main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oh what a wonderful double standard.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Jedi_Nailbiter, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    So this thread is ready for a lock?

2. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    So it's, "All TF.N main page rules apply to the JC, but not all JC rules apply to the the TF.N main page."?

3. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Unless there are remaining questions or concerns that haven't already been mentioned and addressed...

?

Vertical

4. King

King Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2002
    I think this thread is ready for a lock, but I'd like to get a word or two in before that happens. ;)

TFN is a news page and as such, it often has sources where it gets news from, places it has to link to. Not every other site out there has the same moral principle (?) that the JC puts forward in its ban of harsh profanity. But those sites often have the news, like Episode-X or AICN.com. To not give credit to the source would be bad journalistic form. It is necessary then for TFN to link to these sites to continue to bring us news. They could make up stories for us, spoilers and LucasFilm future projects (like the Cartoon Networks' Clone Wars) but that would be insulting to all parties involved.

As for regular users posting links like that, well, I could see why posting a link to a news story at, say Rotten.com would raise some hackles. First off, there's nothing news worthy there, nothing to really post about except "an archive of disturbing illustration" as they claim. But regular users should be able to post links to places like AICN or Episode-X or any other legitimate site like those. There's substance behind those links, usually, and that far outweighs the profanity that can be found if you really want it to be.

Follow? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.