main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OH YES!!!!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Stormtrooper_fan, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    FINALLY I found (care of a very kind Stormie) a dealer for Biker Scour Armour and I've just ordered a complete set :D

I know you guys are going to screaming 'geek' at me for the rest of my life but I care NOT one bit... I'm chuffed to little pieces!! :p

*Sigh* and here was me thinking that life in the Stromtrooper_fan household couldn't get ANY better [face_mischief]

TB-1369 is finally on her way to serving the Empire!! [face_devil]

2. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    Good for you! May I ask how much it was or is that being a little rude? ;)

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Congratulations...

4. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    Cheery guys!

@ Loons US$975.00 with US $150.00 shipping... there'll be customs fees to be added onto that too which will probably be quite a sting as well because they are a bunch of <children born out of wedlock> ;)

5. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Whooo, congrats! Wanna see pics of you in the armour when you get it. :cool:

6. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    No problemo! I got to take pics so I can send them to the UK Garrison so I can join their ranks... poor wee souls [face_laugh]

7. WookieeClash

WookieeClash Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2004
    Do they do female sizes for Stormie/Scoutie armour? I knew a girl who wanted one but they never did one small enough for her body. (Also the helmet was way too big). Or maybe you just want to display and admire its sleek white shinyness?

:)

8. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    Originally I wanted to be a Stormtrooper but I hunted around for armour and found that it was only really made for the average 6' guy. I could have modified it but to be honest you'd have to remove a HUGE part of the leg armour in particular to get it to fit and it would end up looking awful. The helmets have an adjustable frame inside from the ones I've seen and she should have been able to make the helmet fit though!

With the Biker Scout armour most of it is made of soft armour (ie there's no leg armour like the Stormtroopers) so it's easier for smaller people to wear! I'm sure it will take a little modification also but it won't have to be butchered to make it fit so maybe she'd be better off with this type of armour??

Yes I'm buying it to wear, I have wanted to be a member of the UK Garrison since I wa first introduced to them about a year and a half ago! :D

9. WookieeClash

WookieeClash Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2004
    I remember when I purchased my Ewok outfit, I too had to modify it until it fit. Actually I had to buy several more Ewok outfits to sow together and complete my one...

I did win 'Best Wookiee costume' at the last convention I went to though, which was a bonus.

;)

10. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    LMAO! Ewok outfits I could do with one of those especially as a cheeky Stormie just called me an Ewok because I is ikl :D

I told him to watch it because I had a mean rock throwing arm [face_laugh]

Did you know the UK Garrison (dunno if it's a whole 501st thing) has a new Rebel section for your sort? :p

11. Thraxwhirl

Thraxwhirl Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    *In ref. to opening post*

I never like to disappoint a lady(especially not one who scares me), so allow me to be the first here to oblige you, Nik:

"Geek!"

Now take as many copy-and-pastes of that as you need for the rest of your life. :)

All part of the Adz service.

12. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    I'll back this one up S_f:

Geek!!! :p

Btw well done!

[face_monkey]

13. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    You may get lucky and not pay any import charges on your armour, depends on what the person sending it to you says it is.

When my Stormtrooper armour (another geek here) arrived from the US, I wasn't charged a thing by the customs people. Which was kinda cool!

And finally the weight loss is kicking in, a stone so far, so I might even be able to get into it some time soon, LOL!

For now though, I'm concentrating on my Wookie costume instead.

Oh, and I'm thinking lots of pics of you in armour :p

14. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    There's ways around the charges so I have been informed so I'm pretty chuffed about that ;)

I have already be nabbed by a Stormie who's planning on being a Biker Scout too, should be fun trooping with him... especially as he's 6'6 and I'm 5'1 [face_laugh]

You planning on joining the UK Garrison Jarien?? I am... can't wait to be trooping with the bhoys!!

Ohh I'm sure there will be lots of pics of me posing in my suit [face_mischief]

15. Thraxwhirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Cripes, I didn't realise you were that tiny, Nik. :eek: *Cue gratuitous use of "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" quote of course.*

So you're gonna cut away some o' the armour to make a larger suit fit, eh?

I have a far cheaper solution. Get a far less expensive smaller costume and extend it to fit.

This one should suffice. Even comes with its own manikin. :D

[image=http://i13.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/3f/f4/12_1_b.JPG]

Isn't eBay wonderful? :p

BTW. Don't feel too bad. You're an inch taller than me. Jawas used to steal my lunch money. I believe "Utinni!" literally translates as "nab the short-arse!"

It's in Ep IV. I always wince when they bring down Kenny Baker.

16. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    LMAO you cheeky....

Nah the Biker Scout armour is mostly soft armour barring the chestplate so no cutting down needed which is why I opted for that :D OK it's not the Stormie armour I wanted but hey ho!

The 'aren't you a little short...' quip was another thing that would have put me off can you imagine hearing that for the millionth time in one day... someone would end up getting a blaster up their right nostril [face_laugh]

I didn't realise you were ikl also!!

17. Thraxwhirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Yes, I'm ultra ikl.

The Wicket of my tribe I fear.

Of course, as people on these boards are aware, I'm a world tyrant in the making(actually my surname's Making), and I have all the hallmarks of a dictator.

One of which is my height @ just 5' 0". There are other factors too. Like being left-handed. ;)

When I'm Ruler of this Miserable Planet, and I need an army to keep order, I'll send for you, Nik, and have a suit of armour specially fitted for you. :D

Thinkin' about it - could I clone you a few milion times, Nik? Be nice to have a "Grand Army" at my command that doesn't tower over me. Napoleon used to dream of that.

18. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Christ I can hear people screaming from here... I think just the ONE of me is enough for this world ;)

Though the very threat of a Clone Army of me shold be enough to strike fear into the bravest of Jedis hearts [face_devil]

19. Thraxwhirl

Apr 14, 2002
    I like the idea. It has merit.

I could take you on as my evil apprentice. [face_devil] Being left-handed, I'm fully qualified. :D

"Together we could rule the Galaxy", if we can only get raised seats fitted on the bridge of a Star Destoyer. Is there a Halfords near you? :confused:

20. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    Well... unfortunately I already have a beloved Master... Darth Scourge, haven't quite finished with him so bumping him off isn't such a good idea ;)

21. Thraxwhirl

Apr 14, 2002
    Drat! And Double Drat! Loyalty to your Master?! Have you learnt nothing from Return of the Jedi?

*Sigh*

Never an Evil Apprentice available when ya need one. :_|

22. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    When I can eventually get into my armour comfortably, well as comfortably as the armour can get, then I will join the 501st UK Garrison. Until then, I'll concentrate on my wookie.

23. Ameera

Ameera Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    ... [face_plain] ... [face_plain] ... [face_plain] ...

GEEK!!! :p

24. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    We love ya really Nik! :p

25. Ameera

Ameera Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    We? Who's we?

:p :p :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.