main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania **OFFlCIAL : Across the Stars music clip and now Soundtrack thread!!!!***

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by tDR, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outback_dewback

outback_dewback Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2002
    I cannot believe I just sat through 2 hours of crappy pop crap only for it not to be on.

The only thing I did notice was that I can no longer tell the difference between all these talentless yet "pretty" pop stars - there are way too many of them now and they all look the same to me.

I hereby state that I will never watch Video Hits again ... what a load of crappy crap.

2. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Where is tDR? I've got a AK with his name on it :mad:

3. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    HE'S A CHANNEL 10 EMPLOYEE! GET HIM! :p

4. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Meh, I missed it. Big night last night.

But I'll up this so you can all get him.

5. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I had a big night last night too, but I dragged myself out of bed to see it anyways. Wasn't too pleased. [face_plain]

6. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    It's on the Official site today. Nice work, mate.

7. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Now I just have to find a bootleg, off a pirating I go....

note that sarcasm is present in this post

8. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    One bootleg copy of kazaa later...

Very nice clip, a few spoilers in it, a few characters i hadn't seen before, but it's looking very good

And I was delighted to see at 1:05 on the time that george does listen to B&M speakers, at about $50,000 bucks per speaker, ain't nuthin but the best :p

9. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Bah, stuff bootlegs, TOS and a copy of QT Pro.

10. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Or if you just want to listen to it, out of curiosity or whatever, you can listen to it online at the Sony Music site - they have a whole site devoted to SW music, and have a few of the tracks from the E2 soundtrack online to sample.

:D

11. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    It's to big to wait for it to load from the official site, i'd rather get it from some other place, even then it took 5 hours over dialup, yes i'm a devoted fan

12. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    It's only 19 odd megs. You should be able to get it in an hour and a half tops with a 56K modem.

It didn't really give too much more away. Just extensions on what we've seen with a more complete scene at the beginning with Obi-Wan.

I didn't like the medley of stuff too much at all either.

13. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Or you can just wait another week and um er ... buy it?

:eek:

14. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    You can buy a video clip?

15. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    OK, the soundtrack is out, I picked it up this morning. Can this thread just become the official thread for Aus Gen on the soundtrack? Shara, can you change the title or something as it's a bit off anyway?

I've only seen three of the five covers in all the shops too. The 'normal' one, Jango Fett and the Anakin/Padme one.

The thing is, don't look in the book if you're going unspoiled. It's kind of important and I've just become somewhat spoiled by something I wasn't really expecting. Needless to say, I won't be opening it again in case there are more pictures in there that will give stuff away. I was only warned before to not read the booklet, but I'd advise you against even opening it.

That said, there is a cool picture under the disk itself.

16. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Got mine today. They only had the Yoda cover, but it's good enough for me. Great little pic.

The third track is different to Williams normal style in parts, and I like it.

And I second what wedge said, DO NOT look inside the book, or for that matter, even the tracks has one that could be a spoiler depending on how hard-core you are.

17. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I bought mine on Monday... and it's GREAT! First time I heard an electric guitar in a John Williams piece :p And it came with a very cool poster :D

18. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Yeah, very cool. I like my Jango cover, even if I couldn't get Yoda. :D

I can't wait until the house is empty and I can put it in my stereo and hear it at full blast ;)

19. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    "And I was delighted to see at 1:05 on the time that george does listen to B&M speakers..."

You mean B&W speakers, mate. ;)

20. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    This is Tek we're talking about, that HAS to be a typo. :p

Man, if I had a lot of spare cash just lying around I'd be getting myself some of those speakers...of course, if I had spare cash lying around I would probably have spent it before even thinking of that.

:D

21. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Well, got my copy yesterday.

All they had was the Anakin/Padme and weirdo Yoda covers - and a few empty cases, surprise surprise.

And by the time I got around to actually buying it, someone had nabbed the Yoda one too.

Haven't listened to it yet, though. Was very busy last night. But I've heard some of it already at the Sony site.

And yes, by golly, there are some mighty spoilers in the booklet. Good grief! Lucky I am already 101% spoiled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.