main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph (Oh Hell No) Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Discussion in 'Community' started by DantheJedi, Mar 18, 2012.

1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    The design of the turtles themselves are alright, but the faces are pretty horrific.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Shredder working with April's father to intentionally make the Turtles is the dumbest ****ing thing ever. That said, looking beyond that this actually doesn't look that bad. Mikey's joke at the end is in line with the Turtles. White washing aside, Fitchner is Fitchner so that's a plus. The faces look a bit odd and it's Megan Fox as April, but not outright horrible.

3. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Turtles look way better in action than I expected. Still has the curse of m bay over it.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Looks terrible TBH

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Dammit Fichtner, you're better than this.

I mean, not a lot better, but better.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No he's awesome. This just looks like crap.

7. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    The trailer was brief, but Mikey's joke about the mask made it memorable. I'm still not a fan of the Turtles being so huge, though; it makes them harder to relate to as characters. Besides, how could something that bulky leap across rooftops, or move quickly in combat? They're supposed to be ninjas, not sumo wrestlers.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I agree; I meant more in the sense that some of his previous projects have set his entry criterion kind of low. VAing for Cawwadooty comes to mind.

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Can I just say, the Turtles' live action film where they went back in time to feudal Japan, was awesome.

And on a comic book / graphic novel note, since I love crossovers, when they worked with Cererbus the Aardvark, I enjoyed that too.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  10. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    Yeah, people seem divided on which live-action sequel to the 1990 original was worse, but I like all of them...even the 2007 CGI version. The only thing that has me worried is Michael Bay's involvement; I'm just happy he's not directing it.

11. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Wait a minute...I thought the big controversy a few months ago was that the Turtles were going to be extraterrestrials in this adaptation? What happened to that?

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Maybe the ooze comes from outerspace?

EDIT:

At the 40-41 second mark it looks like we are back to TCRI instead of the 2nd movie's TGRI.
    http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/T.C.R.I.

T.C.R.I, Techno - Cosmic Research Institute, is a scientific corporation/organization with a large, mysterious and imposing facility in Brooklyn, New York. Though little is known of the ongoings inside the building, their organization's acronym was printed upon the canister of mutagen which transformed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Splinter. The facility is, in actuality, the secret terrestrial base of a race of aliens called Utroms who had crashed on the planet Earth sometime in the 1960s.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I seem to recall them saying they were dropping that angle.

14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  15. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Mmmmm...........maybe. I have several gripes.

1. The Turtles are too tall.
    2.Apparently, no Splinter. That's potentially a deal breaker.[face_shame_on_you]
    3.Shredder is not Japanese, also a potential deal breaker.[face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you]
    4. Changing the Turtles' backstory, another potential deal breaker.[face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you]

16. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Do 3 potential dealbreakers equal one dealbreaker?

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

They clarified that the ooze comes from space, not the turtles themselves.

Moviefan2k4 likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It looks... decent. Not horrible, besides Fox as April, but decent. Of course, I do tend to enjoy Bay films more than most. IDK, we'll see.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I keep thinking you guys are saying "Fincher", and then I realize how awesome it could be if David Fincher did a TMNT film.

Saintheart likes this.
  20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Honestly, the whole thing looks so bad I don't have time to complain about a non-Japanese guy playing Shredder.

And Splinter will be April's mutated father most likely, otherwise why drop that tidbit into the trailer...

21. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    Screenwriter Andrew Nemec said Splinter is in the film; he's just not in the trailer.

22. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Wow, that looks like utter crap and I like TMNT!

23. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Trailer looks good. Don't mind them changing the origin. The ugliness of the turtles is acceptable IMO since they are mutants. The only thing I'm worried about is whether or not they're completely ditching Splinter but it's still too early to tell.

24. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Mutant doesn't equal ugly. I don't like it at all because it doesn't look the slightest bit feasible and I worry for Splinter too. He has always been my fave.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm telling you, with the level of stupidity on display in this trailer, the fact that they do NOT show Splinter (who is in the film) and they DO name drop April's father (who worked on the Turtles with Shredder)... they are probably the same thing.