main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Ohhhhh MY... Final Specs for the Special Edition LotR DVD set...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    borrowed from the Toronto board:

These are the official final specs for the 4-disc Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Special Extended DVD Edition release due out on November 12th:

Disc 1 and 2 - Extended Version of the Film

208 minute Extended Cut

Anamorphic Widescreen (Aspect Ratio 2.35:1)

English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX
    English DTS 6.1 ES
    Isolated 5.1 Sound Effects Mix
    Isolated 5.1 Music Track

Commentary Track One with the director and writers (Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens

Commentary Track Two with members of the design team (Grant Major, Ngila Dickson, Richard Taylor, Alan Lee, John Howe, Dan Hennah, Chris Hennah and Tania Rodger)

Commentary Track Three with members of the production and post-production team (Barrie Osborne, Mark Ordesky, Andrew Lesnie, John Gilbert, Rick Porras, Howard Shore, Jim Rygiel, Ethan Van der Ryn, Mike Hopkins, Randy Cook, Christian Rivers, Brian Van't Hull, Alex Funke)

Commentary Track Four with members of the cast (Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Liv Tyler, Sean Astin, John Rhys-Davies, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan, Orlando Bloom, Christopher Lee and Sean Bean)

Disc Three - The Appendices Part I: From Book to Vision

J.R.R. Tolkien-Creator of Middle-earth featurette.

From Book to Script featurette.

Visualizing the Story section featuring Storyboards and Pre-viz featurette.

Designing and Building Middle-earth section featurette.

Designing Middle-earth featurette.

Costume Design featurette.

Weta Workshop featurette, design galleries including The Enemy, The Last Alliance, Isengard, The Fellowship, Rivendell and Lothlorien.

Interactive Middle-earth Atlas with timeline.

New Zealand as Middle-earth intertactive map with video.

Disc introduction with director Peter Jackson.

Disc 4 - The Appendices Part II: From Vision to Reality

Filming section featuring a production photo gallery and the The Fellowship of the Cast featurette.

A Day in the Life of a Hobbit featurette, Cameras in Middle-earth featuette.

Visual Effects section and featuette.

Post-Production section featuring Editorial featuette and a multi-angle presentation.

Digital Grading featuette.

Sound and Music featuette and Sound Design Demo.

The Soundscapes of Middle-earth featurette.

Music for Middle-earth featurette.

The Road Goes Ever On featuette.

Disc introduction with director Peter Jackson.

This is well over 30 Hours of content spread across the 4 Discs, as well as DVD-ROM features, which are said to be very extensive, including photos, sketches, and other behind the scenes content.

I gotta say that I am probably looking forward to this DVD just a micron more than I am looking forward to AotC, simply because I know that there was so much more in LotR and I am looking forward to seeing some of the stuff that was either cut or not included in the theatrical release...

The book is so in depth that they could have made 3 movies out of the first book alone, so I can't wait to see all the stuff he is going to pack into this release... :)

Of course, this isn't to say that I am not looking forward to AotC too... November is going to be a VERY expensive month... :D

Indy

2. astrozombie

astrozombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2002
    I hear yah, Indy. I'm salivating in anticipation!!!...and if any other Edmonton FanForce members are remotely interested, perhaps November could hold a few gatherings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.