OH GOOD LORD

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by pacman, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [sarcasm]Gee Auntie, Ghost gets a get well from you and here, I just about became one with the Force, and no hi how are you? or welcome back Hmmmmmmmmm[/sarcasm] ;)
  2. FluukeStarbucker Jedi Padawan

I was jonesing all day to see it again, then I came home and fell asleep. I missed some parts that I read about after the fact. There were supposedly some millenium falcons on Naboo, like 3 of them. If that's true, that kinda bites. I thought the Falcon was one of a kind. Did anyone notice any tributes to Spielberg? I didn't see any. I have to see it 5 more times at least.

What feeling did everyone get from Ep.II. I was happy, but a bit saddened, because of all the foreshadowing. I thought it was much darker than I anticipated. At times, I lost my breath. Seeing the Lars homestead and knowing Luke's father had been there. Awesome. "Sometimes I think you'll be the death of me." Jango, oh man. Amazing film. I love the grainyness at the end with Darth Tyranus and Sidious. That reminded me of a bit of the background on Cloud City and the feeling of Empire. And another aspect of the movie that connected this film with the original trilogy was the music. There was music references to Ep. I and the original trilogy. Ok, I'm going to go buy tickets in the morning now. I need to see very soon. Anyone going tomorrow night at Arden, I would love to meet and chat with you fellow fans.
  3. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    i put up the pictures I took of the line at UA Olympus Pointe for the 12:01 showing. They are here. It is missing the end picture since I screwed up somehow and that shot didnt turn out. The pictures were taken around 5 or 6 in the evening. Suprisingly, the line didn't get much bigger than that. There were 3 other lines for a 12:02, 12:03, & 12:04 showing, but I didnt get any pictures of those . Anyways, I just wanted to throw thoughs up for anyone interested.
  4. Jeremyguy Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd imagine there are a lot of Falcon-looking ships around. It is a Corellian freighter, after all - just an especially souped-up, customized one. I didn't see any in the movie, though. Possibly I'll catch one in a later showing.

And seeing it in a digital theater sounds like a much better idea now that I've seen the movie. Elvish - call Vince or Victor and get your butt over to Olympus Point!

Yoda/Dooku - HOLY COW! Windu/Jango was cool, too. And the scenery was great, Portman was looking mighty nice, all-in-all a very cool experience. Some of the chemistry between Hayden and Natalie didn't quite sit right with me, but not all, and that's about the only criticism I have after my initial viewing.
  5. A1Alpha Jedi Knight

Yes I am finally back on the forums. I to saw it on the opening day. I suprised I am still alive after such a great movie. I am so happy that I stood in the line to get the tickets. If any of you saw me I was the guy in the full Jedi outfit.

P.S. Sorry I was not on the forums for a long time.
  6. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    O.K. after seeing it five times, (call me a freak) ;) it just got better with every showing! With no sleep for 48 hours I still wasn?t tired after the last film. I am very disappointed that the trial scene was deleted from the film, :( I feel it made for a poor transition and wood have explained more. Hope they put it back in the DVD.

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah-- I looked everywhere for you. Sithtwin was really hoping to meet you. It was a blast to hang out in line with Pacman, CaptainCrunch , Phijedi202, and 18 other friends! I showed up at 4:50 and got a great place in line. We took up the entire row of seating about five rows from the back in theater 4, and that baby was crying at one of the most important plot points in the movie!

LDV?you were missed!
  7. TK409 Jedi Knight

Hey, I stitched FN Clone's photos together into one long panorama - feel free to download it and save it for yourself FN Clone! :)
    The Olympus Pointe Line Photo

I saw the movie last night at Olympus Point - I loved it! I can't wait to see it again. The whole crowd roared for Yoda. I only wish the Tusken Raiders would've had more screen time and Yoda's duel was longer!

Sorry I couldn't make it to the Midnight showing - sounds like you guys had fun!
  8. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    TK409, thanks for doing that man. I was thinking about doing it but it was 1:40 in the morning so I just through them up there. It looks good though, thanks again.
  9. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    crutag - I broke down, doubled up on my pain meds, and went to the 12:40PM showing here in town. The pain meds kicked in just at the right time, so I was able to tolerate the seat. All I can say is WOW. Yoda is Da Man! Even the story itself was very good, I was impressed. Although, the Tusken Raider camp scene is not like you and I talked about outside the S - Factory that one night, I kinda wished it would have been, but damn, I will be seeing it tomorrow as long as the meds hold up.
  10. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    LDV--
    Dooku, didn?t kill any of the Jedi, and actually had a look of remorse on his face after taking care of business with Anakin. Mace even said it was not in his character. I think he will be a pivotal figure in episode three. If Dooku can take Kenobi as we see in AOTC and Kenobi takes out Anakin in episode 3, who will take out Dooku? Palpatine is a wild card, and when Dooku finds out that Sidious and Palpatine are the same people or are in league with each other, Dooku will try to stop them. Just some food for thought.
  11. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    crutag, I was thinking that Anakin might take out dooku. My reasoning for this is b/c in ROTJ, the emperor tried to get Luke to release his anger and kill Vader. In the same way sidious might get Anakin to release his anger on dooku and kill him. In doing so he would take dooku's place under sidious. Hopefully you get what i'm saying, this is just what popped into my head after reading your post.
  12. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Crutag -

Dooku will be taken out by Anakin in Ep3 sealing his journey to the Dark Side. It will be staged by Sidious. Sidious will be pleased as was Palpatine when Luke had Vader on the ground. But this time Anakin will kill Dooku.

What gets me was why did Dooku tell Kenobi that the head of the Senate was a Sith? Wasn't that betraying his master? Or was he trying to get Kenobi to turn to the Dark Side? Hmmmmmmm interesting.
  13. Elvish_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    holy..... wow. that was great. i saw it at UAOP, the 1250 showing. i'm even seeing it again tomorrow mornin' at 1030. oh man, it was impressive. it was fun seein' yoda bust it out with that lightsaber!
  14. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cool Elvish - I am getting up at 9am and seeing it with my niece and nephew tomorrow morning at 9:30AM. Heh heh heh
  15. Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    bigdigs266... I didn't know you got a piece of the beach ball?! Yea, that was fun. Sorry if we were being too loud, the guys next to me really got me worked up.
  16. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OH LDV! You know I care! I'm so glad you made it to the movie! I'm sure you were dying to get there!

Here's my theory on Dooku, a.ka. Dooku is good. I have felt it:

Dooku isn't really bad. Like his Padawan Qui Gon, he plays by his own rules. He's not afraid of going his own path away from the Council, if it's for the greater good. He could have killed Anakin and Obi Wan before Yoda showed up, but he didn't. He warned Anakin about Palpatine, in so many words. Yoda didn't say Dooku was a part of the darkside, which is obvious for a "bad guy." Yoda just said he "fears" Dooku may be won over by the darkside. It's not clear to Yoda that he's totally evil and a dark lord. I think Sidious knows Dooku isn't won over completely to the darkside. At some point Dooku will try and stop Anakin, and Anakin will kill him. Okay, that's my theory.

17. PowerOfTheDarkside Jedi Padawan

Now after two viewings, I can decisively say that this is one of the coolest movies ever made. George Lucas is a genius.I can't wait to see it again. Attack of the Clones rocks!!!
  18. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great theories about Dooku and Sidius. I think I need to see Ep2 at least 5 more times to make my own theory ;)

We had beachballs here too, but they got confiscated by security within 5 minutes. Sad really, they let us into the theater about 45 minutes too early, didn;t they know that was asking for trouble? A couple of people got their inflatable lightsabers taken away too, ahh well..my group was fairly conservative. No lightsaber battles for us. (My blackbelt karate-fencing-Jedi friend would have killed us all anyways)

I'm not crazy...really I'm not :)
  19. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Myself I think Dooku is misguided but he is bad, But Sidious knows he's weak (not full on evil) and he knows Anakin isn't So I can see the power struggle coming.

SPOILER BELOW (JUST IN CASE)

My question is this Diminished Connection to the force (did you guys catch that?)

Anakin is suppoe to bring "balance" to the force....so what's out of wack?

And

I think Yoda could kick Mauls Arse...he is the Master.

As far as hidden stuff.
    If you look below on the chase I found an x-wing flying (it's really fast)

On the lift when you first see Ani and Obi when they are walking out you can see Vader's face reflected in the glass.

I saw one of the Falcons (when they land at Naboo look on the far left of the screen.

And Just before Anakin takes off to find his mom his shadow turns into vader against. Really really.

One thing I can't find is 1138 in the film anywhere (yet)

I think his tribute to Steven is the clone battle takes onsome Saving Private Ryan styles. (but maybe that's just me)

20. phijedi202 Jedi Padawan

Yeah, it was really cool to meet Curtag and the Captain. The laptop sure did help pass the time. Anyways, i have no idea why I havn't seen this movie again, yet. I keep planning on it, but something pops up. Today i have to do it, but I think i'm going to go up to Roseville to see it in THX. What do you guys think? Is it any better on THX? Oh yeah, don't forget, Sprite always wins.
  21. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok I just got back from seeing it again (second time).

But the $1,000,000.00 question is:

Did anyone see any of the boys from Nsync??? [face_laugh]

Also, did anyone see Ammed Best, Anthony Daniels and two of Lucas's kids in the movie? Here's a hint to Lucas's kids: The oldest (a girl) plays a Twi'lek, and his son plays a young Padawan. As for Ammed and Anthony, well you will just have to have drink with Obi Wan. ;)
  22. Elvish_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    wow, this movie is amazing, and better the second time around. i still need to see it again, though. this time, i was gettin' kinda excited and yelled "yeah Lucas!!" when the shiny Lucasfilm thingy came on... it was fun!
  23. pacman Jedi Knight

star 1
    sacul, i think i can answer your question about the un-balance of the force. I've been thinking about this one since Phantom and I think i have a good answer.

One would think that a perfect balance of the force requires elements of both good and evil, but this is quite the contrary in this galaxy far far away. The Sith are like a deadly toxin and they throw the universe kinda out of alignment. The jedi prophecy states that anakin will bring balance back to the force, so that means he has to get rid of the toxin (the sith), which he in fact does in Return of the Jedi by destroying the emperor and then dying himself.

Now as far as their diminished ability to use the force......I'm still thinking about that one. Could be that the sith are acting like a parasite or virus, sucking the life out of the force, which in turns effects anyone who is force sensitive. I have a funny feeling this issue will be brought up again, if not a central theme, in Ep.3

Just my two cents :)
  24. A1Alpha Jedi Knight

Pacmanthat is what I always thought was the explination to the bringing of balance to the force. I came together with my High Schools Star Wars Club and the discusion about the topic and it went on for two and a half months. It was crazy but cool.

So yes by killing the Emperor he brings order the to force for he has destroyed the lord of the sith.
  25. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh come on! You mean no one else saw Ammed Best and Anthony Daniels, or the kids? Hmmmmmmmm A shroud of the dark side vailed over everyones powers of the Force I fear.

Crutag, sacul-1138 - please tell me you two saw the characters?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.