main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Oidhche et Fàiredàn Trilogy I: Aftershock" Completed 11 July!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    I guess I deserved that.. lol. That's what I get when I try to be smart at 2 AM. Just ignore me.. lol.

2. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    *cough, clears throat*
    I have an announcement to make.
    This is the first enjoyable fic I have found ACTIVE since I joined.
    Yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Now, if only I could master the smiley faces . . .)

Congrats Dantana on a fantastic story! Love your website btw.
    :D

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Thank you. :)

Okay, guys, I've got the next post almost done . . . I should have it up by tomorrow night. :D

Dana

4. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Hooray for that :D

5. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    *grumbles* all my active notifications got erased in the month i don't have internet at home...*grumbles some more*

I'm working on getting them back and catching up and this one is definitely the first one on MY list :D

6. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Oh, don't worry . . . I've posted maybe two or three times since January, so it won't be that difficult. :)

And if you're looking for good reads, don't forget to check out the K/J Index. :) I have over 40 'fics now. And those are just the K/J ones . . . *g*

Dana

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    K, guys, here's the next update. :D I meant to have it up last night, but then I found the original update (I had two versions of this written, 'cause I lost the first one), so I had to figure out how to combine the elements I liked in both.

"No, I mean it. If you're okay not knowing, I am, too." Jaina smiled up at Kyp as she shifted Anakin in her arms. "I know who I'm married to and that's enough."

Kyp relaxed, then settled next to her on the couch. He glanced up as Jacen and Luke walked into the common room of the Skywalker quarters. The women were having a bit of a baby shower, for Jaina, Dana, and Tahiri, who had been given a sedative and was sitting quietly in one of the chairs. Aurelle, however, was in the newly designated nursery, across the hall from the Skywalker apartment, being watched over by Winter.

Even after a few weeks, Jaina was amused by her brother's beard. She told him as much as he flopped into an unoccupied chair. "Are you going to keep that forever?" she asked.

Jacen ran his fingers over the short, clipped hair. "I don't know. I'm kind of used to it now."

"Not all women like beards," she said.

He shrugged.

"So where are you going?" Kyp asked, looking to Luke.

The older Jedi Master said, "We're expecting a diplomatic envoy. Wedge wants us to meet the delegate."

Jacen was squirming. "I don't see why [i]I[/i] have to go."

Luke gave his nephew a solid blue stare. "You're coming because I [i]say[/i] you're coming."

His commlink beeped. With a sigh, the Jedi Master answered it. "Skywalker."

"Luke?" It was General Antilles. "The envoy from Hapes is here."

Jacen's brown eyes widened and he looked at his sister. "Would, uh . . . would . . ." He cleared his throat. "Would the, uh, Queen Mother be in that delegation?"

Kyp and Jaina exchanged a knowing glance.

"I don't know," Jaina said. "But you might want to find out."

For a moment, Jacen looked panicked, then he straightened and said, "Right!"

Then he ran for the door.

Jaina, Kyp, and Luke all looked at each other, amused.

Luke grinned. "Well, this should be interesting."

----------

By the time Jacen reached the docking bay, his family had caught up. It seemed that no one wanted to miss this--especially those who had bets going--but he was oblivious to them. He stood by his uncle, trying not to fidget, as the Hapan transport settled down on the floor of the landing bay.

The landing ramp lowered with a hiss and several tall, muscular female guards filed out and snapped to attention. Then the Queen Mother appeared, dressed in leather fashioned to simulate the lizard-skin garb of the Dathomiri singing Mountain clan. Red hair was caught back in a single braid, and a lightsaber hung from a belt around the warrior woman's hips. A silver armband encircled the stump of the Queen's left arm, barely hidden by a cloak in the colours of the royal family of Hapes. Catching sight of Luke, she headed straight for him, looking determined.

Tenel Ka Chume Ta'a Djo, the Queen Mother, got halfway across the space between herself and the gathered Jedi before she stopped dead in her tracks, her grey eyes widening, as she realised who the bearded knight was that stood in front of her.

Jacen felt a hand shove him forward. He stumbled, then turned accusingly to his uncle, who [i]winked[/i] at him!

"Jacen?" Tenel Ka's voice was disbelieving.

He turned back, his throat suddenly dry. Instantly forgetting about his uncle, or any of the other observers, he moved toward her, just as she walked towards him.

They stopped two feet apart. Tenel Ka lifted her sole hand and her fingers hovered near his face.

"You . . . are real," she breathed. "You are alive!"

"I am," he whispered. "Tenel Ka . . ."

Tears sparkled in the eyes of the solemn young woman. "I felt you die," she told him. "And I thought I would die as well."

"You kept me alive."

Then he pulled her close.

Wrapping his arms tight around her, Jacen didn't feel particularly inclined to let go. But after after an eternity, one he'd

8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I love it! :D

After NJO, I didn't really like Jacen/Tenel Ka thing, but now I really don't care who he ends up with, as long as he does end up with someone and she isn't Danni. [face_devil]

It seemed that no one wanted to miss this--especially those who had bets going--but he was oblivious to them. Yay! Bets! 8-}

Jacen felt a hand shove him forward. He stumbled, then turned accusingly to his uncle, who winked at him! [face_laugh] Yay for Luke! :)

Jacen laid a hand against her cheek. "And you're the Queen Mother, I hear. How's that working for-"

Tenel Ka reached up, cutting him off, and pulled his head down, pressing her mouth full against his. Her feet left the floor as he crushed her to him.

Sheer joy, such that she hadn't felt in at least ten months, filled her.

He was alive!
    [face_love] *sigh* Wonderful!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

9. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Awwwwwe....so very cute! "You're alive"...I loved it! Like how she stopped dead in her tracks...and then Like winked... *sniffs the air* I smell a set-up!

Good one, Dana!

~Abby~

10. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    great posts Dana I can't wait for more :D

11. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    That was a great update! I guess it wasn't all that diplomatic though...making it all the better!

12. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Awesome post! ( Which, of course, has NOTHING to do with the fact that I'm a J/TK fan!) I enjoyed the way you wrote Tenel Ka. So many authors make her too stiff, and some just don't get the characterization at all, and make her just like Jaina Solo, but you were dead on the money. Great job! Can't wait for more.

~*~Austyn

13. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    awesoe post!!! your alive!! no i think he's a holo.. i love when characters state the obvious, makes them seem more normal! keep up the good work! i loved that post!

14. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    YAY! Another update, goody. Love this fic.

LOL, poor Jacen with his beard and being alive and all... and Tenel Ka! Excellent mush, Dana!

-Saber

15. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

I loved these last posts....I really really REALLY hope Kyp is the father though..........*crosses fingers*

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I should reply more often . . .

Jedi_Jaina_Durron - I love it!

Thanks. :)

After NJO, I didn't really like Jacen/Tenel Ka thing, but now I really don't care who he ends up with, as long as he does end up with someone and she isn't Danni.

LOL! I'm still J/TK, but I really wouldn't mind Jacen/Wyn. Not sure why.

Yay! Bets!

There had to be bets. There just had to be.

Yay for Luke!

Yay for Luke who arranged it, lol!

*sigh* Wonderful!

Never too soon, but I'm never sure when i can provide.

Abby - Awwwwwe....so very cute! "You're alive"...I loved it! Like how she stopped dead in her tracks...and then Like winked... *sniffs the air* I smell a set-up!

Oh, yes. There was definitely a set-up. [face_devil]

Good one, Dana!

Thanks. :D

JediFalcon - great posts Dana I can't wait for more

Suzuki_Akira - That was a great update! I guess it wasn't all that diplomatic though...making it all the better!

No, Tenel Ka was tricked into coming. :D Hey, she and Jacen had to be reunited SOMEHOW! :D

Daughterofflame - Awesome post! ( Which, of course, has NOTHING to do with the fact that I'm a J/TK fan!) I enjoyed the way you wrote Tenel Ka. So many authors make her too stiff, and some just don't get the characterization at all, and make her just like Jaina Solo, but you were dead on the money. Great job! Can't wait for more.

Thanks. :) I don't really think about "characterisation" a lot . . . I don't sit and think, "Would the character do this?" I just write what comes to me.

Except in "Best-Laid Plans", I'm just messing with everything. [face_laugh]

hollynkesten - awesoe post!!! your alive!! no i think he's a holo.. i love when characters state the obvious, makes them seem more normal! keep up the good work! i loved that post!

SaberBlade - YAY! Another update, goody. Love this fic.

LOL, poor Jacen with his beard and being alive and all... and Tenel Ka! Excellent mush, Dana!

Well, it was about time! And they were, like, the only couple I hadn't mushed yet in this 'fic!

C3SoloP0 - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. :D

I loved these last posts....I really really REALLY hope Kyp is the father though..........*crosses fingers*

I won't say too much, but really, if you reread the story . . . you SHOULD know the answer. Though I WILL tell later in the story.

Dana

17. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    *happy sigh*
    I finished it JUST as my parents came home. XD; It's 2am...
    *stalls for time so she can reply properly*

OK, well, first off, I sincerely cannot believe I didn't read this before. I think I started, got dissuaded by the sheer length of it, and then forgot about it.
    I've spent most of today reading this (and surfing randomly), and I think Mike was getting annoyed cause I said I was too busy reading this to read his fics. :p I'll read 'em tomorrow, I swear!

Now, for some random quoting that just... just omfg.

Wedge glanced over at Kyp. "Durron."
    "General Antilles. First of all, I'd like to apologise for pretty much everything I've done in the past that's offended you."
    The general blinked. "What have you done this time?"

Oh man, that just cracked me up when I read it.

Then your dream, which would make a rather hilarious AU/parody/random fic....

Kyp's green eyes clouded and his brown furrowed as he thought. "Um . . . I was . . . I was . . . on a walk, and headed back to the Great Temple . . ."
    Brandy-brown eyes wide, Jaina stared at him in horror. Her mouth hung open.
    Then he grinned, and kissed her. "Gotcha."

OMFG!!!
    I laughed just.. hysterically at that.,
    And that was BEFORE I got wired on sugar...

That'll be after Ego Bo- Kyp has a bacta patch slapped on his head. His survival kit nearly killed him."

*snigger* Ego Boy...

"It's standard operating procedure for Kyp to speak without paying attention to timing or his lack of mental editing. Don't worry about it."

*sniggers again*

Why can't you take me at face value?
    Dana! Because it's you!
    I had to quote that, even though it wasn't a fic quote... it just... well, it just embodies everything in your fics.
    Really, if you're intent on people taking you at face value, the evil faces that accompany such post might not help your cause.

Jacen is currently off making the book "Traitor"
    I'm not sure why this made me laugh... but it did.

"Keep in mind that Jaina and Kyp are not the only ones who have seen the dark side. I know more about it than the two of them put together. A thread of it still threatens when my family's safety is concerned." Luke's voice dropped a notch. "If you hurt her, I'll kill you. Slowly."

Oh man. The instant I get back to school, I'm going to the library and borrowing the Dark Empire graphic novel.

"The J-type 327 Nubian." When Jacen looked blank, she said, "The big, shiny one in the hangar."

The references to "the big, shiny one" keep cracking me up.

Jacen felt a hand shove him forward. He stumbled, then turned accusingly to his uncle, who winked at him!

hahaha..... yeah.

Wow.
    Abso-freakin-lutely amazing, Dana.
    Now, to bed....

18. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Once again, a fantastic post!
    I don't think we get enough J/TK mush peoples.
    What do you think?

I don't understand why the relationship disappears when Jacen gets kidnapped, and TK becomes Queen. Doesn't TK sort of collapse in Dark Journey when Jacen 'appears' to her for a brief moment? She seemed really upset and worried that he'd died.

You'd think they'd be more than happy once reunited.

Those EU writers have a lot to answer for!

19. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    Woohoo!! Awesome post, Dana! Loved Tenel Ka's reaction to Jacen and I'm very happy that someone else knows her full name. I can't tell you the number of times I've searched everywhere for all those silly names! :D Can't wait for more!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

20. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Sethathoryunet - That's what I always wondered! They just... forget about each other. I mean, when Jacen gets back in DW, does he even think about Tenel Ka?
    They were best friends! They were more than best friends! And they just... forget each other? 0.o

And wow, I sounded so hyper when I posted that reply, ne?
    Well, it was funny stuff. :p
    ... but I've still not read Mike's stuff - wah, sorry!

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    djcati - *happy sigh*
    I finished it JUST as my parents came home. XD; It's 2am...
    *stalls for time so she can reply properly*

Heh!

OK, well, first off, I sincerely cannot believe I didn't read this before. I think I started, got dissuaded by the sheer length of it, and then forgot about it.
    I've spent most of today reading this (and surfing randomly), and I think Mike was getting annoyed cause I said I was too busy reading this to read his fics. I'll read 'em tomorrow, I swear!

There are only so many hours in a day.

Now, for some random quoting that just... just omfg.

Wedge glanced over at Kyp. "Durron."
    "General Antilles. First of all, I'd like to apologise for pretty much everything I've done in the past that's offended you."
    The general blinked. "What have you done this time?"

Oh man, that just cracked me up when I read it.

Well, it seemed like something Wedge would say, lol.

Then your dream, which would make a rather hilarious AU/parody/random fic....

Which dream was that? I'll have to go back and look.

Kyp's green eyes clouded and his brown furrowed as he thought. "Um . . . I was . . . I was . . . on a walk, and headed back to the Great Temple . . ."
    Brandy-brown eyes wide, Jaina stared at him in horror. Her mouth hung open.
    Then he grinned, and kissed her. "Gotcha."

OMFG!!!
    I laughed just.. hysterically at that.,
    And that was BEFORE I got wired on sugar...

I'd write a 'fic about that, but I'd be too close to "Miracle". Saber and I already have some fraternal-twin bunnies that were separated at birth.

That'll be after Ego Bo- Kyp has a bacta patch slapped on his head. His survival kit nearly killed him."

*snigger* Ego Boy...

:D Well, it's appropriate. :D

Why can't you take me at face value?
    Dana! Because it's you!
    I had to quote that, even though it wasn't a fic quote... it just... well, it just embodies everything in your fics.
    Really, if you're intent on people taking you at face value, the evil faces that accompany such post might not help your cause.

Mwaahahaha!

Jacen is currently off making the book "Traitor"
    I'm not sure why this made me laugh... but it did.

Well, it's true! I changed absolutely nothing that happened to Jacen, from Myrkr to the end of "Traitor".

. . . And that's about the only thing I didn't change in some way.

"Keep in mind that Jaina and Kyp are not the only ones who have seen the dark side. I know more about it than the two of them put together. A thread of it still threatens when my family's safety is concerned." Luke's voice dropped a notch. "If you hurt her, I'll kill you. Slowly."

Oh man. The instant I get back to school, I'm going to the library and borrowing the Dark Empire graphic novel.

Did you remember to do this? It's a great read, IMO.

"The J-type 327 Nubian." When Jacen looked blank, she said, "The big, shiny one in the hangar."

The references to "the big, shiny one" keep cracking me up.

Well, it's . . . big . . . and shiny!

Jacen felt a hand shove him forward. He stumbled, then turned accusingly to his uncle, who winked at him!

hahaha..... yeah.

Oh, yes. It was all a conspiracy. See, unlike the NJO authors at Del Rey . . . *I* care about Jacen and Tenel Ka!

Wow.
    Abso-freakin-lutely amazing, Dana.
    Now, to bed....

Sethathoryunet - Once again, a fantastic post!
    I don't think we get enough J/TK mush peoples.
    What do you think?

I don't think so, either. And I hope to work more in here, soon, but I doubt I will. That'll probably have to be saved for "Moment Of Weakness", which comes after "Aftershock".

I don't understand why the relationship disappears when Jacen gets kidnapped, and TK becomes Queen. Doesn't TK sort of collapse in Dark Journey when Jacen 'appears' to her for a brief moment? She seemed really upset and worried that he'd died.

She completely freaked out when she thought he died. Which

22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Next part! Plus, a surprise!

Klaxons blared, jarring Katrael from a sound sleep. She sat up, squinting in the half-dark of her room.

A voice was announcing, "All personnel to stations. The enemy is invading the base."

Instantly, she was rolling out of bed, reaching for her flightsuit and lightsaber. She had no time to do much with her hair, so she wrapped it in a quick bun and tied it in a knot so it would stay.

She ran into her parents in the corridor. "What's going on?"

"We're under attack," her father said. "We've sent Winter to protect the nursery, but the rest of us are going out to meet them. You should get to your X-wing."

Kaeta nodded, knowing she could do more from the air than on the ground. "May the Force be with you," she told them, and sprinted for the hangar.

Jaina, who was finally back as Twins Leader, Kyp her co-lead, was already in the hangar, halfway up the ladder to her fighter. She saw Katrael.

"Get in your fighter!" the older woman shouted.

Katrael used a Force-assisted jump to ascend the ladder. She settled into the cockpit of her fighter and said, "All right, Nomi, let's go."

The droid had already powered up the fighter and tweedled an affirmative. The canopy closed on Katrael's cockpit and she turned the fighter towards the doors.

----------

Dana went in a different direction than Luke, to check on Tahiri. She made a swing past the nursery to check on Winter and give the woman another blaster, and then made her way to where Luke was.

She gave him a nod and pulled her lightsaber from her belt, thumb resting lightly on the switch.

Outside, the banging on the doors got louder, and then the metal panels began to bend. The Jedi that were still on the base tense, taking battle stances.

The door gave way with a deafening shriek of metal and a resounding crash. Yuuzhan Vong warrior began pouring into the hangar.

Dantana's thumb pressed the switch on her lightsaber and the green blade sprang to life. She smiled and ran towards the enemy.

----------

Katrael's X-wing roared over the base, strafing Vong warriors on the ground. Coralskippers were zipping past her, but for the moment, she paid them no mind, concentrating on clearing as many ground troops for the Jedi inside the base as possible.

Suddenly, a voice crackled over the open comm. "Judging from the lightsabers on your S-foils, you're a Jedi. Need some help?" a man's voice asked.

"No, we deal with invasions on a daily basis," she retorted.

Kyp broke in with a short bark of laughter. "Twin Suns Two here. We could certainly use as much help as possible. especially for the Jedi inside the base."

"Got it." That was a feminine voice.

A sleek ship, much larger than Katrael's X-wing, went past, dropped low to the ground near the doors, and a figure landed on the ground, a blue lightsaber flaring to life in the man's hand. The ship, meanwhile, rose up and gave a few Vong the scare of their life with a volley right at them.

Katrael shrugged, not knowing or caring who the Jedi who'd just been delivered was.

Jaina, on the other hand, was feeling apprehensive. She clicked over to a private channel and said, "Kyp?"

"Yes, Goddess?"

"Something's wrong . . ."

Apprehension suddenly hit her like a fist to the gut and she gasped.

"I'm feeling it too, Jay." He clicked over to the open channel. "Three, you're now lead. One and I are going groundside."

"Acknowledged, Two."

Jaina and Kyp blasted their way back to the base.

----------

Dana was in the process of slicing a warrior's arm off when a bearded man ran up and shoved his lightsaber through the Vong's neck. She looked up in a bit of surprise. "Kyle!" she exclaimed.

"Yup. Where's Luke?"

She jerked her head. "Over there somewhere. Where's Jan?"

"Doing what she does best," the Jedi answered.

Suddenly, two X-wings thundered into the hangar, literally scattering Vong, and Kyp and Jaina were there, their matching purple blades ready.

"I thought you were out flying," Dana said.

"Needed here," was all J

23. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Yay! A Postie!!!

Ooohhh...is the "something wrong" all those warriors running at them, or do you have something more sinister in the works???

Nice little postie, and so very glad to see Jaina back in the X-wing.

~Abby~

[EDIT] First reply :D

24. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Yay! A postie!

Happiness!

And a battle!

Kyle and Jan! Fun! *I went to type Kyle and it came out Kyp. [face_laugh] *

25. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Abby - Yay! A Postie!!!

Yes, a postie!

Ooohhh...is the "something wrong" all those warriors running at them, or do you have something more sinister in the works???

Good questions. You'll find out the answer in just a bit.

Nice little postie, and so very glad to see Jaina back in the X-wing.

Me, too. :D Writing a pregnant Jaina is difficult.

Jedi_Jaina_Durron - Yay! A postie!

:D And you know what? This story's almost to the end! (Finally.)

Happiness! And a battle!

Eh, what can I say, I like battles.

Kyle and Jan! Fun! *I went to type Kyle and it came out Kyp. * /

I did that, too, while writing the chapter, lol. Now, the question is . . . how does Dana know Kyle?

Nope!

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.