main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Official......

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Ok you lot....I've been told we are official now....so those who want to help, please stand up.....

Skip has offered to make a website for us......if you all agree....let me know asap.

Also we need ideas for a banner...I have engaged the help of one the JC's best banner makers to help us...but she wants ideas on what we want in it..

Me? I want to see the Festival Theatre somewhere in it....and some of the Phunny Photos come to mind! :p

Also most important of all.....we need a name as such....and no....I don't want Parsec...it's done, it's over and it's dead......currently we are FFSA (Fan Force SA) but a new name please? Southern Star Wars Society?

2. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    For another web site I worked on that was the Australian chapter of something or other I had a semi transparent map of Australia. Perhaps a map of SA with Adelaide highlighted subtley hidden in there somewhere? A kangaroo Jedi perhaps? :)

As for names:
    -Southern Star Wars Wallies (SSWW, hehe)
    -Adelaide Force Crew (I can picture people dressed in SW costumes with big gold chains and trainers ;) )

Nah, I have no idea really.

To show you guys that I can do semi-decent sites, I *should* have a site up in about a week or two for a mob that are doing a Buffy convention in Adelaide next year.

Agreed about the Parsec name - it's (sadly) done, but I hope the same sense of fun carries on. I might reuse some of the design ideas though for the site as it was one of the best ones I've ever done. Knowing what I know now, I could put it together so much more quickly and better than before.

3. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    wow seems I have alot to live up to ;)

As for names, it's not that important you can just leave it as FFSA I was just asking as some places, for example the Wales chapter is called "The Wretched Hive" but's it's not a requirement I was only wondering for banner purposes :)

4. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    I actually quite like the name Fan Force SA - its short and to the point.

Ideas for banner images
    - The Statue of Colonel Light with a light sabre in hand, or a stormie or vader helmet ;)
    - The Rundle Mall Balls with the top ball replaced by the Death Star
    - A picture of the West Adelaide High school tucked away in the corner somewhere (in memory of the good old Parsec days )
    - I'm sure we could retro-fit some turbo lasers on the Festival Centre

5. Darth-Nash

Darth-Nash Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2004
    Hello
    glad we are official. as for the banner i agree to the image of the Festival Theatre, as it is an adelaide icon, also maybe colenel light statue image? as for a name geee thats a tough one.... maybe if someone comes up with something good/catchy then we should use that but i think we just stick to FFSA.

lets have a party :)

6. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I reckon that's a top idea. How about SAJA, (South Australian Jedi Association?) It's an idea.

7. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Congrats on becoming official. I'm glad to see this forum survived the FanForce trials (poor ACT never stood a chance). If you guys need a hand with anything shoot me a PM. :D

EDIT: And a suggestion for a name... The South Australian Force?

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Jedi Association? Can't do that, half or more of us are Imperial!!!

SAFF is good, simple and to the point...

I remember Darth Beanie Baby doing something with the Festival Theatre with X Wings and Ties flying over it.......and mayby Colonel Light Pointing at it!! :p

9. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Congrats on becoming official guys.

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thanks Aztek it was a tough haul....but will me pushing and shoving the guys in the right direction we did it! :p :p [face_devil]

11. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    pushing!!!! more like frying our backsides off with your lightning bolts :D

I put forward the name of Southern Badlands
    as for pics the old parsec with the state theatre and the tie, xwing breaking through it was excellent, maybe add the deathstar to the sky and colonel holding lightsaber....

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Does anyone have that original picture?!? i guess we need to talk to Darth Beanie Baby, he did it didn't he?

13. Darth-Nash

Darth-Nash Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2004
    hmmmm Southern Badlands.......... i like it :)

14. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    The best bet for a Light statue pic would probably be to go out to the statue and take one with a digital camera. I've checked and it's really difficult to find a decent pic on the net. And as for the title, hmm, what about SAD/LA (South Australian Darkside/Lightside Association) Jedi and Sith peacefully co-existing since 2004. ? (I'm full of ideas today.) :D

15. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    we should have a logo competition. :)

Re: old parsec logo - don't those sorts of things belong to the artist? I'm pretty sure a certain Fox did that logo and should be consulted if it were to be used again.

I like the idea of having Colonel Light in the logo, pointing to a death star being blown up by the legendary Rogue Squadron (those who should be hailed)

:D

16. Brun-Farron

Brun-Farron Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    yay! a competition!

what will i win?

i like simple things....so my vote (if there is one) would be as simple as The South Australian Fan Force, as well...

the only other thing i can think of would be - The South Australian Star Wars Fan Forced Society, Representing Both The Light And Dark Side Of The Force, Including Non-Force Users And Expanded Universe Characters, But Not Those Mentioned In The Marvel Comic Books

...or SASWFFS,RBTLADSOFTFIN-FUAEUC,BNTMITMCB for short

for the logo i like the idea of including the CL statue too - the Festival Centre isnt the most reconizable icon in adelaide in my mind.
    something that includes starships from both era's - maybe X-wings, Tie's, Jedi Starfighters and whatever else the prequal baddies can throw at us Jedi

and stars, maybe like the sothern cross or something

otherwise, it should be just an ewok-in-tree-dancing next-to-a-fire-with-the southern-cross-in-the-sky-silhouette kind of thing....

...oohh! i like that one!

be right back...

(maybe an hour or two)

17. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Official ?? . . . Cool :D

I like the CL hodling the Lightsaber and Phunny Photos the southern cross better be in there somewhere :D

name - SALAD - South Australia Light and Dark. with a good mix of other stuff all we are is a Mixed SALAD ;) Somthing along those lines :)

*sets up party stuff*

18. Brun-Farron

Brun-Farron Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    funny photos? maybe for your banner at the top, but not the logo.

but why use old photo's?

make new ones!

go up to Kypito Forest as a back drop, and have all you cool poeple in costume!

19. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    New phunny photos ??

COOL!! PICK ME !!!

sorry

*gose and hids back in the cave she can out off *

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'd like to move away from the Parsec past.....it's gone and this is a 'new begining'...a logo comp is fine by me to be used on the website Skip said he'd start....

21. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    moving on from any past is good for the soul. Holding on to the bitterness and sadness is not healthy for anyone, but holding on to the good and fond memories is essential for a healthy and happy spirit.

I'm not saying that anyone here is doing this. Just a thought. :)

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not bitter, and I've made some of my best friends from Parsec....but this isn't Parsec...that's the past....this is now and the future...and Parsec was someone elses brainchild....this was mine.....just wanted a fresh start...

23. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    right ok I have a couple of ideas I can do for the banner scheme and I will get to it just trying to get my software all back, clever me formatted my computer yesterday and now photoshop doesn't want to work **kicks photoshop** :p

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL! I may be passing through the city in the next week, if so I will try and get some pictures of dear old Colonel Light ;)

25. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    We trust you Amber any friend of AD is a friend of ours :D

stops sucking up now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.