main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Oh, this isn't pretty for RotJ fans...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheHuntressDiana, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I'm sure some of you RotJ fans have seen this already...but if not, here ya go.

http://www.digiserve.com/eescape/closet/silly/50-Reasons-Jedi-Sucks.html

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Although some of the points were funny,and even valid to some degree,I have to wonder if the author(s) of that piece really have the insight into the art of storytelling that they claim to have,because it didn't sound like they did.

One particular argument that I'm tired of is the whole Sebastian Shaw/David Prowse debacle which seems to have escalated into a controversy.Prowse himself even gets into the act.As an actor,Prowse did a fine job helping to create the character of Vader.After all that was what he was there for,to help create a character,of which there were many elements involved.As an actor,Prowse's first instinct should have been to want the character to be as great as it could be,not the satisfaction of his own ego.

The unmasking of Vader is arguably one of the most important scenes in the entire saga,and in many ways,the story hinges on it.

Lucas' decision to use another actor as Anakin was,just like the decision to use another actor to supply Vader's voice,an effort to build the character.Prowse gave Darth Vader an awesome physical presence,while Shaw gave Vader/Anakin a sense of grace,humility,and a touching humanity.

3. SparklerV

SparklerV Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Hm... RotJ is my favorite SW film, actually, and though I had a good laugh at the reasons why it "sucks," I still hold that its my favorite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.