main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohana (Obi-Wan AU) *~Update 01/08!!!~*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    :-0 Wow.
    Very well written. I've been following it since the first post.:) I wonder what the Hawiian means? Does anyone know were I can find an internet based translaitor? When they'er speaking, I am SO lost. :-D I can get the jist of it.

This story is very well done. One I want to read over again.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Thank you, Jauhzmynn. :)

I translate everything off of This site. Please keep in mind that I don't speak the language, so it's a very very horrible translation. :p

Sorry I haven't been very active. School is just getting worse instead of better. :( But, I will TRY to do SOMETHING... ANYTHING.

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Study Hard Miana

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I was studying for my chem midterm from 11 pm to 4 am and took the midterm at 1 pm, does that count? ;)

5. maulenaokea

maulenaokea Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2004
    Aloha, Miana,
    I just found this board and the story you wrote about Hawai'i and Star Wars. You should make a movie. You speak very good Hawaiian. I am trying to find the words to a short song by Makaha Sons of Ni'ihau, most of which I understand, only two verses, or one verse and a hui. Only mistake I found in kou story was coconut trees are "niu". Nui is like great or greatly, like mahalo nui loa.

Oia'i'o,
    Maulena

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Mahalo, Maulena! LOL, I doubt that I speak good Hawaiian, but thanks anyways. :) As for the movie... LOL, nice of you to say so, but I seriously doubt that will be happening soon. ;)

Oh, and thanks for noting the niu problem. :D :D

Er... yeah.. story still is kinda... not cooperating... neither is school... *Kicks school*

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    In a "YAY!" factor, since I got to my class 1/2 hour early, I now have 2 paragraphs written on the next post, LOL.

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm terribly sorry, guys. I have no other excuse for not writing on this but "College." The next post refuses to get written but I AM trying. :(

9. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    College is a pretty good excuse

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Shorty, quicky, but hey, it's a post...

When the sun rose the next morning, most of the village remained asleep, only a few beings rising with the sun. The lu'au had gone on far into the night, several patrons even lay asleep on the sand in the main gathering circle. The high priest and his new disciple Peleke sat kneeled before their statue of Pele, singing praises and decorating it with leis.

Obi-Wan sat in his hut, eyeing the wall blankly. He knew that if he was the ask Peni for his daughter's hand, the time would be now. He could sense that the chief indeed was awake, walking near the coast. If he went now, no one else in the village would see him, and secrecy was one thing he wished for.

Yet Obi-Wan remained where he was. His heart and mind were torn within him. He knew that he loved Leikele and that he wished to remain with her; that much he had no doubt about. But by taking Leikele as his wife, not only would he be defying the Order, he would ultimately be giving up on ever returning to Coruscant. To the Jedi Order. To Anakin.

They have had three years. They would have already come if they were looking for me.

Obi-Wan knew he should be patient. The Jedi Council had far more important things to do than search the galaxy for one lost Jedi. The Jedi were needed as diplomats, ambassadors, soldiers... Not too many could be spared to search for him.

He felt sad for Anakin. He did not wish that Anakin would see him as abandoning him. To first lose his mother, then Qui-Gon, then himself? He knew it was not his fault that he was separated from his padawan, yet he knew that he was failing Qui-Gon, for he could not teach Anakin.

But what if no one was to come? The thought had always lingered in Obi-Wan's mind, yet he never wanted to think of it. Was he to die on this island, cut off from his people, his way of life? His mind drifted back to Leikele. If I am to die here, then why should I not be granted the happiness of life? The Jedi Code forbid marriage, Obi-Wan knew that. But I do not see a Council Member anywhere to reprimand me...

Obi-Wan inhaled sharply as he closed he eyes. One more time, he resolved. I will try once more. Then that it is. Slowly, he let his mind connect to the Force. He felt it fill his entire being, sensing it in the jungle around him. He tried to push down the living Force, finding the feeble remains of his bond with Anakin in his mind. Putting all the energy that he could muster into it, Obi-Wan tried to reach out to his former apprentice. He felt nothing. He pushed even further, feeling the same darkness. He tried to push further, yet his concentration failed. He let go of the Force with a gasp, snapping his eyes open. His heart was racing and drops of sweat lined his brow. Nothing.

Obi-Wan nodded his head to himself, taking deep breaths to try to calm his nerves. No more. No more. Shakily, he rose to his feet, heading toward the doorway. He paused as he was about to step out. Doubt filling his head. Was he really ready to give up his way of life? Thoughts of Anakin and the Jedi Order filled his mind. Inhaling sharply, Obi-Wan stepped out through the door. I am a Jedi no more...

He made his way down to the coast, easily spotting Peni. The chief stood with his feet in the break of the waves, looking out over the sea. Obi-Wan slowly approached him, trying to act as if he was casually out for a walk. Peni took note of him, then continued to stare out at the water. Obi-Wan came up to his side, Peni beginning to speak. "Kamehameha has angered Pele. She sends her clouds over his islands." Obi-Wan followed his gaze, seeing the darkness of black clouds across the water, covering what tiny bit of the next island his keen eyes could see.

Peni turned and eyed the younger man. "Pele is pleased with us. She has yet to send the clouds." He smiled warmly. "What wakes you this morning, Kulu?"

"I wished to speak with you," Obi-Wan ans

11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Poor Obi-Wan. He has a tough choice to make. But you can't just leave him stranded there!

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    But you can't just leave him stranded there!

Says who? [face_mischief]

:D

13. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Wow, NICE>
    Hope Obi Wan finds happiness.

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey guys.

Thanks to the great JC Boards Migration of 2005, I've been frantically going back and saving all my stories. I am currently up to 2001, to give you an idea of how much this sucks. :p So, I might not get a chance to post again until after the boards have moved. Not sure yet, but it's a possibility.

Thanks for your patience!

15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm trying to save some of the really really old fav's of mine as well (jedi dreams and appearances) It is a really slow process.

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    That it is. :p

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I am still here... I've been trying to catch up on homework all week, since I've fallen very far behind. For my humanities course, we are supposed to be finished with the Tanakh, and I am only on Ezekiel. However, this story is still in my mind, so never fear, I shall get to it eventually. :)

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Finals is next week! Hopefully my muse will wake up. :D

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Muse has gone missing. Am forming a search party for him.

20. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    *delurks*

Hey Mi! :D I read some of this story like over a year or so ago, and liked what I read. By now I've lost track of where I was but hopefully I'll eventually get to read the rest of it. :D Hope your muse comes back!

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Alas, Kyle is still missing. :(

*Huggles to Bel for delurking* [:D]

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kia Ora! I'm in NZ right now, and being with the Maori has given me some idea for this story. [face_dancing]

23. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Hurray- more soon :)

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *fingers crossed* :)

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    ouch. That's sad that it was updated 1/08/06.

I really DO want to finish this... eventually. I'm ALMOST finished with my other story (that needs to be finished like WHOA), then I can try to wrap this one up.

Stupid college. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.