main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Oi! Let's get some excitement happening!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Jul 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Just hang medical quarantine border tape where you want them to stay away from, they will :)

2. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I't about 530 klms I think.

I'll let you know on Sunday after I have driven there and back.

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Have you got a specific location picked for that FA? I'd love to go along for that.

4. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    We're all over the place. Filming for two weeks, starting on the 2nd of October. I'll have to check with Mr Director Sir to find out what days we need all hands on deck and get back to you.

5. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Just a little question FA, what's your actual position on the crew?

6. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    now that's the type of question where the obvious answer is 'read the website'

7. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    It's also the kind of question that could be answered here, and I asked FA, not the webpage.

EDIT: I just tried the webpage, and it's not responding.

8. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    hhmm ... works perfectly fine for me ...

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, seeing the webpage is working again, I went there and found this entry:

Script Supervisor/Continuity:
    *insert name*

Obviously FA's real name was in it, but I don't think she likes her name being on here, anyway.

I only asked because I was looking at what she does, as per the Knighthood website and LJ and her personal LJ and I was curious, because she seems to be filling roles and tasks that would be the domain of the following crew positions:

Unit
    1st Assistant Director
    Producer
    Assistant Producer
    Media Relations/Publicity

Now I know that on a non-professional project you're going to have people filling multiple roles, (actually, it also happens on professional projects too.) but just from where I sit, I watch FA run around organising people and places, and generally doing things that really should be taken care of by other crew members.

I wish you all the best in making this film, I really do, because some of my friends are in it and putting in some very hard work on it, and it would be sad to see that work fail.

Now, I know that one or two people will flame hell out of me for saying this, but that really won't help anything. It's just my opinion and I'm calling it as I see it.

But all in all, well done on the film thus far, and from what I read in the actual thread for it SaintHeart, I can see you're getting that butterfly feeling just before you get to see the fruits of your labours ripen, enjoy the ride dude, because it will take over everything you do :)

Oh and FA, from what I've seen you do, you should get yourself into a film course with a producing stream, you have the organisational know how and talent to really make something of it. With training in industry standard procedures and some polishing, you could be another Barrie Osbourne :)

10. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Well, I think you sorta expected a post from me...

We are all impressed with FA's commitment to this project.. And we have said many times that we appreciate it!..

We have been working on this project for nearly a year.. It started as a seed and now its a flower about to blossom! (corny but thats the best way to describe it) And if it wasnt for FA I dont think it would have got to this stage at all...

But I just wanna advise that all of us do our fair share of running around... from picking up other cast members.. to getting together for a production meeting... or having meetings with the FTI to the petty sessions - quiz night organisation! I think we all do our fair share....

Personally I would like to work more on the film, but with work commitments its really hard... and that doesnt just go for me....

SM, theres no need to start a flame war, opinions are duely noted... but theres no need to post about something that you dont really have anything to do with... and have No idea what other people are doing.

Anyways thats it from me... and thanks for the all the best comment... :)

11. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    But I just wanna advise that all of us do our fair share of running around...

No need to convince me.

opinions are duely noted... but theres no need to post about something that you dont really have anything to do with... and have No idea what other people are doing.

As I said, I was stating my opinion from where I see things As for having not having anything to do with it, when I was asked to help out with a production meeting and give some advice, I believe it was you that spat the dummy and threatened to quit if I turned up, despite the fact that I wanted no part of this film's production and was merely helping out some friends by doing what they asked me to do.

SM, theres no need to start a flame war,

Not starting one, and if your response was in any way inviting one, you would have been on your own with it, I'm not interested in flame wars. As I said, I was merely posting my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, that's fine, but I'm not going to start calling you names because you don't see my POV as having any worth, that's your perogative.

Good luck with the film, I mean it, the last thing I want to see you guys do is waste a whole year on something that didn't turn out due to lack of planning and organisation.

Making movies is after all a lot harder in practice than it seems at first glance isn't it? ;)

12. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I think SM's just used to posts being taken the wrong way so he was expecting the worst right? :p

13. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Not too far off the mark, you... you smelly person. :p

14. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I think nearly everyone has at least more then one role in the production of this film. To list them all on the site would be ... well ... too long! :p Safe to say this is going to be an entertaining and well thought out little fan film, and I'm very much looking forward to getting my butt kicked by Mankey, among many other jobs :p

15. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Twice, Kart. :D

You get your butt kicked (or at least cauterised ;) twice. :)

Which is all good, because I get my face smacked all over the shop by Shadow before the end :)

16. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    And I get to sit back and laugh. And the only way most of you will know it's me is by looking at the credits... Ahh the Invisi-Goth strikes again! :D

17. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Ah! You just reminded me I've got to go and put the invisible mask on the costumes list for Ron's list of stuff we need!

*runs off to scribble*

:D

18. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    oh nice to know my hard work wasn't given a mention ;)

Guess what! I got the ****ing chicken pox! mother****ers. Thank god it's not the other string of herpes, the missu wouldn't be too pleased with that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.