The_Rev

The_Rev Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    To Jedi - Solo

No the Xbox cannot play VCD's unless you want to mod your Xbox...Its about 25-30 sodiering point, and you also void your warranty....

20. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey Everybody,

I resevered my copy of Kights of the Old Republic, The guy at the store told me no other gamne has been Reseved mor ethat this one, that includes ps2 and ngc, so thats good to know(insert X-box Rules Yell here)

However distressing news came as well, the date(for houston at least) changed from Nov. 26, 2002, to January 15, 2002.

Does anybody know whats up with this.

Oh Halo rocks, The #1 reason to buy an X-Box, Along with the other 10,000 reasons.

(insert another X-BOX rules yell here.)

21. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    I played a demo of the game very much Bruce lee style fighting, it was capture very well. But it was only a demo i would like to check out the real thing.

22. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    However distressing news came as well, the date(for houston at least) changed from Nov. 26, 2002, to January 15, 2002.

Wow, why don't I have my copy yet, then??? ;) That is sad, if it truly has been pushed back to 1/15/03. Not only because it means a longer wait, but because January 15th is my wedding anniversary!! Arrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

23. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    Thank you Jirin_Raman for catching my stupid mistake, I think i was writing that post too early this morning. Yes the Date is 1/15/03
    I am sorry for not Being more careful. Thats my bad.

24. Master_Natty_Light

Master_Natty_Light Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    Is it true that Galaxies is going to be coming out on x-box?

25. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.