main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oh no, it's another noob

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Majestik_Moose, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majestik_Moose

Majestik_Moose Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2008
    Hiiii. [face_batting]

Star Wars is taking over my life. I figured it was just a passing fancy, but this little Jedi-bug keeps poking into my everyday business to the point where I'm walking around the house humming the Star Wars theme at the top of my lungs whilst using an empty toilet paper tube as a lightsaber.

But whatevs.
    If Obi-Wan Kenobi wants to plague my mind 24/7 - I'll gladly let him do so.

This obsession has been going on for months, and wookiepedia is now my homepage. x]
    So I think it's safe to say I'm slowly becoming a hardcore fan.

I'm hoping I'll have enough guts to stick around and keep posting.

Who the heck knows. [face_hypnotized]

2. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Welcome to the boards.

I used to do that... oh wait I still do. (Minus the part about the toilet paper tube;))

So what brought you to the boards?

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I played the theme ( a modified version) for Band last year, but the toilet paper tube sounds really funny. Actually, I would prefer a colored PVC-pipe stick. :)

4. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hi there, Moose! Welcome to the JC! You're in good company if you are a Star Wars fan, and there is plenty around here to keep you busy, for sure. I hope you'll stick around, too. There are a lot of super awesome people around, and we'll help you out if you need any. Sound good?

If you want to chat about the prequels, maybe you could start in PT. Or there's CT if the Original Trilogy is more to your liking. And of course, there are also various fanfic boards and other sweet places to go. Just let us know if you need help finding something!

Have fun on the JC, and I'll see you around!

Trikes

P.S. Oh, and I'd recommend waiting for the paper towel roll or the next roll of wrapping paper to get used up for a more awesome lightsaber. :cool:

Or you could do what I used to do and snatch a tree branch from the back yard, spray paint it your favorite color, and smack your little brother when he's coming out to play. [face_mischief]

5. Majestik_Moose

Aug 6, 2008
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone. =]

An unhealthy obsession with the franchise, and not much of a liking towards the SW official site message boards. :/
    Really though, this place looks to be really enjoyable. I've only been a member of one other message board, and I'm still addicted to it, but I figured I should broaden my range within the online community.
    So, what better place to than a SW message board? :D

PVC pipe? Oh, I don't know. I accidentally whacked my dad on the head with my toilet-paper-saber. If I had been using a PVC pipe, I might've smacked his head right off!
    And there would go my oh-so-lovable SW DVD collection. :(

I don't have a little brother. But I do have two older brothers.
    So I guess it couldn't hurt to smack them upside the head a few times with a stick, then flee for my life. x]

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC!!

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Majestik_Moose! :)

From what you say about yourself, you have found a great place to stay. There are so many boards around - just dedicated to SW. And even if you want to talk about non-SW for a few minutes, there are even some places for that as well. So you'll have much to read and lots to discuss. :D

When you spoke about the toilette role using as a light saber, I had to think about my own FanForce (FF). Normally everything that looks like a lightsaber in the slightest way get used for little lightsaber fights. During meal, after meal, outside, inside... we just haven't manage to fight while sleep-walking. But that's more because none of us is sleep-walking. :p

So I suggest to visit your local FanForce as well. There you'll find other SW fans from your local area and if you like, you can meet them not just on the boards but in RL. :)

Enjoy your stay! :D

8. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Aha! I am thinking that I reckognize you from fanfiction.net. Unless there's another Majestik_Moose out there.[face_thinking] I'm Padawan A. Kenobi over there.;)
    Anyway, welcome to the JC! You're going to have tons of fun over here, we're all obsessed freaks. Well, I am anyway. Have fun, and see you in the pillow fight thread![face_mischief]

9. Majestik_Moose

Aug 6, 2008
    Ahh! That is me! :D
    You've reviewed my latest one I think, which I am extremely grateful for. :p

10. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Welcome Moose (Katelyn)! :D

You are most certianly in good company. I think each and every single one of us, have at one time or another attempted to escape the dreaded SW bug; however, as is obvious by our posting here, it has yet to work...personally, I think it has something to do with the subliminal messaging left in the DVDs/preview trailers that draws us back...

*goes off to test the idea; comes back three hours later in a Darth Vader outfit*

...see? :p

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your stay. And, if you have any question; please feel free to ask anyone of us for help. We're here to aide you ;) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.