main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Oh, **** Things don't go as planned aboard the Death Star. Humor.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Title: Oh, ****
    Author(s): Valairy Scot
    Timeframe: Saga, AU
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Vader, cameos by Luke, Qui-Gon, Anakin, Yoda
    Genre: short in 100-word drabbles
    Keywords: Obi-Wan Kenobi, humor, Death Star
    Summary: Things do not go as planned aboard the first Death Star
    Notes: This is a drabble 'test run" of a Whacked Universe story. Each section is a 100 word drabble. It's a test run in that it's fun to do drabbles but a real Whacked U story is hopefully funnier and with a bit more explanation as to what really happened.
    Do note: fair bit of swearing in this story.

“Oh, ****!”

“Oh, ****!” Obi-Wan Kenobi moaned.

He raised his eyes from the small form crumpled on the deck, then up – up the towering black monstrosity looming above him. He licked his lips. “I am so dead.” Sadly, though he had embraced that very fate not two seconds before, the thought now had him quaking in his boots. He could give himself over to the Force, but he had had enough rejections for a lifetime – no point in starting anew in the afterlife as well.

And was honesty really the best policy? It was the only policy for a Jedi.

“Oh, ****.”

“Ummm, uh, Vader…” the old Jedi slowly backed away, determinedly not looking at the sandy haired boy, the redemption of Anakin, the galaxy’s only hope – the dead boy – over there. “I really, really hate to tell you this but,” his tongue wetted his lips once more, “but that dead boy over there is, um, your son. You were supposed to kill me, not Luke.”

“You lie, old man.”

“Search your feelings,” if you have any left, he added under his voice.

“Oh, ****.”

“I am so sorry – I was sacrificing myself to save him.” And this, too, goes into the failure column he noted.

“I am so dead.”

“Oh, **** – my son? Really?”

To Obi-Wan’s horror, the intimidating dark Lord of the Sith stumbled like a broken man to the corpse and fell to his knees and - and even further. Obi-Wan tittered. It probably wasn’t polite, but one didn’t usually see a Sith do a face plant. Oh, sure, it was the weight of his suit, not his grief – and – was that a muffled sob?

A Sith – crying?

Instinct took over, and with a swish of his robe – still in one piece, he was pleased to note – Obi-Wan knelt beside his former padawan and tentatively reached out.

Obi-Wan’s eyes roamed the immediate vicinity. Several staring rebels, many staring Imperials, one broken-hearted Sith Lord and – damn, one broken-hearted Sith Lord.

He really couldn’t cut and run, now could he?

But it had always been his job to comfort Anakin. And if the Sith was crying, surely that was a sign that Anakin was at least partially back.

“Damn.”

His hand awkwardly patted Vader’s – Anakin’s – whoever’s shoulder.

To Obi-Wan’s horror, the Sith Lord lurched into his arms and bawled his eyes out – unless it was drool - with a mask one couldn’t be sure, and Anakin always had been an ugly crier. All sniffles and – and snot. His shoulder was soaking wet now and Vader – Anakin – the deceased’s blood and kin – was shrinking in on himself.

Dissolving, before Obi-Wan’s disbelieving eyes.

It gave a new meaning to the term ‘reduced to a pile of tears’ – or puddle. Obi-Wan flicked on his lightsaber and prodded at the pool most delicately. Pffft. Sizzle. Steam boiled and evaporated.

“Well, damn.”

“Language,” scolded the ghost of his former master as Qui-Gon Jinn materialized where Anakin had been, standing jauntily on the pool of black armor. Happily ignoring his own admonition, he shook his head and grinned. “Damn, Obi-Wan, I wasn’t kidding when I said your words could kill.”
    “Technically…” Obi-Wan tried to point out, but Qui-Gon interrupted him.

“Technicalities, schmacknicalities. Don’t focus on the past. Seeing that Luke is dead, and Anakin as well – well, congrats, Obi-Wan, the Force’s own Sith-killer and now new ‘Chosen One.’ Go forth and conquer.”

“Jedi don’t – oh, ****.”

“Yes,” Qui-Gon beamed. “Beat that barve Sidious. And even if you don’t,” he shrugged, “it’s still a win win situation. You win or you join the Force a bit later than initially expected.”

“The anticipation is killing me,” Obi-Wan replied dryly. To his surprise, he felt the tug of a long gone braid against his skull.

“Brat,” Qui-Gon said fondly. “Do try to be late, Padawan and dump Anakin’s daughter somewhere safe. We don’t need any collateral casualties a second time. One final piece of advice: be creative. Don’t talk Sidious to death – it’ll take too long and you’ll both not survive.”

“Use my cutting wit?”

“Exactly.”

Obi-Wan blinked; like that he was dead and yet alive. “Damn funny,” he grumbled, “not!” remembering how he’d managed this feat.

“Padawan.” Qui-Gon Jinn grabbed him by both shoulders and beamed into his face. “I’m so happy you’re dead.”

“Master.” Anakin pounded him on the shoulder.

“Obi-Wan,” a wizened green creature warbled, his pointed ears curling in welcome. “Wiped the Sith out you have. Done well, died well; proud we are of you.”

“I died,” he sniped. “Someone told me to use my ‘cutting wit’ on him and guess what?

“Not your fault no sense of humor had Sidious. “

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    you killed Luke Anakin is a muddled mess and Obi-Wan killed the sith by boring them to death. Nice

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    “Brat,” Qui-Gon said fondly. “Do try to be late, Padawan and dump Anakin’s daughter somewhere safe. We don’t need any collateral casualties a second time. One final piece of advice: be creative. Don’t talk Sidious to death – it’ll take too long and you’ll both not survive.”

[face_rofl] The whole thing was funny, but that just had me rolling.

JediFalcon likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Funny. [face_laugh]

I always like Robot Chicken and Family Guy's take on Vader finding out he has a son.

"The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi," Palpatine tells Vader.

"Hey!" Vader replies to Palpatine. "I thought you said I killed my wife and unborn child?!":p

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a great fun to read[face_laugh][face_laugh]

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a fun read! =D= Very well thought out.

7. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Funny, Val. And a bit loony..but I liked it!

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Tee hee hee....

Obi-Wan tittered. It probably wasn’t polite, but one didn’t usually see a Sith do a face plant.
    The mental image... [face_rofl]

This was very funny! Thanks for sharing!

9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That was hilarious!!! Good job!

10. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    JediFalcon:
    ;) 'twas an experiment in writing, trying to restart the muse.

Alexis_Wingstar
    And Qui-Gon struck out again, giving bad advice - he was too focused on Obi-Wan "boring everyone to death" and forgot to factor in Sids.

Jedi_Lover: Glad it made you laugh.

Earlybird Obi-Wan: Glad you enjoyed.

Hazel
    Ha, joke's on you, it wasn't all that thought out, just sprouted out.

obimom: Loony, huh? My first "loon award."

mavjade: titters at your tee hee hee

hlc88
    And here I was merely going to amusing. Guess I "overdid it." ;)

11. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Oh dear *lips twitch* This sorta reminds me of something I did..a crack fic...so that's what its called.

bravo!

12. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Hehe [face_tee_hee] Always fun to read your stories! Wait...did he kill Sids or not? [face_thinking] Or am i just pretending he did because he is so awesome and perfect in my lovely brain? I loved all his little quirks in this, very cute.

13. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Hah! Qui-Gon is especially funny here.

14. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    :p

I love Obi-Wan's thoughts through the whole thing. His death is also hilarious. (That sounds terrible, but go with it.) I very much enjoyed.

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    What actually inspired this was a random brain-picture and Obi-Wan cursing when he realizes the Hope is dead.

Serendipityaey: Who knows? [face_devil]

Eryndil: Qui-Gon is often funny. Funny, he swears worse than Obi-Wan did. (intestinal byproducts is Obi-Wan's curse word.)

Luna_Nightshade: When *I* am feeling in a wierd mood, so do the characters and one never knows what they'll get up to.

16. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    I enjoyed this very much, particularly the interchange between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Good job!

17. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Wow. This is awesome. I laughed so hard I cried. :D

18. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    This could have happened so easily ...^:)^

19. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013
    You....are....so....good....at.....this! Keep.....going! Please!

20. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    It probably wasn’t polite, but one didn’t usually see a Sith do a face plant.

But...it's funny!

Awww, Obi-Wan. :) I love that he reached out.

Anakin always had been an ugly crier. All sniffles and – and snot.

[face_rofl]

The ending!! There's too much to quote! Oh that was hilarious.

21. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I was rereading the Whacked Universe stories and was delighted to discover that there was a new addition that I had been unaware of. @};-

Oh, **** indeed! At least Obi-Wan is the new Chosen One and wiped out the Sith. Even if he died in the bargain. :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.