main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oh my God, they stole Threepio!!!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Joeykin_Starrunner, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Anakin made 3-PO for his mother, when she died, of course they would give him the protocol droid.

Seems pretty striaght forward to me.

2. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999
    Why does everybody assume Vader didn't notice 3PO in the one scene they share (ESB) What do you want Vader to do? Forget everything thats going on and run up to 3PO and greet him warmly? He tells Lando he wants the Princess and Wookiee taken to his ship, so 3PO would have gone with them-After he had frozen Luke and taken care of buisness, how do you know he wasn't intending to take time out to catch up with 3PO?

Yeah, I think Vader see's 3PO & wonders "is that really C3PO, I'd like to find out...", hence him stopping Fett from blowing him to (more) pieces.

I don't think he stopped Fett from shooting because he thought "oh, looks there's 3PO, I built him so no one's going to shoot him!"

Oh come on! Joeykin is right. You guys act like Lucas had this whole thing mapped out and are seeing and interpreting things that are not there.
    Lucas himself said that he came up with the idea when writing TPM (I would find the quote if I had any idea where to start looking. May be on the commentary).

For you lot to then say "oh, thats why Vader stopped Fett from shooting him" is ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.