Ohana (Obi-Wan AU) *~Update 01/08!!!~*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    The red flames of the fire hissed and sputtered as damp wood was added to the already burned out pile. They hissed once more, finally drying the wood and engulfing it quickly. The flames began to grow high, giving off more heat and warming the cold bodies of the three who sat around it.

Obi-Wan tried to make himself as comfortable as possible on the soft ground, Leikele sitting next to him with Koma?s head in her lap, the young boy already fast asleep. It was very late into the night, yet Leikele insisted on remaining awake, eyeing Obi-Wan intently as he explained. She had known that the Haole who had washed ashore onto her island was special, but now he was beyond special: he had the powers of the gods themselves.

The Jedi let out a sigh as he tore apart a small leaf and threw little bits into the fire. ?It?s not like I was given my powers. I was born with them. Where I come from, a lot of people have the same powers as me.?

?Many people can control the minds of others?? she asked in shock.

?No? Well, technically yes, but we don?t control the mind unless absolutely necessary. We are soldiers for peace; we will use anything to get matters settled peacefully.?

?Is it a hard life?? Leikele asked, watching as he threw the last piece of the leaf and the stem as well into the fire. He had been nervously tearing apart leaves since she began asking him about his abilities, the woman hiding a smile as Obi-Wan picked up yet another leaf that lay nearby.

?Yes and no. We are devoted to our Order. It requires many things from us.?

?Like what??

Obi-Wan shrugged. ?Lots of things. We need to be where the Council places us, we can?t leave as we please, we?? he let out a halfway sigh as he continued on, ?we can?t let our emotions get in the way of our job. We have to continue on, even if?? Obi-Wan stopped, worrying that his voice might crack. Leikele peered at him, trying to get her brown eyes to connect to his. ?Even if what??

?Even if the person you love most in the world is dying in front of you, you must continue on with your job? Even if you think you can save them,? he concluded quietly, staring blankly at the fire. The half mutilated leaf lay motionless in his hand, bits and pieces of it laying around him or crumbling in the fire. He felt Leikele?s small hand take the leaf from his grip and replace it with her own hand, forcing him to look up and meet her gaze. ?Who was lost that it makes you hurt so much to remember them?? she asked in a whisper, seeing the pain return to his eyes.

Obi-Wan wet his lips then returned his gaze once more to the fire. It continued to flicker and dance over the wood, destroying the once alive pieces of wood, just as fire had destroyed Qui-Gon?s once alive body. The memory burned all too well in his mind; his Master?s death, the funeral, the awful return to Coruscant, the packing of their room and moving into another with Anakin?

?Obi-Wan?? Leikele called softly, bringing him out of his trance. ?Is everything all right??

?Yeah? everything?s fine,? he said quickly, blinking and averting his eyes once more.

?Listen, if you don?t want to talk about..?

?No, no? it?s all right. It?s just??

?Just what??

Obi-Wan gave a small half smile. ?Bad memories, I guess.?

?Memories of what?? Leikele had gently lifted Koma?s head off of her lap and put his head to rest on her sack, enabling her to get up and move closer to Obi-Wan. She sat opposite him, forcing him to take his eyes from the flames and look at her.

?Memories of when my Master was killed. He was the man that raised me since I was a boy and taught me all I know. He was practically my father. He? he was killed before my eyes, and I could do nothing? Nothing except watch.? Obi-Wan lowered his head, catching a small glimpse of the pain that was in Leikele?s eyes as well.

?How did he die?? Leikele asked quietly.

?A Sith? a person who has my powers but uses them for bad? he fought my master and won. I killed him later, but the damage had already been
  2. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  3. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  4. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    He wants to go home, but he's falling for the girl.

I'm wondering what he'll decide. Can he even get home?

5. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  6. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    On a completely random note...

At Disneyland saturday...

WE FOUND NEMO!!!!! :p ;)
  7. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  8. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  9. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay I'll up this in hopes that Miana isn't having too much summer fun to post ;)
  10. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Summer... Fun???? *Dies laughing*

considering my schedule is: work, school, sleep, work, school, sleep... haven't had fun yet. :(
  11. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    you were down the street (ok, freeway) from me and didn't stop in to say hi :(
  12. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Kit, you live near Disneyland??

Hark! A post!
    ~~~~~~~
    Obi-Wan scooped a handful of water from the small stream, throwing it over his face and wiping the excess with his sleeve. The morning had come all too quickly, Obi-Wan not even remembering going to sleep. Every time he had shut his eyes, those bright yellow eyes had haunted him. He picked up another scoop of water and splashed his face, trying to rub away some of the grime that was imbedded into his skin. He grimaced as his fingers felt the presence of a small beard now, itching like mad as it sprang up. Wiping the water off of his face once more, he ran a hand through his hair. Another grimace came to his face as he felt his once short hair now reaching his ears.

If I stay here long enough, I?ll look like Master Rancisis soon enough? he thought, giving a small laugh, which was closely followed by a pang in his heart. He would not deny that he missed Coruscant? Well, maybe not Coruscant? moreso the people on Coruscant. The Jedi? his family, his friends? heck, he even admitted to missing old Dex! He slapped the back of his neck as he felt a small insect land on his skin, feeling it immediately start to itch. All right, maybe I miss Coruscant just a little?

Sighing, he got back to his feet and trudged back towards their camp. It didn?t surprise Obi-Wan any when it started raining, the Jedi wondering how long it would take for the winds to kick in today. As nice as he imagined the island to be, it rained just a tad too much for his liking. Once in a while was one thing? Every day was another.

Pushing through a bush, Obi-Wan came across their camp, seeing Koma throwing dirt over the fire to put it out. He looked up at the sound of someone approaching, but then simply turned back to taming the flames. Obi-Wan could hear the boy mumbling under his breath, stopping only when the sound of bushes being pushed aside was hear. Looking up, he saw his sister emerging, a large leaf in her hands and many small fruits resting on the leaf. ??Ai awiwi,? she commanded him, lowering the leaf once she got to her brother, the boy grabbing several fruits from the make-shift tray. ?Kakou pono ho?omaka ke huaka?I kauhale.?

She moved from her brother on to Obi-Wan, offering him some of the fruit. He was surprised to note that his language training with Koukalaka were indeed paying off. In the short sentence that Leikele had spoken to her brother, he had been able to understand the words ?we? and ?home?. Obi-Wan graciously took one of the tan-orange fruits that she had offered, hearing her describe it as a ?manako.? It was bitterly sweet and full of tiny seeds, yet however juicy and refreshing.

Leikele herself grabbed two smaller fruits, eating one and then stowing another into her pack. She swallowed the last bite of her meal then went back to her brother, mumbling something under her breath to him. Koma rolled his eyes, casting a look in Obi-Wan?s direction. ?A?u makemake ?a?ole hele mai me ia maua..? From the look on Leikele?s face, Obi-Wan could tell that he had just said something offensive. Leikele scowled at her younger brother, furrowing her brows in anger. ?Koma! ?Oe pono e ?a?ole ?olelo kela! ?Oia lawelawe lima ho?opakele ?oe!?

?A?u ?a?ole penei pehea ?oia nana a ?oe!? Koma said defensively, his brows also furrowing as he frowned at his sister.

?Kela ?a?ohe mean o kau ?oihana!? Leikele yelled at him, her eyes blazing at her sibling. Obi-Wan was somewhat thankful that he did not fully understand the language, as he was almost certain that the argument was about him.

?Mihi o ?oia I keia manawa!" Leikele demanded. ?I keia manawa, Koma!?

Koma gave a small sigh, his face still angry. However, he lowered his head and turned to the Jedi, mumbling ?A?u ko mihi.? That Obi-wan did understand. Koukalaka has taught him that ko mihi was loosely translated into ?I?m sorry? in Basic. Obi-Wan caught Leikele?s gaze, anger etched onto the woman?s face. ?We need to get going,? Obi-Wan
  13. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  14. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanls for coming back to this.

I live about 15 minutes south of the Tragic Kingdom. I worked there for quite a while.
  15. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Really? How awesome. I live further south down near Temecula. :)

Well, this piece of junk's been giving me even more problems, but hopefully they're solved...
  16. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  17. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah, lovely Temecula. Gotta go out there for a depositon next month. Sorry, but right now it's just a little too warm for my taste. Nice to know I'm not the only S. Calif girl around here :)

just waiting for more ;)
  18. benknobi1 Chosen One

star 6
  19. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Hehehe... meh, the temperature's all right for me.. we went up to Simi Valley yesterday.. the weather was BLISS... but I still love my 105° summers.. ;)

Am working on a post!! :D Keep your spirits up!
  20. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  21. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    [Yoda] Yes, yes... but now, we must eat!!

:p
  22. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    By early evening, the trio had reached the Koloa pass, Obi-Wan halting them to set up camp. Leikele immediately went off in search of food, while Koma began building a fire. Obi-Wan looked out over the scenery, the ocean so close that he could feel its cool breeze playing with his hair. He looked over his shoulder at Koma, who was grumbling under his breath as he began to quickly twist a small twig into his hand, the wood rubbing against a much larger log that was seated on the ground.

A strange feeling pricked at the back of Obi-Wan?s mind, the Jedi following the small trail he had taken once before up to one of the small peaks. Kukuiolono, the Light of Lono, Leikele had called it. He looked out over the island, seeing smoke rising from the South. He guessed it was coming from a village, no doubt the Poipu?s village. By now, he guessed that the warriors had returned home with their frightening tale of being threatened by Pele, an idea that brought a smirk to Obi-Wan?s face.

?Ahea ?oe ma?ane?ei?!? Obi-Wan?s head snapped around. The shout had come from in the ravine where they had set up camp. He immediately began running down the small trail, stretching out with the Force as he did so. He could feel Leikele, whom he assumed had shouted, and Koma was there was well. But, as he neared, he could feel another presence as well.

Obi-Wan skidded to a halt as he entered the ravine. His eyes narrowed as he saw a man gripping Leikele?s arm. Leikele tried to resist, turning her head to her brother. ?Koma, loa?a Obi-Wan!?

?Kakou ha?alele I keia manawa!? the man hissed. ?Nele ke Haole!?

?Let her go!? Obi-Wan commanded, striding up bravely to the man before he realized that he had no weapons. The man glared at him, Obi-Wan furrowing his brows. ?Kilika??

Leikele?s fiancé sneered at him. ?Ke Haole? Laua hele mai me a?u,? he said sharply, tightening his grip on Leikele?s arm to the point that she cried out. She tried to wiggle from his grip, but found she couldn?t.

?Help me!? she pleaded to Obi-Wan, seeing Kilika?s face turn sour as he heard the words escape her mouth. He pulled on her arm so that she was face to face with him. ??Oe hiki ?olelo ia ua 'ilipuakea?!? he exclaimed, his voice laden with disgust.

??Ae, a?u hiki ?olelo ia iaia,? she replied bitterly. ??Ole a ?oe, ?oia waiwai 'i'o ?olelo ia!?

Kilika gritted his teeth. ?Hupo wahine?? With that, he slapped Leikele across the face, then threw her down to the ground. Obi-Wan would have launched himself at the man, but he was beaten by Koma, who had stood motionless with fear until his sister was attacked. Kilika smacked Koma as if he was a rag doll, sending the boy down to join his sister. Leikele scrambled to her brother, lifting his head onto his lap as he let out a stifled cry, tentatively touching his lip to find it spilling blood.

Kilika faced Obi-Wan as the Jedi began heading toward him. ?Hupo Haole? ?Oe mana?o ?oe hiki ho?opio a?u?? He let out a cruel laugh. ??Ae ia kaua ?ike ?oe ho?a?o.? An evil grin settled onto his face, the man motioning for Obi-Wan to attack him.

The Jedi furrowed his brows. ?Are you trying to provoke me? If you are, I?ll not sink to your level. Move and let us be on our way.? He eyed Leikele and jerked his head toward Kilika. ?Tell him what I said.?

Leikele gave a small nod, then sucked in a breath of air. ?Ia ?olelo ua ?Ia ?ole??

?Kulikuli!? Kilika bellowed, glaring at Leikele then turning his gaze back to Obi-Wan. The Jedi held the man?s gaze, then walked past him to Leikele and offered his hand to help her up. He saw her eyes go wide, the girl yelling ?Look out!?

Obi-Wan could sense Kilika behind him, ducking right as the man swung at Obi-Wan?s head with his fist. Curling up his own fist, Obi-Wan let it connect with Kilika?s abdomen, feeling the man loose his breath and curl slightly. He twisted around before Obi-Wan could let his other fist connect, too slow to stop Kilika?s own fist from connecting with his head. Obi-Wan?s vision danc
  23. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Tossing this up for the afternoon crowd
  24. diamond_pony2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh wow! That was a very tense post! I thought what's-his-name was going to kill Obi! GREAT POST AND STORY!
  25. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Between, you, oe and froggy, there seems to be a slugfest on the boards tonight. Must be the summer heat 8-}
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.