main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Officical Outer Rim Hotel Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by PtrsonsZOO, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Anyboy else staying along the Rim sign in so we can commisserate about parking & rental cars.

The Troops from the Rocky Mountain FanForce are staying at the Wellesley & the Extended Stay Suites out by the airport. I did find out that there is bus service right in front of the Wellesley, but I'm looking to see if any of the hotels are running a shuttle to the convention center.

2. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm booked about five miles south. I'm driving in though so no rental for me. How much is parking though.

3. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    My friends and I are staying at the Embassy Suites on the north side of town. From the maps I've looked at, it appears we are about ten miles from the convention center...yuck.

4. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I'm at the Days Inn on E. Thompson, about 4.5 miles from the convention center. I'd say that's Outer Rim Territory.

But, I caught a great deal on a rental car! Stay at Day's Inn and you can rent a car for $9.99/day with 500 miles! Even with parking, that's gotta save me money on cab fare back and forth and back and forth, etc.

5. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Hey! My husband and I are staying at the Extended-Stay too!!! We were just going to drive in and park in a parking lot. They said it's only 15 minutes from the Convention Center. I can't wait!!! I think I am more excited about this than my husband right now!! :D

6. FBTBTim

FBTBTim Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2002
    I will be staying at the Extended Stay at the airport as well :)

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    If you're parking by the ConCenter, be prepared to pay handsomely for parking. A Chamber member said that the going rate is $15 a day. I don't know about any where else, but out by the airport the IndyGo public bus runs right past my hotel on Southern Ave. $1 each way for adults & $.50 for kids. Way cheaper than parking. They also said that they might try to get the airport hotels to set up a shuttle bus service. So, I'm checking back this week to see what'sup with that.

8. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
  9. JediRainer

JediRainer Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    My husband and I will be staying at the Motel 6 by the airport. We are renting a car from Thrifty. Our motel is about 7 miles from the convention center--Yahoo maps said it should take about 12 minutes. The bus would be a good idea except that we will be at the convention center until very late on both Friday (to watch TPM & ANH) and Saturday (to hopefully see the concert). We are hoping to find a good parking lot with a reasonable all day rate within walking distance of the CC.

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    We get into town on Thursday, and we're going to check the parking situation after dinner. But Saturday they have a mini marathon going right past the ConCenter, so I think the bus is going to be the best option, at least for Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.