main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Oh bloody.... *Warning: Some may consider this spoiler, some may point and laugh*

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Mert_Skywalker, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I was just reading this thing on Techtv.com about this guy who has seen EPII without Lucasfilm's permission. He snuck into a screening.

Anyway, he said that there was only a glimmer of Jar Jar but that his character is very important to the plot.

Well bloody Hell...

I guess that means we will probably see the gungan in EPIII if he doesn't die an incredibally painful death as we all wish.

Well, just thought I'd crush down all your spirits with mine.

2. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    You're talking about THE Harry Knowles, the man who manages to see the prequels before they are released. He did not sneak into a screening, but he was handed an invitation to come to a hotel room to view it while he was at a book signing in Austin, TX.

He mentioned a scene where Jar Jar actually does something that maybe be considered funny. I don't know about you, but that doesn't affect me one bit. And if you are concerned about ruining the movie, killing Jar Jar off in a long, painful death scene will not help one bit.
    Seeing Jar Jar die would appeal to the ones who don't like Star Wars for what it is; they want to see a well-loved character die for no reason other than the fact that he was the comic relief in the trilogy.
    In case you didn't know, C-3PO was bashed for acting rather *ahem* iffeminite. Many homophobes wanted him bumped off in the 3rd film. But it's not going to happen.
    Imagine you realized Jar Jar was not so bad when you watched teh e. Now you watch the prequels and see a well done comic character who becomes a senator, then, in the third movie, seeing him get cut in pieces with a lightsaber. If you're like me, that not the best way to end a trilogy. Killing off a main character that people love,especially in a slow, painful way, it will be absolutely ruined.

Anyways, back on topic...
    There is so much more in the movie. Trust me, I've read his whole review and there is stuff there that is astonishing. There are connections to episode 4,5 and 6 that you could only dream of :D

3. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    What do you expect?? Obviously Jar Jar will be in Episode II, and not be killed. They obviuosly wouldn't just cut out such a major character. Jar Jar's screen time has been dratically reduced and his goofy personality has been changed for the better, even though there is a scene or two where he says something a little stupid. But just quit your whining and focus on the rest of the movie, which looks great.

4. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Amen (to Nick).....and
    Amen (to Graeme)!!!!!!!

5. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    now, boys-Mitch reminds me a little of Han-underneath a cynical exterior he has a good heart. : )

6. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    boys? BOYS?? BOYS???

Now you've done it...........oh boy [face_shocked]

7. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Jar Jar play somewhat of a part in a VERY important event in the movies. And it does't involve the words "Icky, icky goo!" or such. Rather, it is much more dark and more important. Harry Knowles himself said Attack of the Clones made The Phantom Menace a better movie. He also said one understands Jar Jar even more when you see Episode 2, so don't worry about Episode 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.