main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oh, those randy Solo kids (Rebirth spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Theorizer, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theorizer

Theorizer Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2001
    Ok let's see here. In Rebirth( which if you haven't read yet GET OUT) Anakin kisses Tahirim, about time. And I think Jania gets a bit of a crush on Kyp. Well it's about time, all those hormones must hit the Solos at the same time.

But this brings up a few questions, like will Jacen ever get a woman, or is he just a loser? And speaking of which what happened to Tenel Ka? or Zekk? I think I remember Tenel Ka being in NJO at one point, but i cant think of which.

Anyway, you can debate about what to you think will happen to these Solo kids, and who Jacen will end up with (if he's lucky.)

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Jaina may or may not have been devloping a crush on Kyp. I believe not, though he was stirring up emotions in her. After what he did, however, forget a crush on him.

Anakin and Tahiri seem like the NJO version of Luke and Mara. Can be strong in the Force seperately, but when they link up, together their far more powerful. With the rate time seems to be flying by, you watch those two be over 18 and married by the end.

As for Jacen, we've already seen his hormones suggesting he get together physically with Danni.

Also, as for Tenel Ka's apperance, second book in the Agent's of Chaos series, Jedi Eclipse is the name if I remember correctly.

3. AurraMouse

AurraMouse Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2001
    I think Jacen will always be a loser. And who in the Galaxy could put up with his constant moral debate. a day with him, and you'd have your blaster to your head, ready to pull the trigger.

4. Theorizer

Theorizer Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2001
    Oh, the question isn't weather or not Jacen is attracted to Danni, it weather or not she could live with him.

And as for Jaina hating Kyp. I seem to remeber her mother disliking her father at first.....still Han didn't do anything as bad as Kyp did but they are young!( what ever that is suppose to mean)

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Then again, Han was never an idiot. Most of the time.

Jacen? I don't know about him...

6. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Actually, my comment on Jacen was based on your comment about hormones hitting the Solo kids at the same time. And about whether Jacen will get a woman. Your question was never whether that woman could stand him as I've read it.

7. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >I think Jacen will always be a loser. And who in the Galaxy could put up
    with his constant moral >debate. a day with him, and you'd have your blaster
    to your head, ready to pull the trigger.

More likely you'd have your blaster at HIS head. ;)

TC

8. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    yeah, like Han would let a 34 year old hook up with his 18 year old daughter.

9. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    When Han and Leia met, their ages were 29 and 18. Not too different than Kyp and Jaina. However, I don't want that to come to pass. I don't like Kyp Durron.

As to Jacen, I'd like to see him wind up with Tenel Ka, if the authors ever remember her again.

Anakin and Tahiri are pretty much meant to be together.

10. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    yeah, but Han didn't know Leia when she was in diapers!

Where's Jag Fel?

11. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    "yeah, but Han didn't know Leia when she was in diapers!"

Well, he did see that holograph of her when she was a little girl sitting on her father's lap, while he was running spice for Ylesia, though he probably doesn't remember.

12. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    LOL!!!

And if I knew nothing at all about either Jag or Kyp, I'd pick Jag for Jaina, simply because he's 2 years older than her, rather than a whopping 15!!

13. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    If two people love each other, and its legal, who are we to disagree?

14. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Jacen's just like his Uncle Luke. In other words? In the ladies department, he's *doomed*.

15. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    Luke had quite a few ladies interested in him over the years, and billions more watching on TV I bet, and he did get married eventually.

16. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Because Kyp is a total jerk, and he lied to Jaina, and why should she like him? I certainly wouldn't!!

17. DarkJediCaius

DarkJediCaius Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2001
    I liked what happened between Anakin and Tahiri. It was sweet and cute. Nice little thing to add to the story.
    As for Jaina I would hope she doesn't end up with Kyp. I was hoping that something might have happened with Jagged Fel a fel novels back. What ever happened to him?

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't know what Fel is doing... but I don't think anyone would like those two together.

Leia and Han wouldn't. Luke disagrees with almost everything Kyp has done. Mara hates him.

I think she knows better than that.

19. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I also like the Anakin and Tahiri story.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, the Anakin and Tahiri story was nice indeed.

Hmmm.... What could I consider my favorite plot in the book? I don't know...

Anyone else? What plot in Rebirth was your favorite?

21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I enjoyed the Anakin/Tahiri plotline myself. I loved the scene where Corran comes back after they've kissed and he asks "Should I have left you two unchaperoned?" That line made me burst out laughing.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes... the Anakin and Tahiri scenes were the most fun.

Note I didn't say best... I said fun. I don't really have a favorite one.

23. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    just a few rants.

han's one of kyp's oldest friends and jaina's 18 so there's no interference from there. and luke and mara don't matter either cause most people don't consult there aunt and uncle about their dating life.

Jag is the boba fett of the njo, almost ZERO lines and yet he has a devoted following.

jacen is bound to find some woman not afraid to smack him around. I forsee an interspecies relationship.
    possibly with a vong the way he loves them and protects them.

anakin and tahiri, nicely done. Although I have a bad feeling it's being set up too perfectly...

interesting batch of kids, but i'm a little tired of them so hopefully we get a break from em in allston's books.

24. AurraMouse

AurraMouse Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2001
    I think that Anakin and Tahiri are being set up perfectly to be the one stable thing in the NJO. the part that's predictable in the chaos.

25. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    I hope so because in the end there's likely to be very few happy endings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.