main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Oh yeah, Baby Iron Man's coming!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Vangarian, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Yo! Check out the Iron Man trailer at this Website It looks like a hit to me. :D

2. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    Holy S#$%

Wow, I hope it's as cool as the trailer.

I remember when all these comic adaptations started boomin' out of Hollywood after X-men set the new stage for these types of films. A few have actually been good but I stopped getting excited after most of them sucking. This looks good though.

It's a little off topic but the comic movie I'm waiting for is Batman: The Dark Knight.

3. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    EDIT: Keep it PG folks.

4. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    OK I'm just curious how long it is going to take to get this post censored...

D'oh! Wrong account!

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    UGH! I posted a link to the trailer quite a while ago on another thread

6. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    UGH! I posted a link to the trailer quite a while ago on another thread.

PS... that's the wrong spelling of that word used in that way.

;-)

7. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Golly, Damian. Which thread was that? If I'd known you'd already mentioned the teaser trailer for the I.M. movie, I wouldn't have bothered. [face_blush]

8. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I thought the same of Ghost Rider...til I saw it. Ill reserve judgement until see it, but I gotta give them props for throwing in the ozzy!

9. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Sorry Tone I had to per rules please just remember that this is a public forum for all to see! We direct many of our contacts here. No biggie just watch your typing!

10. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    sorry, it was just sooo pretty. Am I allowed to say that Iron man makes me feel things that straight people shouldn't?

11. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Do you think they'll cover his alcoholism? Probaly not with the first film but I wonder.

12. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    I tend to agree that it won't be an issue until a little later on down the line. However if Marvel holds to the tradition of Heroes with human frailties/issues/problems just like the rest of us you can bet that they will have it on the back burner. What made Spidey so appealing after all? His humanness his real life drama issues. This may not be as easily expressed through the character of Tony Stark, because Tony tended to hide behind the facade of the confident inventor genius who inherited his father's business legacy (Stark Industries) He didn't necessarily inherit His father's aggressive drive, his ambition. That would come later after his fall from grace through alchohalism and the ensueing gauntlet he'd have to endure finding his way out of the bottle and back on his feet again. If anything, Tony Stark plays the social (if not evil) opposite to Peter Parker. "With great power comes great responcibility". Peter threw it to the side only to find out too late that it had cost him his Uncle Ben. :_| Tony never knew that lesson other than in a business sense. However, when his fellow prisoner sacrificed his life to buy Tony the time needed to charge his power cells in his Mark I powered armer, Tony was inspired to deal out Justice for a wrong done.

13. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Right on.

I have only read a handful of comics about Iron Man. It sucks because I like him and I want to know more but I have a bunch of crap going on or I forget, hey I wanted to do this.

The comic movie I am waiting for and it better be well done is Captain America.

14. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Now GrandAdmiralFrank don't go trying to get me all teary eyed over Cap! It's hard enough that those idgits at Marvel went and offed him! :_|

15. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    I know. Ain't that some crap.