main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Oh Boys, wanna have some fun??? (PG)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jada_marnew, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    OK, men. Here is a tip from Jada.

Albertson's is having a great sale on roses -- $5.99 a dozen. Now, just imagine coming home with a dozen roses for your lovely. She will be overwhelmed with your thoughtfulness that she'll plant a big wet kiss on you and then you take it from there.

Yes, I am just one woman trying to improve the lives of those around her! :) [face_mischief]

2. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    You are so in trouble...

3. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    [face_mischief]

That's right . . . ante up!

I figure nobody's buying me any so I might as well spread the love to others . . . :D

EDIT: Besides, the JBS is gonna love me for this! [face_mischief]

4. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    ok trouble maker here....after working in a florist shop for a year can I just say there is nothing WORSE than red roses. I'd rather get a bouquet of dandilions. If you have to get roses, get any other color than red. red is sooooo boring!! I know there are women that will disagree, but...yuk. I HATE red roses. (part of this is due to working Valentines's Day by myself with a staff of temps! the horror!!!!) I really love roses, especially Columbian roses, they smell so pretty and lavonda and sterling are my favorite regular roses...mauve/pink and purple and they smell amazing! But I'd rather get regular flowers, anything really. Lilies, freesia, tuberose, daphne, tulips, iris, there really are so many other wonderful flowers....roses get all the glory. :p

5. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    PS, I'll take a dozen roses any color any day! I LOVE [face_love] ROSES! I have a rose garden and it is my joy!

6. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    yep you can have them. give me dandylions please. :p

7. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Zinnias and Gerber Daisies make a great statement! :D

But for me, Gardenias, Magnolias and Orchids are my favorite cut flowers... Their natural perfumes always make me smile :)

8. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    oooh zoo yes, yes! all those are great choices :D HOW could I forget Gerber daisies?? So colorful :D

9. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Besides roses, I LOVE Birds of Paradise. If done right in an arrangement, they look great.

10. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    I never liked tropical flowers. dunno why. just too exotic looking. orchids was the closest I got to anything like that.

11. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    We need more testosterone in here!

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I think they may be avoiding this thread on purpose... Maybe if you re-titled the thread to trick them into coming in here ;)

And princess I didn't even get into Orchid until I planted some Star Orchids on a dare and had them produce the first year... And every year after that!!! :eek: Last time I was there, they were finally starting to falter, but I think it's because they know I'm not there anymore ;)

Beautiful flowers... White base w/ a royal purple star patterning in the center... Not very big, but delicate and elegant :D I miss those flowers :( But not that house :p

13. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Notice that only one guy has made a brief comment in this thread yet? Maybe they are avoiding it? Selective vision and they don't see the title? LOL [face_laugh]

I can't remember the last time a guy gave me any kind of flowers *sigh* [face_plain]

14. KREATOR

KREATOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    Would love to give flowers to someone....but can't. ;)

No one to give them too :(

(had to add some testosterone in here...I've got plenty)

15. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I was on calls. Got a flower store right next to work. Just trying to figure out how to get them home, drive Mick's tiburon with one hand, and survive all at the same time :)

16. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Send them my way! There's nobody on the face of the earth right now who'd give me flowers so . . .

17. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    DH bought me some rose bushes, they ended up dying. But I knew I was in trouble when he bought them for me, I knew I was never getting another flower from him ever again.

I was wrong!!

18. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    I think I know where online to order the newly genetically created BLUE roses.

Would that do Princess?

They might cost like $200 a ROSE!
    Who knows.

19. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    ooh those orchids sound like the ones we use to use a lot for proms....

proms...blah. not gonna go there. mine sucked. waste of $$$ to go. grad party was fun though...ah sweet memories of youth... :p

OOH Blue roses!! SWEEEEEET. Like in Twin Peaks. :p I have a purple rose tattoo... :eek: did I admit that I have a tattoo????? time to revive the wild and crazy thread...:p

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Prom :eek: We won't go there.... You would never believe that's me in that dress... Not even in your worst nightmares... And sad part is... I came across that dress while cleaning out a closet last weekend :eek: :p [face_blush]

21. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Actually if you renamed this thread, "Everyone's naked in here" all the guys will be here in a snap.

I have a question, though. Do you know what the meaning of the color of the roses? I think red is for passion. I have someone who I might send or personally deliver to, and I want to convey the right message. Plus I have a friend who is laid up at home recovering from surgery, what flowers should she receive?

22. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I never even got to go to any of my Proms. :( (still somewhat better about that 26 years later) I always seemed to be breaking up with the guy I was dating not long before then. [face_plain]

Maybe that was the guys' plans, so that they wouldn't have to take me.
    ?[face_plain] :p

23. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    honestly, the color/meaning of roses went out the window ages ago with the whole anniversary gift/year etc. things..."back when mini pickles on toothpicks were the height of sophistication" :p But generally I think red roses are still considered love, etc. so if it's for a friend, maybe pink? or get creative....see what they have....we use to sell these gorgeous variegated Columbian ones that were orange with the tips lined in red/dk orange....they were beautiful...

OH AND as for proms...that happened at my school. HALF the guys broke up with long time gfs so they wouldn't have to pay for crap to go...so there were a TON of people there with friends, people they were fixed up with/people they didn't even KNOW, and a crap load of people went stag...including a bunch of the "popular" people I knew....Me, yeah well this RETARD bf I had at the time kinda did that to me as well, so I can relate....so I went just went with a good friend.

24. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    I think yellow roses are for friendship. Pink is romance. You can compromise and go with peach.

25. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    My ex-boyfriend gave me red and white carnations once... MY FAVORITE!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.