main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Offspring of Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BigAl6ft6, Apr 9, 2014.

1. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Half human half force ghost ftw!

2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think if the rumor of a Kenobi in the ST is true, then it could be that MVS is playing Obi-Wan Kenobi's brother/relative and the Kenobi child is his granddaughter. I'm not saying I believe this, but that it sounds possible if the Kenobi talk is true. I read some speculation somewhere that MVS could be Obi-Wan's brother, and he does look similar to Alec Guiness. If Obi-Wan was supposed to be 55 or so in the OT, then maybe Obi-Wan's brother is about 80-85 in the ST. Isn't that MVS's age? It seems possible.

If all of that was true, I would hope we're getting an evil Obi-Wan brother. That would be a better part for MVS than just some friendly 80 something.

DarthPinoy likes this.
  3. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    But we all know that Obi-Wan's brother was Uncle Owen, right? ;) ;)

Echo Base, T-R-, Dak Oolron and 2 others like this.
  4. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    If Obi-wan had kids wouldn't he have been a bit of bad guy if he let Luke face Vader and the Emperor alone if he knew his kids were hanging around? I feel that would be kind of a selfish thing to do that I wouldn't expect from old him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dak Oolron and ChildOfWinds like this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He might not know he has kids. A "one night stand" is allowable for Jedi - it's only long-term attachments that are forbidden.

Darth_Corvus and Claire1976 like this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Players.

plaidphoenix and Dra--- like this.
  7. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    Oh god I wish there was a sarcasm font.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  8. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    *Sniffs* I smell a red herring or someone blowing something completely out of proportion, like a comment about someone being 'like' Obi-Wan being twisted into making him a relative.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  9. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    He found a slave/Orphan child with force powers and took her in, She was found by an inquisitor soon after Obi-wans death, Became a prisoner of the empire, Ends up under the control of Von sydow, Whom is Adam drivers characters father. Driver has been trained in the ways of the dark side, Is in love with Obi-wans "Daughter". After failing against Luke and his jedi, Returns to his father in anger and reveals that over the years hes been learning from a new master and guts his father and frees the girl and Plagueis walks out of the shadows saying "Good, Good"

She kills leia sometime after and Solo/Skywalker kids begin hunting them while luke trys to deal with Plagueis

Deal with it.

T-R- likes this.
  10. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    Grandson, son, daughter, etc. IT'S A VERY BAD IDEA.

T-R-, Dak Oolron, Ryus and 3 others like this.
  11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    God, let this rumor die a vicious death.

T-R-, Dak Oolron, Ryus and 2 others like this.
  12. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I would like to see where this rumor started. I think so called rumors, like this one, are often the musing of fanboys who get carried away.

13. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    Really? I would walk out the theater if this was the plot.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  14. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    lol, Like you haven't seen worse on here.

T-R- and DARTHSHAME like this.
  15. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    Well, you have a point LOL

16. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I absolutely hate the idea of any offspring, male or female, black or white, of Obi-Wan. That would be totally inconsistent with his character in Ep I-VI. I am going to be pissed if this happens.

ChildOfWinds and T-R- like this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    What a great surprise such a stinger will be...

[​IMG]
    "Obi Wan never told you what happened. He was a father".

BigAl6ft6, Dak Oolron, T-R- and 3 others like this.
  18. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I don't believe the rumor, but I still don't think it's necessarily a terrible idea. I could see the "explanation" scene playing out something like this:

Luke: "Obi-Wan is your father? But... he never told me had a daughter."

Daughter: "He never knew. He met my mother shortly after he arrived on Tattooine to deliver you to your uncle. She was having trouble with some local raiders, he helped her, and, well, it was a difficult time for both of them. I guess they found comfort in each other. It didn't last long. When my mother found out she was pregnant, she knew she had to leave. Obi-Wan was a Jedi, and that the empire could come looking for him at any time. So she sneaked away one night. Not for her own protection, you understand, but for mine."

Luke: "She should have told him! Obi-Wan would have helped."

Daughter: "But that's exactly why she didn't tell him. He was too kind. He would have felt obligated to her, and that would have jeopardized everything. So she caught passage on a transport to Mos Espa, and blended in with the locals. I was born a few months later. Obi-Wan never knew what happened to her, and since he was tasked with watching you, he couldn't come looking."

Luke: "I wish you'd known him."

Daughter: "Me too. She told me he was a great man, kind and wise. But this is the way it had to be."

19. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

I hadn't thought about that, but I really like the idea. It would certainly be an issue for LUke dealing with OBi-wans brother in that way (similar to hwo Zahn wanted him to deal with Obi-wans clone).

T-R- likes this.
  20. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

It wouldn't inconsistant at all.

T-R- likes this.
  21. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I've seen worse and I've heard rumors of worse (I'm thinking of you Arndt draft):D

22. locketcoket

locketcoket Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2014
    I've got a theory. No one ever said Obi-Wan didn't leave Tatooine. So maybe one day he went to Mandolare and discovered Christine Kryze was alive.(Kryze is a love interest for Obi-Wan in The Clone Wars.) They had an affair which made Krzye pregnant resulting in her son/daughter having a daughter.

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Her being alive would be difficult to justify, since Satine Kryze was rather spectacularly

stabbed to death by Darth Maul, in front of Obi-Wan.

24. Obill-Wan Cuppobi

Obill-Wan Cuppobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2014
    The above scenario between Luke and Obi Wan's daughter would probably be the only way I'd accept a Kenobi offspring. I don't think I could buy anything else.

Just...no Kenobis in the ST. Bear in mind, Obi Wan is my favorite character, aside from Han Solo, but please...no more of the Kenobi clan.

25. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Am I the only one who didn't read the damned script?

Force Smuggler likes this.