main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oh no! MORE continuity headaches casued by the prequels? (Episode III)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Hi all,

Here are a few tidbits from the new set diary from Pablo Hidalgo:

"Over the last couple of days, I've been chatting plot points with Jonathan Rinzler, visiting Senior Editor from LucasBooks. More than most of the crew, we tend to think about the ramifications of the Episode III plot, and how it sends ripples throughout the fictional galaxy. As the editor of the future Visual Dictionary and other sourcebooks to be spun out of Episode III, he needs to keep in mind the big picture. Keeping abreast of Expanded Universe developments is also part of my job."

"For those movie purists who like to counter with pointing out (apparent) contradictions, there's at least two lines of dialogue -- one dealing with the Jedi Council, the other with the Republic -- that will require some creative interpretation to make the universe one big happy place again."

That second paragraph REALLY frightens me... I hope that continuity is not messed up too bad. :(

[color=indigo]Locked and redirected at [b]dp4m[/b]'s request. Please continue discussion in [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11002491&replies]"EU and Episode III (Spoilers Allowed)"[/link].

Thank-you.[/color]

2. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    If the EU can get over the "Republic 1000 years" line and the origions of Fett, this shouldn't be a problem

What excites me is the inclusion of MULTIPLE EU stuff in Ep III. Including a character and other stuff.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "(apparent)"

Definition:
    Manifest to the senses or mind as real or true on the basis of evidence that may or may not be factually valid...APPARENT suggests appearance to unaided senses that is not or may not be borne out by more rigorous examination or greater knowledge...synonym: Illusory, a false impression based on deceptive resemblance or faulty observation, or influenced by emotions that prevent a clear view.
    -webster dictionary

4. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    "apparent" --- that's where the creative interpretation dept comes in... with buckets of continuity spackle!

5. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Interesting that a line of dialogue about the Jedi Council could cause some conflict with the EU.
    I can't see how that is so, myself.

The Republic line....well you could twist the characters words, so that it all fits (I don't mean that in a derogatory sense).

EDIT: Oh BTW Gatherer, you cannot directly quote anything from the Set Diaries, could you please summarize that. I wouldnt want you to get into trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.