main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Official"

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by DarthPaul1971, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    So, when do we become an official fanforce club? I thought that was the big fuss about getting the city rep elected.

Just wondering. :)

2. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    I was curious about that too. Is there anything else we need to do in order to be official? Billy, has our regional rep been communicating with you?

3. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    We were official after we had our second event. Without a rep though we had no one communicating with Fan Force about us. That should change now obviously.

4. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Okay, good! When do we get to have that cute blue "TulsaFanForce" next to the Tulsa, OK on the Midsouth board?

5. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    FYI....

You will have to be very persistent with these people in order to garner "OFFICIAL" status. I sent a dozen emails to the fanforce.net trying to get us "OFFICIAL" status before I left the group. Back when I was elected City Rep, I sent a detailed accounting of the first 6 events we had, a list of all the members attending, and my election as City Rep. I sent it out several times, but they just kept ignoring us. Bottom line, I asked them repeatedly to add us as an official FanForce chapter. I'll probably get slammed for mentioning this on the fanforce boards, but its the truth.

6. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Jake's called it. I've sent 3 separate PMs to our RSA about making us official (hopefully he's working on it), and I've posted on the CR boards asking the very same questions. I'm not going to let this go, trust me.

7. DarthPaul1971

Jun 24, 2002
    yes ok, I was under the impression that we had to have 3 meetings (not necessarily events) to gain official chapter statis.

Thanks Gen. Fel. And thanks Face for your persistence.

8. DarthPaul1971

Jun 24, 2002
    Billy,

Maybe if you post something on the Midsouth region discussion board someone will take notice. It seems like thats where other citys report when they have had meetings and what not. Just a suggestion. You da man!!

Paul

9. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Straight from Nabooty_Call, our RSA:
    As far as I'm concerned, y'all have been official, just waiting for a new City Rep to take charge.

You are that CR. You guys are official, just let me know if you have any questions regarding website, nickname, etc. and I'll get the web links updated, etc.

Thanks,
    Brian

10. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
  11. DarthPaul1971

Jun 24, 2002
    Well OK then....sweet!

12. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    That would be nice. If you didn't notice we are getting ready to blow by Austin in the number of posts on the FF board, leaving us behind only Dallas and Waco.

13. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Okay Billy, one quick question. If we are official, how come we don't have the "Fanforce Chapter: TulsaFanForce" next to Tulsa, OK on the Mid South board? I mean hell, even OKC has that! I think we need the Fanforce Chapter recognition as well. What do you think?

14. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    I've asked our RSA to add that. It should be there soon.

15. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Thanks Billy! For sure we can't let OKC make us look bad! :)

16. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Oh, and if anyone feels creative or "artsy", we do get custom graphics for our board now. The header and side images with the cute little pictures of the Jedi can be changed to whatever we want.

Each of these have their own custom dimensions.

Default Graphic Dimensions

Main banner image (foreground) - 764 x 110
    Main Background image - 764 x 110
    Curve image - 69 x 67
    Side Bar image - 32 x 465

So if anyone wants to put together a banner, feel free. And if you have an idea for a banner but not the software and/or know-how to make one, post the ideas here. I'd be happy to use my meager Photoshop skills to visualize your concept. (although I'd advise finding someone who actually knows what they're doing)

17. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    I can give it a try.. when i get home that is :/ stupid work.

18. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    I threw some graphics together that we can use for now. If anyone just can't stand the new look, we can always change it when we get something better.

19. DarthPaul1971

Jun 24, 2002
    Man I tell you what....I like this the way you have it...looks awesome!! Love the x-wings zooming from behind the logo.

20. Icarus_apex

Icarus_apex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I haven't been on in a day or so and was very impressed with the new look. Looks great. **cheers and applause** Kudos to Billy!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.