main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Oh my God

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediScout, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Channel 6 news just said that the new name of the next Star Wars movie is....

Birth of the Empire!

Is it true?

2. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Um, no.

Well, at least, I hope not. Dawn of Tyranny sounds better. But BOTE is better than The Creeping Fear. All I know is that there hasn't been an official annoucement yet, so don't believe everything you hear.

L8r

3. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    The news channel said that it was now offical. That it was released today. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Dale

4. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    I have to admit it does sound very George Lukas like.

jedigirl99

5. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I think, if it were official, it'd make front page of TF.N. All they've had is disclaimers that it's a speculative title.

Dana

6. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    If an official announcement were made, not only would it be splashed all over TFN and the JC, but the Official Site as well. There's nothing like that anywhere. Someone at the station probably read the TFN story and took it as fact so they could scoop everyone else. Happens all the time.

Besides which, I'm still hoping for Star Wars Episdoe III: The Smell of Fear. :p

L8r

7. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I didn't see the newscast, but I agree- StarWars.com exists for such news. If they aren't plastering the press release all over their site, and as of this writing they are not, then it's not official.

Not that it would bother me. I'm the only person in the Orlando System that not only likes BotE, but also admits it. -Campbell

8. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah, but in my eyes, the Empire was born at the end of AOTC, so the title wouldn't make any sense for E3. :p

L8r

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    So how would you feel about the old rumored title popular in the 90s for e3- RISE OF THE EMPIRE? I like that one and always have. But I still think Lucas will come up with something none of us have thought up or leaked yet.

10. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    aaron just told me at lunch that he read online it was a hoax

11. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I just read on this pad of paper that it is official! The title is Birth of da Empire. I'm amazed Lucas decided to use "da" instead of the more commonly accepted "the."

12. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Don't you mean Birf of da Umpire?

[face_laugh]

L8r

13. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I think STAR WARS GANGSTA RAP would be way more original. It's good to see ebonics coming into our geeky world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.