main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Oh crap, he's lost it."

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by BaronFel88, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    No, this isn't referring to George. :p

I love the expression on this one Rebel tech's face after Luke tells them everything's 'alright' after he turned off his targeting computer in ANH. He just drops his hand and seems to think ("This kid's lost it, we're screwed.") Considering almost no one was aware of Luke's sensitivity to the force (maybe Leia, because she knew Luke viewed Obi-Wan as a mentor), everyone must've thought they were done for.

2. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    did this really need it's own thread?

3. ZedIzDead

ZedIzDead Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2000
    Why not?

4. Qui-Gon-Drinkin

Qui-Gon-Drinkin Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2004
    I always thought that, too... that in reality, if he turned off his targeting computer, and then just shrugged it off, that any sane Rebel Commander on the other end of that commlink would immediately go into R. Lee Ermey mode and start screaming at Luke like a maniac.

5. BaronFel88

Jan 25, 2004
    did this really need it's own thread?

What, discussion of movie events that aren't redundant? :confused:

6. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Rise_Of_Thrawn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Very nice observation, Baron. :)

I agree with you here. I think they all "had a bad feeling about this" at that moment, because no one knew about Luke's heritage and they must have thought he was utterly insane for going in blind for the destroying shot.

I could imagine that some in the room may have even felt betrayal... that Luke wasn't really "in it for the Rebellion," but was secretly working for the Empire or something.

7. Orionsangel

Feb 11, 2004
    Okay, I think i'll make a topic like this,

Subject - Chewie's growl.

Anyone else notice how cool Chewie's growl is at the end of ANH? Okay discuss this topic now, enjoy.

8. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Rise_Of_Thrawn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    No, this thread actually has a meaning behind it, and discusses a very deep and potentially emotional moment. :)

9. skywalker19145

skywalker19145 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2004
    rather than insulting baron for thinking of something, may i suggest another strategy - ignore the thread and move on to something else.

with the constant insults and bashing, it's eventually going to stifle everyone's creativity. alot of people who have great ideas are not going to post anything for fear of reading negative replies.

yes, im a "newbie" but ive been reading these boards for the better part of three years and i only read the first page of every topic.

after the first few posts, i've noticed thats when the bashing and the bad-humor start rearing its ugly head.

baron, keep up the insightful posts. don't let anyone intimidate you from revealing your thoughts.

soap-box over.

now on to the expected-bashing of me.

10. Orionsangel

Feb 11, 2004
    TLJ Edit: Too far

11. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    We have mods for a reason. The statement above is true: If you don't like a thread, don't read it and especially don't post in it (and especially not three times just to have an argument) - it's the best way to let it die. Except if other people may enjoy it and the mods deem it worthy enough of a topic. We rarely lock threads pointing out little things.
    But you should know that, you're here for a few months now.

I never noticed him. Which one is it? I'll look out for him next time ;)

12. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    It's funny Dondonna didn't get on the comlink and start yelling at Luke to get with the program! Maybe they all had a "feeling" that Luke knew what he was doing?

13. DL2112

DL2112 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2004
    RE:eek:kay, I think i'll make a topic like this,

Subject - Chewie's growl.

smart ass!

14. Orionsangel

Feb 11, 2004
    I apologize to anyone I may have offended last night. I was in a bad mood. Sorry I shouldn't have let my personal feelings at home, come across on the board. I'm really not a mean guy. I like to crack jokes once in a while and it's true I can be a smartass at times, but normally I'm just like any of you guys. A huge Star Wars fan.

~Ryan

15. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    any sane Rebel Commander on the other end of that commlink would immediately go into R. Lee Ermey mode and start screaming at Luke like a maniac.

"Luke you've switched off your targeting computer. What is Your Major Malfunction!?!

I've always thought it was kind of odd too. The Rebel commanders just blindly trusted Luke. I guess there wasn't much else they could do though.

16. Jedi_Emilie

Jedi_Emilie Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2004
    I always think of this when watching the movie.
    It's a huge step for Luke deciding to rely on the Force like that and I find myself a little bit nervous every time -It'll better work or, as you put it; they're screwed. The rebels must be wondering what the hell he thinks he's doing.

Sorry if above made no sense, I'm tired and swedish....

17. skywalker19145

skywalker19145 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2004
    i apologize, too, if i came off too harsh. i didn't mean to "attack" you in any way, orion. it's just a few months of frustation boiled over last nite when i seen a curious topic's author get insulted like that.

maybe i took your post too seriously. i'm the same as you and everyone else here - a huge star wars fan.

18. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    ohhhh...isn't this sweet. Every one is apologizing. Hats of to you two for being mature.

I've noticed this before. I think its freaking funny.

dkt

19. BaronFel88

Jan 25, 2004
    TLJ, it's the guy on the right with the gray hair (when two techs are on screen). The exasperated look on his face is classic.

20. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I'm always noticed that guy, and I like it :D
    It's like "Oh my God, we've only got one chance left now...come on, boy...HE'S DONE WHAAAAAT?!"

21. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    Another "Oh crap, he's lost it" moment was in Jedi. When Piett is checking out the codes for Tyderium and Vader senses Luke.

Piett tells Vader he was about to clear them to leave and asks if he wants him to hold them and Vaders like:

"No leave them to me. I will deal with them myself."

Piett looks at him like he's retarded or something. I expected him to roll his eyes and be like "Whatever."

22. Darth_Arkie

Darth_Arkie Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2004
    Not entirely the same as the above examples but I know I always roll my eyes when at the beginning of ANH the gunnery officers fail to shoot the escape pod. I'm always like, "just blast it already, it will save a lot of grief later"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.