Ottawa Oh well...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by VaderFanForever, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFanForever Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I guess my effort to start a new Ottawa based Fan Force has fallen out of hyperspace. That is really too bad.

I knew there would be interest when the last movie came out, then after that, there would be no interest. I feel like I was wasting my time. There were a lot of you who said yes to a new FanForce...where did you guys go???

Oh well, maybe in 2 years (30th anniversary of Star Wars) the 3-D versions will be out, and then there will be interest once again. Maybe I will try then.

Untill then..."May the Force Be With You."
  2. macleod72 Jedi Padawan

Hey Vader,

I know for myself that it is just a matter of bad timing, Summer is a busy time. Not that I am making any excuses...

I know that it is hard thing to have to commit to dates right now.

All I can say is that I can try ... and I know "Do or Do not, there is no try"...
  3. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Since Ottawa is essentially a University town, try again in the fall. Those same people who said yes before probably went hiome in April and May after exams and thats why you don't see them now.

Start up a message in mid September, set a meet date for the week before Thanksgiving and then see what happens. If nobody shows up with several weeks warning.. well then maybe its a lost cause.
  4. Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Knight

star 1
    *waves* Hi. I tried helping. I would have been at the AMC last Saturday had people actually said if they'd rather an afternoon or evening movie. I'll try again in the fall too if you want. My suggestion: try find a way to get members through the university and colleges clubweek.
  5. VaderFanForever Jedi Knight

star 3
    [:D] I know you tried to help Amidala, and I really appreciate it. Maybe I will try at the begining of school next term...whenever that is.
  6. Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Knight

star 1
    September 1st we all move back! I'll update when clubs week is announced.
  7. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Folks I want to help but like I said before I need to see some interest.
    I hope that Ottawa will become a chapter once again in the near future.
  8. Spiderfan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Vaderfan I can sympathize...I tried for years for a durham chapter, but to no luck...and the great irony is that as soon as I leave durham several people pop up wanting to form a chapter. -.-
  9. Minder Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will help organize

We should get a core of volunteers together to start organizing, and if we never get more than 4 or 5 of us it would still be worth it, but if we become active, then it will grow.

Question: Are there costuming standards somewhere? (Personaly I lothe poor quality costumes. I loke Cannon best, but Non Cannon is fine as long as its good quality.)
  10. Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Knight

star 1
    Costuming standards? I think the only standard should be doing the best you can. Everyone has to start out somewhere. And I think most people just go by what looks good to them. Some are all about accuracy, while other don't mind modifications to make it look better on the individual wearing it.
  11. Minder Jedi Knight

star 3
    I meant Standards for Fan Force chapters, 501st chapters have costuming standards posted, and I was wondering id Fan Force did also.
  12. Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Knight

star 1
    You could check the costuming boards, but I've never really seen any for just FanForce. the 501 would have them because they are a costuming club, but FanForce is just for any fans. It wouldn't be fair for beginners.
  13. Minder Jedi Knight

star 3
    Understood.

By the way, Lil_Miss_Amidala, are you interested in getting together with us here in Ottawa and starting a Fan Force chapter?

If so please put a reply in the Ottawa Chapter Sign up thread
  14. Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would, but the school year is turning out to be more stressful than anticipated, and I don't really have time for much that isn't school or work related. :(
  15. Minder Jedi Knight

star 3
    Were only thinking once a month for a few hours at most, as few as 3 times a year, and you get friends and party invitations out of it :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.