main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohana (Obi-Wan AU) *~Update 01/08!!!~*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Thanks, d_p

2. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *curses Darth School*

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Be nice- DS comes first so you can play later

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    But Darth School's image of "later" is next summer. :p

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey guys,
    Just a quick note: My "brother" just got sent to Iraq, so I will be on edge for the next 6th months. Due to this, posting may be postponed longer than it already is.. *ducks a flight of raw vegetables* Sorry... I shall try my best though!

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Sorry for the lack of posts. Still no word from my brother, and my homework load is increasing everyday. :(

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Update: I just received an email from my brother, so I'm both filled with relief and horror (I swear, why does he think it's necessary to tell me of every near-death experience and attack that he's been apart of??).

No football game for the next month (woo hoo!), so I shall try my best to get something done. :D

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Sorry guys, I wish I could say there was a post, but I think this is more important...

As you should know, there is enough fire in Southern California right now to cover half of Rhode Island. I am in the middle of this giant circle of fire, so I have been breating nothing but ash and smoke for 3 days. I already know dozens of people who have lost their homes, my teacher included.

PLEASE, if you guys can do nothing else, just pray for us all. The flames are only getting worse. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine, but pray for everyone else.

9. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I was so worried about you when I heard the fire had swept thru Ramona and on to Julian. I wasn't sure where you were other than Temecula area. I'm caught between the "Old" fire near you and the Grand Prix/San Bernardino fires. Tons of ash and smoke but, thank heavens, no flames here.

Hold tight!!

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kit! I'm glad you're okay as well!!

We're still stuck with the smoke, but Pendleton's almost gone, so the smoke's kinda cleared up.. but we're still getting a lot of smoke from Escondido and San Bernadino... :(

Hope everyone's all right!!

11. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Will add you to my prayer list along with everyone else in that area. Take care of yourself.

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm copying your siggy into mine NOT ONLY DO WE NEED RAIN IN SO. CAL. WE NEED A MIRACLE You are sooo right

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thank you SO much both of you...

Well the good news for today is that the Pendleton fire is completely out, and the Mountain Fire is like 90% out, so I am completely safe now. However, that still does nothing for those in Simi Valley, San Diego, and San Bernadino. :(

14. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
  15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    RAIN!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO... I think our rain dance worked... ;)

16. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Rain, wonderful rain!

But no little trick or treaters because they're afraid to get wet :(

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Awww... I went trick or treating (hey, 17 IS NOT too old :p ) in full Reneissance costume last night.. darn skirt got caught on EVERYTHING.

But it was great cuz it didn't rain until like 8:30... and me and my buddy had already filled our bags by then, so we were sitting on the cough watching The Mummy. :D

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    cool colors

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thank ya, Kit. :D

Too bad they'll be gone tomorrow. :(

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm SO sorry that it took so long!! I know this won't make up for the lost time, but it's a start!!

Neither Obi-Wan nor Leikele could find the comfort of sleep as they returned to camp. The small makings of a fire had gone out, Koma quickly adding more fuel and relighting the flames. The fire added to the already warm night, yet the three travelers felt nothing but cold numbness. They found no appetite, only staring blankly into the flames.

Koma had begun to doze off, his head once more in his sister?s lap, her hand deftly stroking his black hair. Her brown eyes were clouded in confusion, her mind torn between sadness and horror. She did not deny that she felt no pity for the man, but there was still a degree of horridness at his death.

Obi-Wan dared not intrude upon her thoughts, sitting away from her, yet close enough to protect her if necessary. He could sense her internal conflict easily, the lines of worry etched across her face.

Did I do the right thing? The same question plagued Obi-Wan?s mind, repeating itself over and over only to find that he did not have an answer. Yes, he was correct in protecting himself and Leikele, but to go as far as to kill him? I am not totally at fault? It was his fault that we were on the cliff and couldn?t move? And yet it had been he that had dealt that fatal blow. If he had not kicked, Kilikia would not have fallen to his death.

No, but he might have taken me with him, Obi-Wan remembered. He let out a small sigh, flicking a small leaf into the fire. He heard nothing but the cracking of the fire and the wind as it blew through the trees, an eerie silence resting upon them.

Leikele?s unmoving eyes gave away her wandering mind, Obi-Wan not finding anything interesting in the particular spot that she was looking at. Her brows remained furrowed as she thought about the events. Her lifts barely moved, her voice murmuring ?Kepeli??

Obi-Wan blinked then looked at her. ?Sorry??

Leikele finally broke from her trance, shaking her head and blinking slowly. ?I was just thinking about when we return? What shall we tell them? What will we tell Kepeli, Kilikia?s father??

?The truth, of course!? Obi-Wan said hotly. ?The fact that he attacked us??

?No!? Leikele exclaimed. ?We cannot tell them the truth! Do you not see?? At Obi-Wan?s look of confusion, she continued. ?If we told the truth to Kepeli and the rest of Kapaa, it could lead to war.?

?So we are to lie?? Obi-Wan asked incredulously.

?Yes,? Leikele answered softly. ?It is better the fake mourning than to fight a war.?

Obi-Wan nodded his head, seeing her reasoning. The son of the chief of Kapaa found dead, the only witnesses being a woman and a foreigner. ?They would think we were lying if we spoke the truth,? Obi-Wan concluded.

Leikele nodded her head. ?We shall tell them that he fell by accident. He was praising Pele when she demanded his presence in her world, taking the cliff from beneath him.?

Obi-Wan cocked his head at her. ?And they will actually believe that junk??

Leikele, though slightly offended, nodded. ?Yes. There will be a time of mourning in both Kapaa and Lihue for Kilikia, even though he will not deserve it.? She gazed into the fire once more, her thoughts consuming her. Silence broke between them once more, Obi-Wan adding more fuel to the dwindling fire. He carefully watched her out of the corner of his eye, seeing her head start to subconsciously shake from side to side. ?What is it??

Her trance was broken once more, Leikele slowly raising her eyes to meet his. ?I? I was wondering what would drive a man to do what he did? Why did he want to kill you so badly??

Obi-Wan let out a sigh. ?I do not know. There are only two plausible explanations, one being that he was just a cruel and twisted man, but we do not want to assume that.?

Leikele nodded. ?And the other??

?The other? My other guess is that he was, well?. Jealous.?

Leikele furrowed her brows in confusion. ?I am not famil

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Very nice conversation between them

22. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh my that was wonderful. Hoping to cover up their deed. Hmmm I will wait to see what happens next.

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kit and Crystal, thanks! :) Glad to know I still got it. ;)

24. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

Not out of the fire yet Obi!

I won't complain about how long it took to see a post, because I'm in that same boat ;)

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks Jodi.

I have one more week until Thanksgiving break, so hopefully I can get more done! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.