main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Oidhche et Fàiredàn Trilogy I: Aftershock" Completed 11 July!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

You know, everyone keeps saying that, and it's NOT showing up on my ATN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( :( :( :( :(

Somethings wrong with my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Ok, well, the moral of the story is Austyn needs to check on her favorite fics more often, and not automatically trust an archaeic box of circuits to do it for her. :) I'll do better next time. :) :D

More soon, please, Dana????!?!?!?!?!

2. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    The ATNS are down right now, again, at least they are in my one email program. Don't know what is going on. Watch, they'll spit out at me in great hordes in a few days.

~~Jilly

3. Daughterofflame

Sep 11, 2003
    Great!!!! Nice to know I'm the only ones they refuse to cooperate with.

Actually, I disabled the "notification" part of mine about two months ago, cuz it kept clogging my email.

So I just check the activity date on my subscription list. If it shows activity, I check it.

With this one, though, because Dana has so many readers, I stopped going by the date on the activity screen, and just checking Dana's date on the subject bar.

which is where the problem comes in. I swear, the sub bar never once changed on the list.

Oh well, I just spent a really long time explaining why I feel this incessant need to complain.

I'll end it better.

MORE SOON??????!!?!?!?!?!?! PLEASE???!?!?!?!?!

4. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    WOW!!

These posts were GREAT!!

I can't wait to see what happens with Jacen...

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    great posts all caught up now can't wait for more :D

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Oh, what could this be? Hmm . . .

-------------------------------------------------------

"I just have to know why everyone's acting like I'm a mutant or something," Jacen announced, setting down his fork.

Three days had passed since he'd returned, and finally, he couldn't stand the odd treatment any longer.

Everyone stopped and looked at him. Han set down his glass, and Leia looked down at her plate. After an incredibly long silence, Jaina, sitting across from Jacen today, spoke.

"We haven't seen you in a long time, Jace. And you were with the Yuuzhan Vong for so long. We don't know what happened to you, and you haven't told us. We've had trouble with a lot of spies recently, and, well . . ."

Jacen stared at her for several long moments, then looked at his parents, his aunt and uncle, and General Antilles.

Then he burst out laughing. "You think I'm a spy!" he said, his shoulders shaking.

"Jacen, this isn't funny," Leia said.

"I know," her son said, still laughing helplessly. "I just can't get over the fact you think I'm a spy!"

Kyp reached across the table and grabbed Jacen. "Get ahold of yourself!"

Jacen drew back and forced himself to stop laughing. His face was red and tears trailed down his cheeks. "I'm sorry. I can't help it. Actually, I'd be worried if you didn't think I was a spy, but still . . ."

He wiped at the tears on his cheeks and took a calming breath. "Hey, I've got a joke for you. What happened to the young Jedi Knight who was captured by the Yuuzhan Vong and spent ten months as their prisoner?"

When no one answered, Jacen delivered the punchline, "He trained with a Jedi Knight named Vergere and learned how to detect Yuuzhan Vong with the Force."

Dana

7. Daughterofflame

Sep 11, 2003
    First reply!!!!!!!!! I think this is a first for me and this fic. Cooll!! :D :D Gotta love Jacen. :D More soon??!!!?!?!?!

~*~ Austyn

8. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh Jacen. Ooohhh Jacen. LOL - I love it. Great job, write more!! Anna

9. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    LOL!!

Good punch line!!

Although I really hope he isn't a spy!

10. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    that was cool

do we get a longer one next time

11. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Wow! I loved Jacen's joke! [face_laugh] [face_love] Hysterical!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

12. 1230kevin

1230kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
  13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Actually, that wasn't supposed to be funny . . .

I've got more written, but I've exhausted what I've got typed so far, so I need to locate which of my notebooks in the stack in my room has the next bit in it.

Dana

14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    this is sweet awesome update more soon

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Finally, a new post!

"It was . . . painful," Jacen said. "I don't have any idea how long I spent in the Embrace of Pain, but, well . . . After a while, the pain only . . ."

He stopped, as if trying ti find the words. "I hate it, but it sustained me. Helped me. And after it was determined I'd, uh . . . wouldn't be . . . subdued, I guess, they let me out and put me in what they called the Nursery. I had a slave seed implanted in my chest, but, well, to make a months-long story story short, I managed to connect to it, the dhuryam, that's now the World Brain for Yuuzhan'tar. I connected with it like I used to do with animals. And . . . It's like that buzzing Anakin used to describe."

"But you've got the slave seed in you," Jaina said, her voice weak. Kyp, sitting close beside her, gripped her hand.

"No. Vergere cut it out." Jacen sighed. "There's so [i]much[/i] to tell."

"Take your time," Luke murmured.

"The important thing that happened is that I learned there [i]isn't[/i] a Light or a Dark Side of the Force. There is [i]only[/i] the Force, and it doesn't take sides. [i]We[/i] take sides. [i]We[/i] make it into what we see as light or dark. But we limit ourselves, if we think in light or dark. We have to quanitfy things. But it isn't that way."

Jacen stood up, holding a hand up to stop several comments and protestations.

"Light and dark don't really apply. It's good or bad that apply. And we can't [i]really[/i] force the idea on people, of what's right or wrong. Sure, there are some basic truths, but . . .

"I did some things on Yuuzhan'tar that I'm not proud of. I tried to kill people, and I killed countless Vong. I used what you, Uncle Luke, would call the Dark Side. But I didn't kill needlessly. I used my anger, my rage and hate, to give me the strength to save lives. I didn't it it for revenge, I used Force lightning against the Yuuzhan Vong, but not to kill them. I brought down a wall with it, separating them away from me."

His sister stood up, her pregnant bulk sticking out before her. She gestured angrily at her brother. "I used Force lightning to kill Yuuzhan VOng. Are you saying that wasn't evil, wasn't the Dark Side?" she demanded. "What about Kyp, when he turned to the Dark Side and destroyed Carida? Was [i]that[/i] still just a point of view thing?"

"Jacen is right," Luke said. "In a way. There [i]is[/i] more to the Force than light and dark. As the perfect example, the Yuuzhan Vong. Or the Fallanassi. But where Jacen is wrong is this: there [i]is[/i] light and dark. If your intentions are good, and for the preservation of life, with no hate, [i]that[/i] is the light. The dark is [i]not[/i] what you did, Jacen. While you were angry, you didn't kill. The dark is evil. It's killing on a whim. Needless wasting of lives. For personal gain."

"The Force [i]may[/i] not have sides," Dana put in softly, from where she was sitting on the couch in front of Luke, Amidala in her arms. "But [i]we[/i] do. We quantify things, like you said. It's the only way we have learned to understand things. There [i]is[/i] a Light Side, and there [i]is[/i] a Dark Side. But it's not [i]necessarily[/i] the Force. It [i]is[/i] in us."

"She is right. So is Master Skywalker. So is Jacen."

The group turned as a whole to see Vergere standing in the doorway.

"It's only natural that divisions are made. And what you would call the Dark Side is the product of what Luke has said."

She came hopping into the room. The odd creature stopped by Jaina for a moment, eyed the woman's girth, and said, "Already? I must have lost track of time."

Vergere then looked around the room. "You searched for a new role for the Jedi, and a new understanding of the Force. You have the answers before you. You are protectors [i]and[/i] warriors."

"Sometimes the best defense is a properly executed offense," Dantana murmured.

Vergere turned to her and simply looked at her for a moment. "There are so many twins in this room, it is astounding."

She shook her head. "Tell me, Dantana."

Wondering how the bird-thi

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    whoa

that was a great post

can't wait for more

17. 1230kevin

1230kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
    ah more yoda wants

18. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post, Dana.

~~Jilly

19. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    Very insightful. Posts like that cause deep thinking. Make it stop! Deep thinking when you're sick isn't fun. lol Anyways.. Great post! Can't wait for more!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

20. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Yay, a post! Thanks for the pm, Dana. And it was quite the excellent post, even if it was a bit cliffhanger-ish. Grrr, not fair. Anyways, loved it as usual. Best line:

Vergere turned to her and simply looked at her for a moment. "There are so many twins in this room, it is astounding."

And when Jaina has hers, there will be even more... lol.

-Saber

21. Daughterofflame

Sep 11, 2003
    (*runs in panting*)
    *Whew* please tell me I'm not the last one to make my way here. (*looks around self-consciously *) Never mind. Don't answer that. I hate incriminating myself.
    Great post, Dana. Enjoyed both the deep-thinking theology, and the hidden humor. I really like Dantana's take on things. Too bad she wasn't the Chosen One. :p

More soon, maybe?

~*~ Austyn

Oh, and was that remark from Verghere about Jaina being pregnant already of any vision-like significance?

22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    JediFalcon - whoa

that was a great post

can't wait for more

Thanks. :)

1230kevin - ah more yoda wants

YODA wants more?

Jilly - Great post, Dana.

Thank you. :)

Babi_Tahiri - Very insightful. Posts like that cause deep thinking. Make it stop! Deep thinking when you're sick isn't fun. lol Anyways.. Great post! Can't wait for more!

Yeah, thinking when your head's stuffed up hurts.

SaberBlade - Yay, a post! Thanks for the pm, Dana. And it was quite the excellent post, even if it was a bit cliffhanger-ish. Grrr, not fair. Anyways, loved it as usual.

Thanks. :) I figured I'd PM people 'cause I know that not many people check the Classics board anymore.

Best line:

And when Jaina has hers, there will be even more... lol.

You're right . . . AND it will finally settled the Infamous Question.

Daughterofflame - (*runs in panting*)
    *Whew* please tell me I'm not the last one to make my way here. (*looks around self-consciously *) Never mind. Don't answer that. I hate incriminating myself.
    Great post, Dana. Enjoyed both the deep-thinking theology, and the hidden humor. I really like Dantana's take on things. Too bad she wasn't the Chosen One.

Thanks. And better late than never! Hidden humour? Did I stick more of that in there? ?[face_plain]

More soon, maybe?

Maybe. I'm working on it. :)

Oh, and was that remark from Verghere about Jaina being pregnant already of any vision-like significance?

Y'know, I think you're the only one that noticed I put that in there . . . For the answer to that, you may have to wait a looooooooooooooong time. Or else I just threw it in there to make people wonder. [face_devil]

Dana

23. EBrooklynW

EBrooklynW Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    You're evil. Period. Dot. End of sentance.

Great post.

Gimmie more.

~EBW

24. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    EBW - I have one thing to say to you.

And that is this:

:p

[face_laugh]

I'm working on the next update. I SHOULD have it done before the end of the week.

Dana

25. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    *swings in*

Thanks for the PM Dana!

awesome post..very enlightening :)

how is it that Vergere knows so much stuff?
    Like when she looked down at Jaina and said she had lost track of time?

But the Fosh wasn't looking at him. She was staring at Dantana with an unreadable expression.

Dantana just stared back.

I liked this line also....Was Vergere impressed with what Dana said? Or is she up to something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.