main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OH MY....Look at this if you want a shock about Dark Journey, I found it on Barnes And Noble!!! (sp)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Simone, Aug 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simone

Simone Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    I just found out that a summary of Dark Journies was put up on barnes and nobles,

Star Wars: The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey (Feb., $6.99) by Elaine Cunningham. After a deep personal loss, Jaina Solo is determined to take her revenge on the Yuuzhan Vong.

2. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    hopefully that means after she gets 2gether with kyp he and jacen get killed in an attempt to spy on the Yuuzhan Vong's most recent victim, Coruscant

3. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Can you give us a link???

4. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    yes a that point 2 likeminded individuals,oh yeah kyp destroyed an entire soler system for revenge. if they got together it would be a short relathionship because it would be a relation of dependace, they don't last very long.

5. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Yeah yeah yeah that's a few days old, I posted it on a SBS thread to add to the spec on who might die... obviously it's someone close to Jaina.
    And it's actually from Publisher's Weekly website, not B&N.

6. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Ok, so this adds fuel to the speculation fire. Who do we know close to Jaina?

1) Anakin
    2) Jacen
    3) Leia
    4) Han
    5) Threepio
    6) Mara
    7) Luke
    8) Kam (possibly)
    9) Tionne (possibly)
    10) Corran Horn (possibly)

So, out of all those, who will it be? Any speculation? If I had to formulate a guess, I would definitely say Jacen. Of course, that could be my natural dislike for Jacen's character talking, but it just seems the most sensible at this point. He really has added very little to the NJO as a whole, and I get the feeling that the general public wouldn't really miss him all that much. The other possibility is Mara, considering certain events taking place in Rebirth. What do you all think?

JMA

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    "After a deep personal loss"

Re-read the phrase more carefully. That does not mean someone is going to die. Jaina could have lost something else other then a family member. She could have lost a limb, or perhaps the ability to fly.

8. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    It makes more sense if the personal loss was a person she loves, after all, with all these rumours of someone dying in SBS, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the breaking point for her.

9. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I like the theory about it not being a family member. We've heard all sorts of speculation about some Solo dying, but I'd like it much better if it were a deeper psycyhological thing. Of course, we can't count on Del Rey to make anything deep or psychological anymore, so I'm not holding my breath.

But if anyone dies, and that's the "deep personal loss," it should be Jacen. It's just his time to go. ;)

10. DarthDave

DarthDave Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2000
    I don't think it will be Jacen. If you go way back in Zahn's The Last Command, when Leia is giving birth to the twins, I believe Leia has a jedi vision of Jacen and Jaina growing in the force after Leia and Han die. So unless Del Rey forgot about this or as the future is always in motion, Jacen will most likely not die

11. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Always in motion the future is" -yoda

You can't go by visions alone.

12. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    People, people. Look at the title of the book.

What did you think it was going to be about? Jania romping around saving baby Ewoks from danger and hanging out at the mall?

13. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I still think it's too early for Jacen to go. Personally, I'm leaning toward Corran, although I hope it dosen't happen...

14. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    hmm, doesn't actually say jacen dies. Maybe he's just captured and tortured so jaina get's kyp to help her as "payback."

I've got such a one track mind.

15. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    I think Coruscant is blown to smithereens and perhaps Zekk and the old guy are killed, along with Jaina's home planet being destroyed. That would do it for me.

Or perhaps someone from Rogue squadron bites the dust.

16. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Maybe Crystal is destroyed...

17. mena_lyn

mena_lyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2001
    Noooooo....not Coruscant.....

18. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Ya never know, Qui Gon Jinn might just be the next one to go...

19. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Hmmm, here's something I just thought of: On the back cover of Star by Star Leia is shown weilding her red lightsaber. Now, what would cause her to do that after all those years of NOT using it? And at the same time would affect Jaina "deeply"? You got! Han biting it at the hands of the YV! First Chewie and then Han. That would be enough to cause both women to just about go to the darkside.

Just speculation on my part. I guess we'll have to wait until about a week before the release for those lucky people that find the book early to come here and spoil us rotten. <eg>

20. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Following in the footsteps of her idol, the Queen of Infinite Shallowness, Mara Jade - Jaina's "deep, personal loss ends up being her ship - which pushes her over to the Dark Side. Then, destroying her new Dark Side ship redeems her and forgives everyhting she did while evil.

It's as clear as day. :D

21. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    maybe Mara dies? I mean, in Rebirth, Kyp asks Jaina to be his apprentice. I doubt they'd have just thrown that in

22. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Don't forget this is Kyp we're talking about. He's always been manipulative.

23. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    always? I think not. NJO, possibly, but not before.

And still, it must be something important. I think it'll find relevence in Dark Journey

24. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    The question is - do you think he was being manipulative about that? I actually gave Kyp credit on that one. I think he was serious to have wanted her as his apprentice for no selfish reason other than training a strong Jedi according to his valid Jedi beliefs. He is a New Jedi Master, after all. I seem to think he earned it - well at least earned it more than Mara did, which isn't saying much.

But, I admit, I'm not Kyp's biggest fan by large margin and probably don't have the best insight on his character.

25. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Even going back to the JAT, Exar Kun and Kyp were in a symbiotic relationship of mutual manipulation. In Simple Tricks, Kyp was manipulating Fen to do something he didn't have the guts to do. In Rebirth, Kyp made use of Jaina's influence in Rogue Squadron for the purpose of destroying the ship womb. His offer to train her isn't being manipulative, but yet it is. Kyp is right in saying they have a lot in common, but that also doesn't mean that he wants to train her without receiving any form of reciprocity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.