main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ohio collecting club

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by spooky-kid, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    anyone here a member?

2. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    I'm not, but I did see them at CIII! n_n;; Why do you ask?

3. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
  4. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    A Ohio collecting club? Maybe that's why I can't find figs #41 and higher...What do groups of people go out to the stores and buy all the hard to find figs and then distribute them among the group?

5. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I need one of the Ohio Collecting Club patches from C3. I got the 2 from the other 2 collecting clubs but am missing the Ohio one. Please Help!

I got a 501st Carolina Garrison patch I can trade if I need to.

6. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    It sure seems that way, doesn't it, Sean?

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    It's not like that... Plus, I still don't have #33 and higher....

8. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    I joined that club payed 5 bucks and dont know how the hell it works. Also about the figures the ones #33 or higher are the hard ones to find i was at Myrtle Beach ( just got home as i type this) and found and got everyone above #33 BUT 36, 38, and 39. I think #40 is as high as the go for now that is Mos Amedda. Also the are 2 differant #23's The Blue Guard or the Red Guard ive seen a few blue but only one Red and got it so the Red one is the harder one to get. Hope this helps.

9. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    The Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club is a very respectable organization and from what I know there is no standing agreement that members hoarde all the new figures and hand them out at their meetings. There may be some members that purchase extra's to trade for the ones they cannot find, but buying up all the figures for the express purpose of hoarding all they can for the group is highly doubtful.

The reason why you can't find higher than 41 is due to them just being released. They are in hot demand and I wouldn't be too surprised if individual collectors didn't put their extras on EBAY to help alleviate their financial strain of collecting.

What Jedie_Junkie should have done with the extra C3 Vaders was to bring them home and sell them to those who couldn't make it to C3 or went to the disaester that was the C3 store and sold them to the ones who actually made it but who was turned away from Gen-Cons own self stupidity and ignorance.

Your vendors took a healthy proffit from you wanting to lighten your load.

10. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I was very fortunate that a good friend of mine was able to pick one up for me while he was there. I was in a local comic store yesterday and saw that they had purchased Vaders from people at C3 and are now selling them for $100! I asked them if they really think anyone will pay that much and they got mad at me, Oh well I guess if they can sleep at night that's all that matters.

11. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Seeming to do something, and actually doing it are different things. I wasn't accusing the OSWCC of hoarding figures, I was just agreeing that's what it seems like considering the difficulty of finding certain figures. But depending on who you ask, some people would consider collecting in general 'hoarding'. We're all collectors here though, so we know better; or atleast one would hope so.

As for the Vader figures, I offered to sell my figures or help people get figures at C3 a few times, and if it weren't for the photographers trying to get Angel and Ludo's pictures we were going to offer to help them get their souvenirs as well. I explained why I sold my figures to the vendors in the collectors thread, but I suppose I can explain it here as well. I was afraid I wouldn't get the turn around I did with the vendors. I might be able to sell them on Ebay for $70 a piece, but I'm not willing to take that risk and possibly be stuck with almost $100 in figures gathering dust in my attic. I did that with the Jorg Saculs and stupid things are still in my attic. DX

12. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    JediJunk you wouldnt have one of those from the CIII and CII figures i can buy from you do you?

13. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    ok, back to the ohio collecting club patch, does anyone have a extra. I'll trade a Carolina Garrison 501st patch for one. Please it's the only one I need of the 3.

14. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    xD - Sorry, Spooky. I don't think anyone here has one. You might actually be better off checking the collector's forum.

And Shawn, I'll take a look around and see if I can find those Saculs. =)

15. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    another attempt to find a Ohio Collecting Club Patch from C3..... aNYONE?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.