main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Oh My God!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by brook_33, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I've got it! It finally hit me after this showing!

The reason the Jedi could not forsee the big disaster with Palpatine:

Jedi are one with the Force, they let it use them to be(unlike the sith who turn around and USE the Force.). It was in the will of the Force that Anakin must go through those trials to fullfill his calling, the prophecy. If the Jedi could forsee they would try to stop him, so in being one with the Force they were blinded for their own good, the WILL of the Force. In doing so the prophecy was fullfilled when Anakin had become the right person to destroy the sith for good.

And on the topic of ROTS:
    Who was that working on the ship just before Padme left for Mustafar?(can't spell)
    There is someone UNDER her ship, fixing something.

2. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    That was just Obi-Wan hiding from them? Unless you're seeing something that I'm not. I would have to see it again, it's been about 5 days so I can't remember.

Nice theory aout the force, when I am awake enough to understand what you just posted, I'll read it again.

3. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    No, Obi-Wan entered the ship from the LEFT if I remember correctly. He did a force jump just before the hatch closed. But there was a guy UNDER the ship on the RIGHT hand side with a torch or something working on the ship itself. I just don't know WHO it is.

I promised myself that I can only be on here as long as it takes me to eat lunch, because I REALLY need to do homework. lol

4. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I'll have to check it out then, Don't know when, but hopefullt soon.

5. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    You know what, I realized there was a line that ONLY got said on the very first showing of ROTS. When Anakin is choking Padme Obi-Wan is like "That's a girl Anakin." (along with his other lines.) But I've NEVER heard him say that again!

6. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I didn't notice it, but then again, you know I'm not the most observant person.

Well, my parents saw it yesterday without me :(. They really liked it. My mom felt sorry for Anakin up until he killed all of the younglings. That is retty much all they said about it.

7. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Lol, and you just proved your point by posting the same exact thing you did a couple days agao....or was it yesterday.

8. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I forget, by the way, whose wedding did you go to yesterday? Was it a freind or a family member :)

9. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    "That's a girl Anakin" ??? i never heard that

10. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    He DID say it. Kinda like how they changed the lines in AOTC during the arena scene.

11. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    What lines did they change in AOTC? I forget.

12. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    It was a while ago, lets see if I remember.

Dialog number 1:

Obi-Wan- You take that one, and I'll take the one on the left.
    Anakin- What about Padme?
    Obi- She seems to be on top of things.

Dialog number 2:

Obi- Just relax, concentrate.
    Anakin- What about Padme?
    Obi- she seems to be on top of things.

13. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Do you know if they changed it in the theater or was it a DVD change? I remeber hearing that when TPM came out to theaters, there were some prints of it where Dart Mual isn't cut in half, he is still whole.

14. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I'm not quite sure. I know for sure it was a theater change. But I also think I might remember some DVD's having various dialog changes from that scene.

15. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Yeah, I don't remember that at all.

16. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    "He DID say it. Kinda like how they changed the lines in AOTC during the arena scene."

haha, no he didn't say that. Trust me, the print doesn't magically change. I've seen the movie 16 times now including the charity screening, midnight, opening day shows, etc. That wasn't a line that was ever spoken ;)

But I do remember with TPM one time thinking something was different, because the more times you see something, sometimes you just have a processing / memory error and it just seems to be different. I've had it happen.

17. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Well I finally saw the guys undernieth Padme's ship. There are 2 of them , but you can really only see one, they are oth fixing/looking at the landing gears.

18. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    Great thread guys!

I saw Episode III for the 11th time last night. There's a theater here in Pierce County, WA that is still showing it! I may see it again next week if it's still around.

Man, this movie gets better every time.

Why I think it's so good is because it's so tragic:

"You were my brother, Anakin...I loved you."

Did you get "choked up" when you saw the look in Anakin's eyes (before he said, "I hate you!" ); he was as if he knew he messed up and he was pleading with Obi-wan to help him. :_|

How did you like John William's "Battle of the Heroes?" So powerful!

Each time I see it, I notice more details. George Lucas and the folks at LFL are geniuses!

19. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    FINALLY, someone posted besides me. I agree its a tragic and powerful film. I want to see it atleast 2 more times but I dont know if I will beable to or not. The soundtrack is amazing, my favorite one out of all of the PT films All of it is great

20. brook_33

Dec 30, 2003
    the sound track is pretty sad (emotionally) compared to the other films. not a lot of action music, aside from battle of the heros, the opening space fight, and track 5 (grievous or utapau music).

21. CoolHanLuke

Oct 19, 2004
    Good to talk with you guys again, Atticus! [face_cowboy]

What do you think Obi-wan was thinking about when he "stowed away" on Padme's ship (on their way to Mustafar)?

I mean, the sober look on his face (right before he "force" closed that door) told me he was deep in thought about what would happen when he saw Anakin. He knew he was going to have to confront him, but still, "He is like my brother...I cannot do it."

And the other look he gives Padme when she says to him, "You're going to kill him, aren't you?" I felt so crushed...I was like, "Oh, man." :_|

22. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Well its nice to see you back.

Yeah, Obi was definatley conflicted when he was on the ship, didnt know if he could do it. Then Im sure once he saw what Anakin had turned into it was a little easier to do it. I mean watching your best freind choke his wife and then talking about being an evil dictator would make it alittle bit easier to confront him.

23. brook_33

Dec 30, 2003
    What was Obi-wan thinking when he stowed away on Padme's ship?

"Did I leave the oven on?"

24. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
  25. CoolHanLuke

Oct 19, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.