main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Oidhche et Fàiredàn Trilogy I: Aftershock" Completed 11 July!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Don't tempt me! I would use this Ring from a desire to do evil- I mean, good!

Hmm . . . It's POSSIBLE . . .

Heh heh heh!

Dana

P.S. Happy 2004. Crap, now I have to get used to writing 4 instead of 3.

2. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Dana you crazy girl! glad to read your posts!!!!! it's been so long!

Jez

3. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm glad to POST!

Dana

4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    *faints dead away*

You posted! HAPPY!

Jacen! He's so cute! Pair him up with Tahiri! :D He was so funny! And the baby was born! YAY!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Nope. Not gonna pair Jacen with Tahiri. I have plans for both of them, and they don't involve each other.

Dana

6. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    that was very cool
    i feel sorry for Jacen

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Here's more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaina leaned into her brother's room. "Jacen? Can I come in?"

Jacen didn't look up. He was lying on his bunk, one arm and his face over the edge. "I can't stop you, Mistress Durron."

Jaina flinched. Jacen didn't sound at all happy about this. "Jace, um . . . about that . . ."

Jacen sat up. "You're *MARRIED* to *KYP* *DURRON*?! Blaster bolts, Jaya, what were you *THINKING*?!"

She took a step back. "I thought you'd at least be happy for me."

"You married a murderer!" he burst out.

"He's changed!" she shot back. "We have a Jedi Council now, because of Kyp. He formed it. And he pulled me back from the dark side after-"

She stopped. Jacen stared at her for several moments.

"You went to the dark side?" His voice was quiet, dismayed, and a little guilty.

Jaina turned away. "I, um, strayed down the path a little too far," she said. "After losing you and Anakin. I thought I was the last one, and . . . I lost it a little."

"I felt you go cold," he said. "That's why I blocked you out."

"That's why I couldn't feel you for so long?!" she demanded, turning back. "You blocked me out? I needed you, Jacen!"

"It seems you turned out pretty well, considering you had Master Durron for guidance." Jacen's voice dripped with sarcasm.

She slapped him.

"I don't know what you've been through these last ten months, but I've been through hell. I lost two of my brothers, battled the dark side, took grief from just about everyone because of Kyp, and for a while didn't even know who my babies' father was, because Zekk used mind control on me and- And now you're demeaning my husband."

Jacen was staring at her.

"Kyp's changed. There isn't a Kyp's Dozen anymore. They were all wiped out. He flies under Twin Suns Squadron now. I'm his commanding officer, actually."

There was a long pause. When Jacen spoke, he said, "That's what no one would discuss at dinner. Zekk. That's why you got so upset when I asked about him."

"Yes," she said, barely audible. "He, uh, used the Force to convince me he was Kyp. Kyp happened to be in a meeting with Uncle Luke at the time, which I didn't know. He, Kyp, I mean, knew something was wrong, and he went after Zekk. Aunt Dana stopped the fight, and the Council tried Zekk. They exiled him. Took his lightsaber."

"Why did he do it?"

Jaina looked at her hands. "He was jealous. We don't know why, other than that. He wouldn't speak at his trial. And then he took his ship and left. No one's seen him since."

"How are you doing?" Jacen asked quietly.

"I'm good," she said. "I'm looking forward to when I can pop these two out and get back to flying."

"How far are you?"

Jaina took Jacen's hand and placed it on her stomach. One of the twins kicked in response.

"Eight months," she said. "So it's pretty much any time now. I'm expecting boys, by the way. We're naming them Zeth and Anakin. One's obvious, but the other is Kyp's brother, who died."

"Who Kyp killed."

"Accidentally," she amended.

"Do you love him? I can't imagine that. The last time I saw you, you hated Kyp. Wanted him to be eaten by a Krayt dragon, as I recall." Jacen smiled.

She chuckled. "Well, yes. But . . . things changed. It took some pretty intense arguments--two of which involved lightsabers--and some near-death experiences to wake us both up. But I love him. I was surprised when I realised I didn't hate him anymore. But that was pretty much the same moment I realised I loved him. I didn't forgive him for a lot until we'd been married a little while, but things have been working so far."

Jacen sighed. "I missed your wedding."

"We'll have another one, with everyone invited. It was a really small thing the first time. Just before Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara went to Coruscant."

"You still call her Aunt Mara?"

Jaina sat down, a soft smile on her face. "This must all be a shock for you. Aunt Dana is the Jedi we found on the worldship at Myrkr. The unconscious one. Apparently,

8. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    You were busy while I was gone. Great posts. :D

~~Jilly

9. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Yay! New posts! Loved 'em all... poor Jacen, too much to take in at the moment.

"What one would that be?"

"The J-type 327 Nubian." When Jacen looked blank, she said, "The big, shiny one in the hangar."

Oh my goodness, loved it loved it loved it. Totally accurate dialogue.

"Jaina, what's this goddess thing everyone's talking about?"

Wow, never considered that Jacen wouldn't have a clue about that... but of course you're right.

And the last thing that made me crack up so hard my brothers had to ask me what was wrong:

"Darth Chicken".

Oh lord. Tell me that's Vergere! You may have invented Captain Cardboard, but that one's the best yet!

-Saber

10. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Dana!!!

This is soooooo great!!!!

I get back and there's like 4 posts waiting!! this is awesome!! loved them all!!!

Poor Jace!! His head must be exploding from all that he's being told!!

Darth Chicken????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I didn't come up with Darth Chicken. I got that off the Literature board. But, yes, it's Vergere.

Dana

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Here's more. :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaina knocked at the door of the Antilles quarters. It opened a moment later. Iella Wessiri stood there, looking bemused.

"Uh, hi. Is Wedge here?"

Smiling, Iella motioned to one of the rooms branching off from the main room. Jaina nodded her thanks and headed in that direction. She paused in the doorway and smiled when she saw Wedge, the famous general who'd made life a living hell for the Imperials and turned Rogue Squadron into the elite force it was, sitting between the two beds, a child in each, reading them "The Little Lost Bantha Cub". She knew the story well, and looked forward to reading it to her children someday.

Her children. Jaina placed a hand on her stomach, feeling the twins move.

Wedge noticed Jaina Durron standing in the door, but continued reading the story to Syal and Myri. From the look on the visitor's face, she enjoyed the story just as much as his daughters did.

He kissed them both goodnight and tucked them in, then followed Jaina from the room.

"Lieutenant," he inquired. "Can I do something for you?"

"I hope so, General." Jaina looked at him for several moments, then said, "Don't bring Jacen into the Insiders. Not until we've got the Yuuzhan Vong eradicated."

Wedge was surprised. "I have to ask. Why?"

"Because he's spent ten months with the Yuuzhan Vong. He didn't tell us what they did to him. He let us know immediately he wouldn't. That makes me suspicious. I realise he could have changed drastically in that time, but he just doesn't feel quite like Jacen to me. He's there on the surface, but . . . Well, Kyp got the same reading from him, and when I talked to Uncle Luke, he was also concerned. I haven't talked to my parents yet . . ."

"You think he could be a spy?" Iella asked bluntly.

Jaina looked between them for a moment, then said, "If he is, he doesn't know it. He could be like the Hapan pirates Kyp and I dealt with. Or it could be he's just Jacen. He's my brother, my twin, and I'm happier than anything to have him back. But I don't want to immediately trust him."

"She's right," Iella said. "We didn't detect Tam Elgrin until he got panicked and escalated his espionage, rather sloppily."

"That was sloppy from the beginning," Wedge said. "But we didn't realise it was him."

"He's going to realise we're suspicious," Jaina said.

"With reason," Iella pointed out. "The Jacen Solo I've known for years would understand. He's a smart kid."

Jaina still looked troubled.

"What's on your mind?" Wedge asked.

"Jacen asked me about the goddess routine."

Wedge looked at Iella, then back at Jaina. "Everyone calls you Great One, or Goddess. He's bound to have picked up on that."

"The Yuuzhan Vong know that everyone refers to me as Goddess," Jaina said. "I've been acting as Yun-Harla for months now. Surely word reached Jacen about that. I think that the Vong wouldn't hesitate to tell Jacen about that, if his twin were doing something that drastic to annoy them."

Iella nodded. "So either he doesn't know, hasn't heard anything, is asking as a spy, or is asking as a genuinely confused brother who's heard it all but wants to know *why* everyone's treating his sister like a goddess."

"I hope it's the last option," Jaina said quietly.

"I think we all do," Wedge said. He glanced in the direction of his daughters' room. "Because if they managed to turn Jacen into a spy, what are we going to do against a Jedi?"

Dana

13. SaberBlade

Sep 19, 2001
    Wooo, another post! Me likes.... are we going to go back to Dana and Luke soon?

-Saber

14. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Dang!! Oooh! And I really should be in bed but I had to read this.

A Jedi spy for the YV... I like! Keep writing more!

And more mush, if you have it. :)

Oh, and Dana, the whole stint about using the ring for good? :p. Uh huh. Right.

-Mia

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    More. Might not post more for a while, I need to find my notebook, and I don't want to run out of posts if that takes a while.

Kyp wasn't in their quarters when Jaina got there. She reached out for him and located him at the Skywalker quarters, along with her parents. He responded with what felt like a light brush of lips on her cheek, touched slightly by worry and a hint of caution.

When she got there, everyone looked at her expectantly. Jaina wasted no time and got right to the point, explaining her entire conversation with the Antilles.

Han was slightly offended anyone could be suspicious of Jacen, but had to admit that there was a good dose of experience behind their suspicion. "So what do we do, cut him out of everything until we know for sure? 'Cause that'll immediately alert the Vong that something's up. If he's a spy."

Luke looked thoughtful. "We'll just act as if there *isn't* a rebellion. That shouldn't be too hard, we've been doing it for months with anyone who isn't an insider."

"Like it did Jaina, the question about her role as Yun-Harla alarms me," Dana murmured. "It could very well be an innocent question, but I would strongly advise that it be included with the Insiders. Currently, only Insiders know for certain that Jaina isn't Yun-Harla, and if we were to let Jacen know that, but not tell him about the Rebel Alliance, we would still be opening ourselves up for possible downfall."

"I have to wonder why he's back *now*. And how?" Kyp looked around the group, and settled on Dantana. "You weren't exactly eager to tell everyone what happened to you, but you didn't flat-out state that you wouldn't. If we asked, you answered in the way you were able."

"True," Dana said.

"I don't like the idea of Jacen as a spy," Leia said. "None of us can really read him, and that worries me. It's like Jaina was before and during Hapes."

"Only no one could read Jaina," Kyp said, casting a glance at his wife. "She was shielding, very well, I might add. This, this is different. I can speak from experience, having spent a lot of time with Jaina during that."

"It's like Jacen *is* Jacen, but not," Katrael put in, speaking for the first time. "As if he's learned a new method of shielding, or a part of him is . . . gone."

"It can be difficult to detect the dark side," Luke said. "Initially, when you, Jaina, came back from Myrkr, you just exuded it. Like a blanket of cold. Then you threw up shields. It could be Jacen has done the same thing."

"I don't think so," Kyp said. "I don't feel any anger from him, except, naturally, aimed at me. But it isn't rage. It's natural annoyance and anger that he missed everything between Jaina and myself. He doesn't trust me, but I don't think he ever has."

"No, he's still upset," Jaina said.

"I've been to the dark side, and while Jaina shielded herself to protect others from her slide, which really wasn't that far, though too far," Kyp amended quickly, "I know what fuels the dark side, and even though I couldn't feel it in Jaina, I could sense it through the changes in her personality. Personality-wise, Jacen Solo is still the Jacen Solo we all knew ten months ago, a little older, a lot wiser, possibly, and he's lived through something not many of us can relate to, except maybe Tahiri, Dana, and Danni Quee."

"Tahiri's missing a few asteroids from her belt," Jaina said. "And Miko Reglia went through it. We know what Danni and Jacen said just a few days did to him."

A cord of tension snapped taut in Kyp at the mention of his first apprentice, who had died three years before. Miko had also been his friend, one of his only. Jaina took his hand and tried to ease his sudden grief. She felt a small peak of surprise in Kyp; he'd thought he'd gotten past Miko's death long ago.

Everyone was silent for a long time, then Luke placed his hands on the table. "What I propose we do is this: Don't tell Jacen of the Insiders, and don't tell him anything about Jaina's goddess

16. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    OOH! I get the first reply!! Poor Jaina! Her own twin a suspected spy. :( This was a great post, Dana! I hope you find your notebook soon! Can't wait for more!!!

17. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    More!! More soon! I think you should put a homing beacon on your notebooks, that sucks that they keep going missing. (Or you could just wait to have Craig hand it back to you at your mother's brothel...) Sorry, couldn't resist, mate. Every time you mention a missing notebook...

-Mia

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    If Craig's got it, I hope he brings it back before Feb 24 . . . ;)

Dana

19. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    coolies. i want more more

:_| bout Jace though

20. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Wow..... I've missed a lot. But this is great! Can't wait for more. Anna

21. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great posts Dana.

~~Jilly

22. EBrooklynW

EBrooklynW Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    Great posts Dana! now what you need to do is finish this story, like you said you woulld in JULY, and post that J/K AU one you've told me about. :)

~EBW

P.S. Chocolate covered Kyps if you finish it up in a month ;)

23. SaberBlade

Sep 19, 2001
    "Tahiri's missing a few asteroids from her belt," Jaina said.

LOL!!

That was great. More anytime soon?

-Saber

24. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

DUDE, DANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed three posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I'll tell you why everyone disappeared. You never changed the subject bar!! :D :D

At least that's why I missed those last three. I check the date every day, but it hadn't changed in almost a month.

Well, ok, I'll try to remember to check every once in a while anyway. :) :) :D

MORE SOON????!!!?!?!?!!?

~~Austyn

25. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I change the subject bar every single time I update.

More soon, but I can't be sure how soon.

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.