OH MY....Look at this if you want a shock about Dark Journey, I found it on Barnes And Noble!!! (sp)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Simone, Aug 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanos_fel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Darth Tuna got it. Zekk has been out of the picture for a while, and they'll bring him back just to kill him off. They did it with Dorsk 82, they'll do it again!
  2. Dodonna Jedi Padawan

All this talk about Kyp, and I don't think anyone's mentioned the fact that it could be him. What if the much speculated romance between Kyp and Jaina starts, then Kyp is killed by the Vong. I think that'd qualify as a "deep personal loss."
  3. jade-sabre Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can't wait till Jaina gets the spotlight in this book. I think she has quite a lot of potential as a female Jedi hero. Stuff we have seen much of. I really enjoyed her role in Rebirth. I think Elaine will do a very good job and she will emerge as the most interesting of the 3 Solo kids, especially since Jacen and Anakin still seem about the same before and after there spotlight novels.
  4. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    And what about...

Jaina's lightsaber ???

Huh, don't you think she'd be angry if a Vong destroyed her lightsaber ?
  5. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  6. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Yaaaaaaaooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuchhhh !!!
  7. I-poodoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I think GAW is correct.

About who will be the "Deep personal loss" to Jaina, I think if she and Jag hook up in SBS then he dies at the end...it would lead to that in DJ.

Wasn't the info about an SBS death that one of the big three (Luke, Leia, and Han) was gonna die.

I've been having this terrifying suspicion that Luke is the one out of the big three that's going to get the Chewie-treatment.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS
    Think about it. The Vong unleash a Jedi hunting monster and Luke is a Jedi master, and one of the big three.

PLEASE I beg someone to say I'm wrong, and that not one of the main characters die in SBS. PLEASE!! I don't want any of them to die.
  8. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Jacen, Mara, Jag or Corran were my initial guesses, with Leia the rank outsider
  9. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I think none of the big three is gonna die yet. It was said that it was a big character that died. So I guess it will be Muuurgh !!! Remember he's almost 3 meters tall and since he's quite close to Han, he's quite close to Jaina (ya know... the friends of my friends are my friends, but here it's more like : the friends of my dad are my friends)
  10. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Luke may get captured or be presumed to be dead. He will not die in SbS. It also may be a major character for Sbs, but not necessarily a major established character. There is more than enough space to develop a meaningful character that dies in the span of a novel.
  11. Simone Jedi Youngling

star 4
  12. suncrusherX Jedi Knight

star 3
    xizor-lol

it's gotta be jacen, anakin, wedge, or mara. jaina is close to no other important characters.
  13. Wattowatta Force Ghost

star 4
  14. bterrik Force Ghost

star 4
    Xizor, you may be right! Not about Muurgh, but a big charecter. They have played word games with us before...

So who do we know thats really really big?
  15. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Huh... That was a joke... I don't think it was said a big character, but a major character. Big might be correct in that case, but from a certain point of view.
  16. DarthGanner Jedi Knight

star 1
    a deep personal loss could also mean that it's not a major character that dies. it could also be some kind of ship or possesion. i know jaina and mara were close, but i don't think that they would kill off mara right after having her survive the disease.
  17. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    yah, but there's a major character who dies in SbS, and the 'personal loss' of Jaina is surely related to that...
  18. suncrusherX Jedi Knight

star 3
    heh, maybe that pimp jag makes who lose her innocence...

kyp'll be there to help her kill him.
  19. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    So, if Kre'fey was busted down from an Admiral to a...Major...would he be ripe as a major character?
  20. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I rather hope it's Anakin who dies. It's not going to happen, but I can still hope.
  21. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    suncrusher : :D :D ROTFL

<whisper> but hide this before DL sees it, or he'll blast you to oblivion
  22. Darth_Duck Force Ghost

star 4
    Jacen, i hope.

And to you who said Jag, impossible, Allston said he's in his duology.

Jacen, or maybe, Kyp, but i hope not Kyp, cuz i'm holding out hope on a Kyp centered book.
  23. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know yet who will die, but I do know it won't be Jacen. I know that there's going to be a future NJO book that focuses on him, just like Conquest focused on Anakin. Maybe Destiny's Road, the fourth hardcover of the series.

Personally, I'm almost certain that it won't be a member of the Solo/Skywalker family. They've endured enough with Chewbacca's death.

I think the personal loss is the loss of her home, Coruscant. The Unofficial New Jedi Order Homepage posted a spoiler back in April that Coruscant will fall. I think that'll happen. As for someone major dying, I'm hoping it's either Kyp or Borsk who bites the dust.
  24. Histoire Jedi Knight

star 1
    According to me, 1) Mara couldn't die, she's just become mother.
    2) None of the Solo children could die because with the young Ben, they are the new Jedi Order and the new generation the first of a long line
    3) if Jaina'll know a "deep personal lost", why not Gavin Darklighter the Rogue Squadron Chief

AND AT LAST, why all these hypothesis? All of that is unfounded, with no real argument

Conclusion : All of us have to wait February for the answer
  25. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    OK - another theory...

"A deep personal loss..." certainly sounds like a person, but then again...

maybe it's the Force that Jaina loses. That would certainly be a deep personal loss to a Jedi.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.