main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Oidhche et Fàiredàn Trilogy I: Aftershock" Completed 11 July!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    C3SoloPO - *swings in*

Thanks for the PM Dana!

No problem. :) And only 1/3 of the people I PM'd have showed . . .

awesome post..very enlightening

I just had to put down my thoughts on this whole there-is-no-dark-side thing. So I did. :)

how is it that Vergere knows so much stuff?
    Like when she looked down at Jaina and said she had lost track of time?

Hmmm. Very good question!

But the Fosh wasn't looking at him. She was staring at Dantana with an unreadable expression.

Dantana just stared back.

I liked this line also....Was Vergere impressed with what Dana said? Or is she up to something?

That's also a good question. I may not get to answering that for a while. A very long while. Just warning you.

Dana

2. xeryn_

xeryn_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2003
    I just read the entire fic in three hours. :D -beams and ignores her homework, for the moment- ;)

It's a very good story. :) I like all the characters and what you've done to them, I LOVE the language (hehe), and I love your (all-rounded) OCs.

Post? More? :D

3. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    xeryn_ - I just read the entire fic in three hours. -beams and ignores her homework, for the moment-

Wow. I've probably spent more than three hours avoiding homework to write this. Hee hee!

It's a very good story. I like all the characters and what you've done to them, I LOVE the language (hehe), and I love your (all-rounded) OCs.

Thank you. :) The language is still incomplete, but I'm considering, some day, fleshing it out.

I really appreciate it when someone tells me they like this story, because I've invested so much time and effort into this work.

Post? More?

Working on it. :) I've got two weeks left of school, and then SUMMER! Ha ha ha! I'll be freeeeeee!!!

Dana

4. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    xeryn ! I totally know what you mean...when I first found this fic, I was at school...I believe it was last year.....and I didn't quit reading it until I was done.....and I have stuck here ever since!
    Remember...Aftershock is only the first part of the Trilogy! :D :D

5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    School ended yesterday (Yay!), and today I have a new post!

-------------------------------------------------------

If there really is only one Force, one's emotions shouldn't affect what aspect you can touch.

The words of her mother ringing through her mind, Katrael stared out the front of her X-wing's canopy, not really seeing the debris as it floated past her. She was floating in orbit around Borleias, on a patrol with Kyp.

Vergere was being held in the infirmary, where her mother was keeping an eye on the Fosh. No one really trusted her . . . except Jacen . . . and he was a bit of a headcase now, wasn't he?

But the discussion yesterday had made her think. She wanted to talk it out with someone, but Kyp had made his views known yesterday . . . and Jaina definitely leaned in the same direction as her husband. That meant the only person she could really talk to about any of this was Vergere.

"Something troubling you?"

Kyp's voice broke into her solitude with a crackle that startled her. She glanced out the cockpit at her current wingmate and looked at him for a moment. She shrugged and said, "No, just thinking."

"About Darth Chicken's theory or about Jag?"

Though the appelation made her smile, Katrael wasn't going to admit to Kyp that she'd been thinking about Vergere's views on the Force, so she went with the latter. "Jag. What else?"

As she said it, the gaping hole in her chest that she'd been doing her best to stitch back together opened and she lost her breath for a whole, universe-shaking instant. Jag.

How was it possible to love someone so completely, and yet hate them with every fiber of your being? She longed desperately to see him again, hear his voice . . . and yet she wanted to rend him limb from limb for not contacting her. Didn't he know that she'd just been upset when he'd said he was leaving? She hadn't meant what she'd said!

Kyp was silent for a moment, feeling the wake of emotions that had burst off Katrael when she'd thought of Jag. She still wasn't shielding well when it came to her exboyfriend. That had not been what she'd been thinking of. He knew it like he knew every freckle on Jaina's body. But it wasn't something he was particularly inclined to discuss with Luke's increasingly hostile daughter.

He looked at his chronometre. Their hour's patrol was almost up. "Let's head back to base."

Relieved that he wasn't going to press the issue--Jaina must have been teaching the Jedi Master when to shut up--Katrael clicked her comm to signal her acknowledgement, and turned her X-wing towards the planet.

----------

Kyp slipped into bed next to Jaina. His wife murmured sleepily and snuggled closer. Smiling, he placed a hand on the bulge of her belly and felt one of the twins kick in response.

He drifted off thinking about all the things he'd show his sons when they were older, and the galaxy was free.

Then he was jerking awake when something collided with his shin. "Ow!"

"Wake up!" Jaina said, for what must have been the dozenth time, judging by her expression.

"What?" he asked, feeling disoriented.

Her glare spoke volumes. She didn't even have to say a word before he was springing from the bed, reaching for his clothes. The babies were on their way.

"Are you all right?" Kyp asked, helping her sit up.

Jaina smacked his hand away. "I can do it! Call Mom and Dad, wake them up, would you?"

He fumbled with the commlink on his nightstand and managed to nearly break it before he turned it on. Han Solo's groggy voice greeted him.

"Wha? Solo."

"Han? It's Kyp. Jaina says it's time. For the babies. I . . . I don't know what I'm doing-"

Jaina reached over and grabbed the comm. "Daddy? Wake Mom, tell her that Kyp's taking me to the med centre, okay?"

"I'm here," Leia said, apparently taking the commlink from her husband. "Are you all right? Do you want me to get something?"

"If you could get me some clothes or something while Kyp takes me down there, that would be lovely. Oh, and wake Aunt Dana?"

"All right, baby. Be c

6. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    That was cruel. For readers, I mean.

I want to see another post. Like, preferably, right now. Although we know the answer, don't we? Yes? Yes??!

A.

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Maybe.

I'm still working on the next post, so I can't post it yet, obviously. You WILL know by the end of the story, I promise.

Dana

8. xeryn_

xeryn_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2003
    Yay post! :D

Ahh, the babies are here at last. Heh, good job on this post.

9. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    awesome update, poor Kyp hes in a death grip

oh I can't wait to see what happens next more soon

10. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Loved it, Dana. Very good description!

~*~Austyn

11. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post, dana.

12. CharacterBioDatabase

CharacterBioDatabase Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2004
    The Character Database would like you to know there have been requests to include your OC's in the
    Database. Each Original Character is used only with explicit permission from the author, and if consent is
    given, each character is credited with the Author's SN and the thread containing this character. If you would like
    to give permission for your OC to be included, please PM the following information to this sock.

Birth:

Homeworld:

Species:

Appearance:

Alliance:

Status/Rank:

Lightsaber Color:

Death:

Other Notes:

Thank you!

The Database Moderators

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Wow. *blink blink*

I'm completely at a loss for words.

Dana

14. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    wel.. i finally caught up.. took me a while, but i did... and im glad... awesome post.. and BOY am i glad that we are gonna know... well that they will know anywayz... and if you tell me they're Zekk's i'll freak soo... that might be a bad idea! ;)

Post more oson please!

15. Ars_longa

Mar 26, 2004
    At this posting rate we are likely to die from curiousity. :) Dana, am I asking so much? Just one tiny post! Inquiring minds wanna know!

A.

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Sorry about the delay, guys!

The fuzzy dark head fit in the palm of Kyp's hand. The small body of his song weighed barely anything in his arms, but the tiny heart beat strong inside. Anakin Durron was sound asleep, his little fists held up under his chin. The hair on the baby's head was black, but that wasn't a surprise. His eyes were blue, but Dana had told him that they would probably change in time, perhaps darkening to brown; she didn't think they'd be brown, he would have been born with them then.

Dantana was doing something with Zeth, and Jaina was asleep, so he had this moment alone with his firstborn son.

Until the moment he'd first held Anakin, he was worried, know that he might be playing parents to Zekk's children. He hadn't let on to Jaina how much the thought bothered him, though she'd known. But it had been there, right until Dana had placed Anakin's small, warm, swaddled body into his arms. He'd taken one look at his child, and falling in love.

Looking at his child for the first time, it suddenly hadn't mattered anymore. This child, and his twin, were Kyp Durron's. If Jaina wanted to know, someday, he wouldn't stop her . . . but it wasn't important to him.

The door hissed open and Luke came in, dressed as always in his basic black clothes. He scanned for his wife, saw she was occupied, and went to sit next to Kyp.

"Good morning," the Jedi Master said. "I see you had a busy night."

Kyp gave him a weary smile. "You could call nine hours of labour busy. And that's just for the first one. Took another ten minutes for Zeth."

"May I?"

Kyp reluctantly passed Anakin into Luke's arms. Dana returned then, carrying Zeth, so this was rather fortunate. Kyp cuddled the second baby.

"They're identical," Luke said, awestruck.

"Perfectly," Dana murmured. "Not fraternal like myself and Mara."

Kyp shook his head. "Or your twins, or Jacen and Jaina."

Luke smiled wryly. "Let's hope no one else has twins, huh?"

Dana paused for a moment, then said, "Oh, I doubt any more will be."

Both men looked up at her with puzzled expressions. She just shook her head.

"Don't mind me," she said. "Kyp, you'll probably want to go rest, now. I'll take care of the twins until you've had some sleep. Jaina will probably need to stay here overnight."

He sighed, knowing she was right. He smiled tiredly and handed Zeth back to her. Kissing Jaina's forehead, he left the infirmary.

Luke waited until he was gone to ask, "Have you, uh . . . ?"

"No. Kyp's requested that I not until he's had a chance to talk with Jaina. I don't think he wants to know, actually."

"Really?"

She smoothed the hair on Zeth's head, then said, "Yes. He's determined to be their father . . . even if he isn't."

[hr]

Dana

17. Ars_longa

Mar 26, 2004
    Cute. Very touching. But in Jaina shoes I wouldn't be able to resist to check parentage. I absolutely hate uncertainty.

Dana, tell them who is the father already and stop killing me here! I am so frustrated as if that was I having this dilemma. :)

A.

18. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Aw.... new posts! I'm so happy now! But you had better tell us who the father is Dana!

Anna

19. Ars_longa

Mar 26, 2004
    Anna, we kinda know that already (if Dana didn't change her mind and became Sith on us). :) But I want them to know it too!

A.

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Ars_longa - Cute. Very touching. But in Jaina shoes I wouldn't be able to resist to check parentage. I absolutely hate uncertainty.

Thanks. :) Well, at the moment, Jaina's asleep, so . . .

Dana, tell them who is the father already and stop killing me here! I am so frustrated as if that was I having this dilemma.

Well, basically, without a blood sample for Zekk, they can only tell if Kyp is or isn't. And sometimes those aren't accurate. *shrug*

SpacedOutAnna - Aw.... new posts! I'm so happy now! But you had better tell us who the father is Dana!

I'll get there, I'll get there. ;)

Ars_longa (again) - Anna, we kinda know that already (if Dana didn't change her mind and became Sith on us). But I want them to know it too!

I'm gonna let you stew a little longer. [face_devil]

Dana

21. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] So cute!!!!!!! I love the way you wrote Kyp with the twins! Really brings a new side to his character. :) And I'll second everybody else. I wann know who's their father! ('course, in light of this last post, is it really even going to matter? :) )

More soon, please?

~*~Austyn

22. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    YAY, finally finished reading this...

Now, MORE MORE MORE...

You weave a tangled web here, Dana, but a wholly captivating one.

Me likes. Me likes lots.

~Abby~

PS. Darth Chicken, HA!

23. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    WOOHOO!! You updated!! Why didn't you tell me you updated? LOL! So Jaina finally had the babies.. yay!! I'm hoping, along with everyone else, that they're both Kyp's. Can't wait for more!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

24. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Um...well, since they're identical, if one is Kyp's, the other has to be... :D

25. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Daughterofflame - AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW. So cute!!!!!!! I love the way you wrote Kyp with the twins! Really brings a new side to his character. And I'll second everybody else. I wann know who's their father! ('course, in light of this last post, is it really even going to matter? )

Right. Well, I WILL be answering it . . . just not in the next couple of posts.

Abby - YAY, finally finished reading this...

Now, MORE MORE MORE...

SOON SOON SOON! :p

You weave a tangled web here, Dana, but a wholly captivating one.

Me likes. Me likes lots.

Thank you. :)

PS. Darth Chicken, HA!

I didn't come up with that one. I don't remember who did. I just borrowed it.

Babi_Tahiri - WOOHOO!! You updated!! Why didn't you tell me you updated? LOL! So Jaina finally had the babies.. yay!! I'm hoping, along with everyone else, that they're both Kyp's. Can't wait for more!

Well, actually, it's not possible to have identical twins born to two different fathers. Fraternal, yes, though it's rare; identical, no.

And I didn't tell you 'cause I was dumb and forgot!

Abby - Um...well, since they're identical, if one is Kyp's, the other has to be...

Exactly. Though I haven't said if they're Kyp's or not. :p

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.