main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official: X-Files ends this season...

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    link

I know the show has been better but its still pretty good and has been one of my favorites of the last 10 years.
    It won't be the same watching The Simpsons and knowing that XF won't be coming up in half an hour.

2. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    The show was not the same without Mulder and with Scully being less and less involved in each episode.

3. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    yeah it's time even though i'll the show alot it's just not the same

4. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    T2000 is a pretty good actor, IMHO. He just isn't as popular as Mulder.
    Well, the fans have spoken. [face_plain]

5. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    Ya, I though Carter did a suprisingly good job with T2000 and Reyes but, of course, its not as good as it once was.

6. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    I love it when shows/franchises get experimental and change things around. It usually sparks a lot of good creativity.

Unfortunately, as with X-Files, it also usually happens right before cancellation...

So, no petitions or anything to save it? I dig Doggett & Reyes!

//clicks on link to read article...

7. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    It would have been cooler if he really played T2000 on the X-Files. [face_plain]

Imagine :

Scully: T2000, I can't open this door.
    *T2000 smashes open the door*
    Scully: T2000, my car won't start.
    *T2000 duplicates a key for Scully*
    Scully: T2000, there's some meat in between mt teeth.
    *T2000 makes her a toothpick*
    *Scully picks teeth*

Okay, maybe not such a good idea. :p

8. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Hmmm, I don't know if even the T-2000 could go through all the ##$$@#$# they've put Doggett through...I mean, he's been shot, killed and regurgitated, his mind's been wiped, etc. etc.

He's one tough hombre :D

9. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Not as much as what they put Scully through! [face_shocked]

10. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    LOL! Ya, where's the love? This guy's been treated like a red headed stepchild since day one :D

11. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Yeah, but Doggett's only been on for a season and a half...his torture has been much more concentrated than Scully's...he's nearly caught up with her 9 seasons' worth...

12. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    T2000 had water splashed on him by Scully. Big deal, it's not like he rusts or anything. ;)

I just feel that Scully is the longest suffering, constantly being written off and then written back in character in the X-Files.
    Why, she's the poster child for Red Headed Stepchildren everywhere. :D

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Doggett was a different character for the X-Files. A real tough cop type. Like the episode where Krycek had that antidote for Mulder and he wouldn't give it to Skinner.

Doggett says, "Where is he?" And I turn to my friend and say, "Watch this, Doggett is going to go kick Krycek's butt all over the parking garage." Sure enough, he's jumping into speeding cars and stuff. Love Doggett. He's not Mulder, but he wasn't supposed to be.

14. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    Agreed.
    I don't think the ratings drop can be blamed on the new actors... more on the bad circumstances (contract stuff) that kept the show going in too many different directions.

15. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Well, they weren't bad actors, as I've said, but the episodes with Mulder and Scully rated much higher than the ones with T2000 and Reyes.
    As you said, 'circumstances'.

16. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    i liked T2 alot but he just wasn't Mulder

and i hope when they do the movie T2 gets to be in it

17. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    If I were any good at debate, I'd argue that they should have replaced Mulder with Doggett a season or two earlier, and could have had better results...it had already been established that some very odd, paranormal things were going on, so having a wistful, truth-is-out-there kinda guy was unnecessary to further the mythos.

Now, bringing in a tough fighter like Doggett to actually do something and fight the future fight, beginning around season 5 or 6 as an initially supporting character, that could have rocked...

18. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Didn't Chris Carter(CC) leave as well?

19. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Of course this season is the last.

Now that it's confirmed... YES!

But i knew it was coming... the fans won't even watch it anymore.

They CAN continue and call it X-files the next generating or X-files 2, but they CAN NOT call it X-files (as in original)

20. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    The new season is... okay, I guess. I just don't like how, starting late in season seven and continuing onwards, Mulder and Scully sort of switched roles. He became more of a skeptic, and she was more open. Now, Scully is the new Mulder, Dogget is who Scully used to be, and Reyes is... ummm... New Age Hippie Agent. ;)

Role reversals aside, it's still entertaining. Although, I don't really care for Cary Elwes' character. It isn't because he's not interesting, it's because everytime I see him, I can't get the image of Wesely or Robin Hood out of my mind. I half expect him to waltz up to Reyes or Scully and say: "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a shame to ruin yours." ;)

21. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    I think its an exaggeration to say even the fans weren't watching. It still had good #'s for a Fox drama.

22. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    It used to be over 11.0, now it's down to 5-6 range :(

23. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I haven't seen past the end of season seven, so I don't know what post-Mulder is like. I'm following the series again as it is released on DVD (R1), and am well into series 4, top territory, so no complaints here.

24. Garli Pesan

Garli Pesan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    There's about a million reasons that ratings aren't as high as they used to be. I still watch, but it's more like not being able to tear your eyes away from a car wreck.

The main problems:

1. No more character chemistry.
    2. Mulder's gone. The premise of the show was his quest to find the unexplainable. The person who cares the next most (Scully) isn't even on the x files any more.
    3. Scully gets no screen time anymore. When she does, you can tell that even she knows how bad her lines are.
    4. The writers aren't as good anymore. The dialouge isn't clever.
    5. Agent Rayes is a blatent and bad rip off of Deana Troy.
    6. The weird stuff is TOO far fetched. At first there would be a 30 second explination that would take care of what was going on. If you could suspend disbelief for that long you could enjoy the show. Now there's like a 5 minute no way explination for everything. Or they don't even bother to come up with something. Like last week the guy that stole memories. Did they think because it looked like a vulcan mind meld we would come up with one our selves?
    7. Speaking of last week's episode. Has anyone who wrote it ever been to mexico? Or talked to anyone who has? Even the everyday parts of the episode are unrealistic.

25. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I don't dislike Dogget or Reyes... They are just not Mulder and Scully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.