Ohio Fanforce Alliance Cookout

Discussion in 'Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Jun 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    This is not to be confused with the Cookout that I am hosting on Sunday June 29th. On Saturday August 2nd at a place called Darby park in Columbus, Ohio we have all been invited to a state wide FanForce Cookout. Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton and possibly Pittsburgh will be attending. The cookout will begin around noon and continue the rest of the afternoon. I will definetely be going to this so anyone that needs a ride just let me know and I would be glad to give you a lift to and from. I urge you all to try to be able to attend this, not just because it will be cool to mingle with other Star Wars fans, But because there will be friendly games and competitions between the FanForces. I figure the more members of the Fellowship that come, The better our chances of being the Supreme Fanforce in Ohio! So clear your calendar on August 2nd and May the Force be with you all. :)
  2. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    I won't be able to make it, I'm already going to Columbus the following week for Maiden's concert.
  3. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    WooHoo, count me in! I might need to hitch a ride with you, Sean, and thanks in advance if I do really get to go. o_O Do we bring dishes to this... Cookout?
  4. DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master

star 2
    I can't make the August 2nd cookout, because I am in grad school classes every Saturday.
  5. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not sure about if we are going to bring dishes or not but I would assume that we should bring some dishes. Afterall Columbus is renting the place in the park, I think it would only be right. :)
  6. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I won't be able to attend the August 2nd cookout in Columbus. I just realized that I have another commitment to attend to on that day. I encourage all of you to still go though, It should be alot of fun and alot of people from all the other Fanforces will be there.
  7. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, fizzit. Sorry to hear that Sean. Is anyone from the Dayton Fanforce even planning to attend? I know I'd love to, but as I said earlier I'll probably need a lift.
  8. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Just checking to see who's coming from Dayton...sorry I won't get the chance to meet you (again) Sean, this stuff happens.

Looking forward to meeting anyone from Dayton, Jedi_Junkie...I'd offer to give you a lift, but I'm on the wrong end of the state ;)

Hope some of you can make this!!
  9. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedi Junkie, you should check with Padawan our CR, he is going, and I think he mentioned space left in his car!!
  10. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    Maybe I will! -- I do think, though, I might be able to get my mum to drop me off, at the least. <_<
  11. corranhornjje Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll try to make an apperance as well, haven't been up to the Columbus group in a while and looking forward to seeing the Clevland/Akron crowd again. JediJunkie, if you need a ride I'm driving so give me a shout.
  12. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks for the ride, 'Jake'. <_< I hope to see some other Dayton people in Columbus! I'm bringin' cookies, will that work as a bribe? They're homemade, they are!
  13. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the help guys in kicking all the other FF in both Sabers and Trivial Pursuit!
  14. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey, not much of a problem for my part.
    Next year: better saber, different trivia, more Daytoners.
    It was such a blast, great company, and many thanks to the people who grilled the great food, orchestrated the event, and Cleveland for giving up their title to the southies. :D I hope we can do this again next year, or sooner!
  15. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Cleveland for giving up their title to the southies
    Don't get too comfortable...we plan on taking it back next year!

It was good to see you again corranhornjje!

Maybe Dayton and Cincy could host All Ohio Fanforce Cookout 2004?
  16. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    So us Clevelander's can drive even FARTHER! :D More Walkie-talkie time!
  17. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    I think Cincy or Dayton hosting the event next year would be a great idea. We'd have home field advantage, too.

Aww, poor Cleveland! Maybe we should hold it in Newport, just to make you suffer! Or maybe at a park no one's heard of! <_<
  18. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I am glad to hear that you all had a great time. Props to the Cincy/Dayton members on showing the Northerners how it's done. I would be honored to have Dayton be the host city next year. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.