main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON ****Official YJN hosted FanForce Christmas Party****

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    It is a pot luck...the money for food is a "just in case" back-up. (We are not getting beef on a bun. Pizza if need be.)

If you don't bring something yet expect to eat what someone else brought does not make it fair.

You need to contribute.

Edit:
    Just a "math" thing...
    If we have 15 people bringing enough for 2 (themselves and another)...
    That equals enough food for 30!!!

That means that 10+ people don't eat.

Understand now Graeme?

2. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I hate to say this guys, but unfortuantly i couldn't get the day off work. I really really wish i could come but right now that isn't an option. Hopefully i will see you all next time.

3. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll pickup something tomorrow morning to bring. Was always intending to bring along some food, just had no idea what it would be.

See you all tomorrow (or later today if you prefer to think of it that way).

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I can pick up Justin for 6 o'clock.

That will work out best because the food I want to bring will be ready by then (its a hot dish) and I'll pick that up at the same time.

5. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I am bringing something. Just not sure what yet ;)

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

6. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Happy Holidays everyone!!

I hate to impose - but John (Woofer) had extended an invite to myself and my wife to come up there tonight - we both would like too come if it is ok with you guys. Sorry about the late response - we have been busy handling orders for my site and wanted to make sure we had enough done so that we could come out and play ;)

I just need directions - we wouldn't leave Rochester till 4 ish - so we would be there around 6 ish

Food isn't a problem - can anyone say cookie trays? Yes - my wife was in charge of cookie trays this year and Betty Crocker used her Italian Philosophy and baked for a large army...... ;)

Anyways - if you guys will have us please forward on directions to me by PM, Email (lgtsbrb@rochester.rr.com), or IM (lgtsaber on AIM)

Thanks

Dave

7. DMZBADGER

DMZBADGER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    I am stuck here at my shop..I want to make it to the party..when does it start when is the gift thing happening? Please email me or post here thanks.

By the way thanks for the directions Chris.

8. DMZBADGER

May 31, 2002
    John's bringing a "hot dish"....we already know your attending buddy, :)

9. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Thanks for having us over Debby and Chris. We had a great time and it was fantastic to see everyone once again :)

10. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Sorry I couldn't make it guys - but I ended up having a modem problem and by the time I got it fixed it was after 6 - with the 2 hr ride from Rochester we would have been able to stay for maybe a couple hrs at best

I hope all of you had fun and I hope to see some of you next month at our little party ;)

Dave

11. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    I would like to thank everyone for attending our Christmas gathering again this year. It was great to see everyone again and I hope everyone had fun. The gift game was a hit once again and it was good to see everyone getting in on the "stealing" part. Someone left their gifts here, so I guess we can use them for next year. ;)

Big thanks to Dana and Chris!! You made it much easier to just go straight to bed when everyone was gone!! :)

I would appreciate it if someone could send me some pictures of a certain someone sucking on my chin!! Thanks :)

I hope everyone got home safely and Happy New Year to you all!!!

12. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Deb and Chris, thanks for hosting. Everyone who attended, thanks for having me and making me feel welcome. It was a great time and I felt honored meeting so many nice folks. If you are ever up Maryland way, give a hollar and we'll try and pretend we have our act together. ;)

13. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Thanks to Deb and Chris for hosting us. It was a nice refreshing atmosphere for me.

Thanks to everyone who showed up to make the party enjoyable, and for all the smorgasboard of food I got to sample :D.

:D

14. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks Deb and Chris. For some reason this year was a lot more fun than last (and it wasn't even the extra people cuz I didn't really introduce myself to any of them....sorry!).
    And obviously I got home safe and sound. Couldn't see 10 feet infront of me when I got up the mountain but I drove slow and got home. Thankfully the roads up here are straight. lol.
    And you're welcome for the fried rice that I just happened to leave in the freezer. lol. I didn't really feel like bringing it home, plus it would have unfrozen by the time I got here.

Oh, and now that I know how close you really are...I should come visit more often! lol. I'd have to figure out what bus to take.

15. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Photos anyone?

(this is actually Tessa... just I seem to be logged on as Nick. *thinks of evil plans and flees laughing maniacally* *

16. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Thanks for having us over Chris and Deb, I had a blast! It was good to see you guys again and the gift exchange was fun. Hope to see you guys again soon.

17. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks for inviting us to this year's party! We all had a great time, as always. It was nice to see some familiar faces, meet some new ones, and get to know some a bit more.

Hope to see you all again soon!

18. LadySith22

LadySith22 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I had a great time last night!! Thanks for having us, it was great to meet some new people and the gift exchange was a blast. Sorry we cut out so early... but after the ride home I'm glad we did, the border was a nice long wait and the fog was worse on the other side! Thanks again to all who made it so fun!

19. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Thank you for the awesome time last night Chris and Debby!

I had a terrific time and the gift exchange was fun, especially seeing the fight over that now known Concept Stormtrooper, lol!

Thanks to the other Fan Forces for showing up too! :) Was great to have a group getogether without having a parade!

20. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I would also like to thank Chris and Deb for hosting this event. I had a great time and enjoy finally putting faces to some of the names I see so often here.

Yes the drive was a bit foggy but it was worth it to see everyone again.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

21. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    A bit foggy?
    OMG! That drive home was impossible!
    We couldn't see a thing and it took us ages!

Thanks for a great time, Chris and Debby :) Had a blast and it was great to see everyone again!

22. DMZBADGER

May 31, 2002
    Well I stopped in really brief because of other engagments that night. But it sounds like the night went well. Talked to some "regular faces" from yjn. Hoped to talk to more of you folks but time was a factor.
    Did bring 3 gifts though..Did anyone get or fight over the Star Wars micro machines? just curious.
    Thanks again to Chris and Deb.

23. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Thank you very much to Chris and Debby for being such great hosts, I had a wonderful time, It was really great to see alot of people that I had not seen in ages :)

24. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Had a blast!!! Thanks for having us. :) It was great seeing some old friends and I think, making a few new ones. Glad everyone got home safely!
    Thanks Deb and Chris for the Birthday cake...lmao. Classic! (he hasn't killed me yet.) lol.
    I couldn't believe it when we walked in the door and saw what time it was... you could have kicked us out earlier you know. :) lol.

Well, hope everyone's holidays goes well, and hope to see you all again real soon. :)

25. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    The fog wasn't bad after we got on the 406! the 58 was horrid, and I was driving like 60 in the 90 or 80 or what ever it was.

Thanx Chris and Deb! I had a blast! and I have some treats for you both! :D

S o.-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.