main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Anaokar, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anaokar

Anaokar Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2010
    I can't hold it in anymore, I have to speak up.

I can't believe what I've read on this site the past few days. On one side, you have the purists, who revere the original trilogy as gospel and consider it blasphemy to want to reimagine it. Then, you have those who love the prequels if for nothing more than the fact that it's shiny and new - ignore the fact that there's no story. But I suppose that doesn't matter since many people today don't have an intelligence of grasping anything more complicated than the sensationalism of reality tv.

I came here to find intelligent people, and I did, but they are sorely outnumbered by pseudo intellectuals. I suppose I should be thanking you, since I was ready to make a huge mistake. I was so close to committing a huge chunk of my life and an even larger sum of cash to an animated retelling of the star wars saga, but now I've come to realize something - you people don't deserve it.

You complain about every aspect of the franchise, chastise the one guy who made it a reality, and whine all the way to the store to shell out more money for something you claim to hate. No wonder Lucas can do whatever he wants and still make money. All you do is complain, and then pay for the umpteenth version of the same film because it has 5 extra seconds of footage.

It's a story! It's fantasy! It has no basis in reality! I just wanted to do something for the fans, something new, something with heart. But why should I? You'll all just pick at it like buzzards in the desert. There was a time when Star Wars brought out the good in everyone, but those days are gone.

Sci-Fi fans have got to be some of the whiniest people in the world. I have a feeling you people will never be happy with anything.

Incidentally, THAT leads to the dark side.

2. only one kenobi

only one kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2012
    Whining leads to the Darkside? Really? And what is this thread, the OP, if not.... never mind.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I whine sometimes. Guess that makes me a Sith lord. Watch out everyone!

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  4. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    If you're going to dedicate a huge chunk of time and cash to a passion project, don't let it be a fanfilm that you're never going to make money back on. Let it be something original that you can really make a mark with.

Just thought I'd say that before this thread is locked.

5. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
  6. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    So... you're complaining about people complaining?

7. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    I can't tell if it's complaining about people who complain about SW, or people who like the parts of it he doesn't. Which is fine and of itself-- a plague on both your houses-- but there's better places for it.

BoromirsFan and ILNP like this.
  8. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Give me a ******* break.:rolleyes:

BoromirsFan and ILNP like this.
  9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Strike us down with all of your 'fan'boy hatred, and your journey to the dark side will be complete!

Jarren_Lee-Saber and BoromirsFan like this.
  10. Anaokar

Anaokar Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2010
    You people are pathetic. I hope Disney takes all your money and the original trilogy is burned to a cinder. <grin>

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  11. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
  12. only one kenobi

only one kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2012
    "All comments welcome, but please, lets keep it civil, ok?"

Wasn't it you who said this? yes. Yes, I believe it was. Troll. Bye.

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Annd lock.

BoromirsFan, Game3525 and Yunners like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.