main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Oh, I can't bear to watch!"

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jedi_master_ousley, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I bet pretty much any guy here certainly could. It's obvious that he was gonna make Leia change into the bikini right then. I'm sure 3PO was the only "thing" there that "couldn't bear to watch."

Alright, I haven't made a humor topic in a long time, so here it is. ;) :p

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I just think it's interesting that right now we have two threads back-to-back to discuss two lines that are back-to-back: "I can't bear to watch" and Salacious Crumb's cryptic take on the situation.

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. Old_Brown_Shoe

Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Threepio's just uptight. :p

4. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    According to "The Band's Tale" in TALES FROM JABBA'S PALACE, after Threepio turns away, Leia is stripped naked of her Boussh disguise and forced to stand in embarrasment before Jabba's court for a moment until she's given the slave girl outfit to put on. Too bad we couldn't have seen that in the film. :D :p

5. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    Sounds really good to me! :D [face_mischief] Oh why did GL have to cut that scene?! :_|

6. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    That would have made the movie R18+, and no kid would have been able to watch it, and lots of us wouldn't be here 8-}

7. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Well that tongue of his was certainly getting excited, seemed like he was getting amorous to me. That's a picture you don't want to see. :p
    For all we know - he might have taken her out for dinner, shown her a good time. He has no pretensions, he likes food ,obviously has a good taste in women's clothes, likes life. (altho his taste in music is pretty bad!)

I always wonder if Leia kept the outfit - poor Han never really got to see it.

g

8. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    *orders Tales from Jabba's Palace*

9. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    I always wonder if Leia kept the outfit - poor Han never really got to see it.

You know, it's funny you should mention that. In the ROTJ radio drama, there's a scene in the Falcon's cockpit as they're leaving Tatooine behind, and Han makes some kind of comment that she should consider keeping the outfit. I don't remember the exact wording, and I'm too lazy right now to put the CD in and skip to it, but he says something about it. And moments later, when she says she's going to go change and cover up, Lando says, "A crime against art." :D

I think she probably kept it and surprised Han with it on their honeymoon. "Oh, Haaa-aaan." :p

10. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    I wonder if there's a comic "strip" version of Tales from Jabba's Palace? [face_laugh] [face_mischief] I'll buy it! I'll buy it! :D *tongue hangs on the floor*

11. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Spacehunter: I think Han says "You gonna throw that away?" and Leia answers "We´ll see" :)

12. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    HaHa! Good thread. :D I always wondered what Jabba did to Leia right after threepio spoke that line. At least he didn't strip her and then lick her all over. :eek: That's what it looked like he wanted to do, with that whole frisky tounge thing and all.

13. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    Why not lick her all over?! I would have! [face_devil]

14. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    LMAO!!

Lars_Muul - Yeah, that's it.

15. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003

I always thought ROTJ should have been rated PG-13.

16. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    Whenever I see Carrie Fisher in that slave girl outfit I can't help thinking of lolly pops! I can't imagine why?! ?[face_plain] [face_mischief]

17. isbagent1

isbagent1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2003
    Hm. If ROTJ was PG-13, Lucas would have had a lot more "freedoms" for that scene to do what he wanted...

Wait a minute! Jabba just happened to have a metal bikini that was Carrie Fisher's size?

Oh well, I'm not complaining.

18. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    Wouldn't it have been better if Carrie Fisher had got Oola's net outfit? :D *tongue drags along the ground!*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.