main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Oidhche et Fàiredàn Trilogy I: Aftershock" Completed 11 July!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Next part!

The alarms faded. The Vong they hadn't killed were fleeing the base, Jedi chasing after them. Jaina shut off her lightsaber and sagged with relief.

"I'm going to check on the twins," she said to Kyp.

"I'll go with you."

They nodded to the other Jedi and headed into the building. There were blaster scorches on the walls, gouges from lightsabers and amphistaffs, and dead people, both Yuuzhan Vong and New Republic, littering the ground. There were no Jedi among them.

A growing sense of dread filled Jaina as they ventured deeper. The signs of battled had abated, but not by much. She realised she was running only when she knocked someone down, coming around the corner to the hallway where the safeguarded nursery was.

A dead Yuuzhan Vong warrior lay in the hallway. Just inside the ruined door, Winter lay on the ground, unconscious. Her husband, Tycho, was tending her.

Tycho looked up when Jaina skidded to a halt in front of the door. There was a look of sadness in his eyes that went beyond the reserved expression he normally wore.

Vergere lay slumped in the doorway, her feathers soaked with blood. But she was alive, and blinked her large, black eyes slowly when she saw Jaina.

"I tried," the bird-like creature said. "To stop them. I am sorry."

Vergere shuddered, and then went still, dead from a vicious cut that had nearly torn her in half.

Time seemed to slow as Jaina looked up, into the room. Gylian and Amidala were safe, as were Alishen and Aurelle. Ben was wailing, disturbed by the commotion.

Zeth and Anakin were gone.

The speed at which the freezing cold rushed in to fill Jaina would have surprised her if it hadn't numbed. It seemed to start at her heart and spread outward, her fingers spasming, clenching into fists.

Kyp arrived a moment later. The colour drained out of his face as he took in everything. He grabbed at Jaina, as much for her as himself.

She stood motionless for a moment, then her lightsaber was in her hand. She flung Kyp away with the Force, turned and ran back the way she'd come.

Kyp hit the wall and stood there for a moment, leaning against it. Then he realised he'd seen the look on Jaina's face before, though it had been a year. Fear filled him.

Jaina moved on feet propelled by something other than her own muscles. She reached the hangar in what seemed like moments, then ran for the nearest big-gunned ship, which happened to be the Lhantlach.

Dana had recently had the latest weaponry installed on her vessel, and was as possessive of it as Mara was of the Jade Shadow.

Kyp got to the hangar just after Jaina. "Jaina, no!"

She turned, already crackling with a dark nimbus. Her hair billowed around her, prompted by static electricity. "Don't try to stop me," she said. Her voice sounded as if it came from all around the hangar.

Everyone stopped and turned. Even several of the Jedi took a few steps back. Luke started forward.

Jaina couldn't have seen him, since he was to her back. She whirled faster than anyone would have thought possible and thrust out her hand. Luke flew back and slammed into the wall.

Kyp ran at her. "Jaina, don't do this. We'll get them back-"

A flick of her fingers. "Stop."

He was frozen, unable to move.

Shocked, no one could do anything but watch as she ran up the ramp and into the ship. Moments later, the ship's engines flared and the ship shot out of the hangar.

X-wings scrambled to intercept, but the ship was too fast. What had been viewed as a benefit was now a detriment to the New Republic based on Borleias.

Dana ran to Luke, but he had only had the wind knocked out of him. She glanced to Kyp, who still stood, unmoving.

Han and Leia ran in and over to them. Leia said, "We just checked the nursery. Zeth and Anakin are gone."

"So's Jaina," Luke coughed.

"She just stole my ship. She threw Luke across the room," Dana said. "And she did something to Kyp."

Han looked at Kyp, who could only now move, with the help of Ganner Rhysode. "If she did something to Kyp . . ."

"She's g

2. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Explain to me why Luke just got owned...please explain...*is distraught, on the floor in fetal position*

3. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Suzuki_Akira - Explain to me why Luke just got owned...please explain...*is distraught, on the floor in fetal position*

Well, I'd take a guess and say he wasn't expecting to have his niece slam him into a wall. Which we already know she's capable of doing, as evidenced by her throwing Jag in "Ylesia", and she wasn't DS and mad as hell then.

Dana

4. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    O_O Holy mother of all Darksiders! Jaina's scary!! I really loved the line about Vader and the baby Ewok! That was cute. Great updates as usual, Dana. Can't wait for more!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Babi_Tahiri - O_O Holy mother of all Darksiders! Jaina's scary!! I really loved the line about Vader and the baby Ewok! That was cute. Great updates as usual, Dana. Can't wait for more!

If you think she's scary now, wait until the next couple of posts. [face_devil]

Dana

6. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    :eek: thats not good,

poor Kyp :( I can't believe they did this, they're going to regret it

more soon

7. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    I loooove evil Jaina!! So much more real!! [face_devil]
    Up!

8. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Oh no!!!! Poor Jaina...but even poorer Vong, since they did this to her by stealing her babies from her.

Me thinks it is going to get bloody. Or, ozoney, if she's going to continue with that Force-lightening. Either way, I sense some slaughter.

I feel bad for the others, left behind on Borleias...

~Abby~

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    JediFalcon - thats not good,

poor Kyp I can't believe they did this, they're going to regret it

Oh, yes, they'll regret it, all right. :D

more soon

Okay. :D Is right now soon enough?

Sethathoryunet - I loooove evil Jaina!! So much more real!!
    Up!

Evil Jaina is good. :D

Abby - Oh no!!!! Poor Jaina...but even poorer Vong, since they did this to her by stealing her babies from her.

Yes they did. :D

Me thinks it is going to get bloody. Or, ozoney, if she's going to continue with that Force-lightening. Either way, I sense some slaughter.

Slaughter is definitely on the menu.

I feel bad for the others, left behind on Borleias...

Yeah, same.

Dana

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    More! [face_devil]

In the wake of Jaina Durron's rampage, worlds died. She made the crops on Vong-held planets wither. She called down lightning on their settlements. Darkness bowed before her.

In the three days after Jaina fled Borleias, reports poured into the base. No one had been prepared for the first account, from Bilbringi. The planet had been reduced to slag. Earthquakes and floods had wiped out the Yuuzhan Vong on the planet.

Luke sat outside the hangar entrance, on a tree stump, and looked up at the evening sky. It was filled with stars, millions of them, most now held by the Yuuzhan Vong. He couldn't feel the deaths of the enemy. That was perhaps the only consolation he felt at that moment.

Leia stood beside him. She was also staring at the stars, wondering where her daughter was, and what she was doing.

"Killing something, probably," Luke said.

Leia snapped her gaze to her brother. He shrugged.

"You're practically shouting your thoughts," he said. He looked at her for several moments, then returned his gaze to the sky. "She's very angry. She's lost more than one person should have to lose. One of her closest friends. Her brother. Any home she's ever known. And now they've taken her children."

"I didn't do anything like this when the Empire destroyed Alderaan. Or when Anakin died."

"They're going to kill her children," he said softly. "They came into her home, forcefully took her children, and intend to sacrifice them to the gods they worship. Two more in a deep pit of nameless bodies. And the twins are only a month old. I'm not saying what she'd doing is right, only that I understand."

"Do you?" Leia asked.

"I've been down the road she's on. I've been to the end of it. But I wasn't angry at the galaxy."

"Kyp is in a panic." Leia nudged him over and sat down. It was a large stump.

"Can you blame him? His wife is on a murderous rampage across the galaxy."

Leia sighed. "This is why the Senate outlawed the Jedi."

"This is also why the Yuuzhan Vong outlawed the Jedi," a voice said behind them.

Brother and sister turned to see Dantana striding towards them. She had braided her hair and wore, to their surprise, a black shirt, black pants, and black boots. Her lightsaber hung from a black leather belt.

She looked at Luke. "I know you believe in defending. I know you think aggression is of the dark side. In Jaina's case, it is. But I agree with Kyp. Sitting here and waiting for the invaders to come to us is incredibly foolhardy. And, if you think about it, they *did* come to us. Three years ago, when they destroyed Belkadan and Helska. When they destroyed Sernpidal."

Dana's blue gaze was solemn, with just a hint of anger. "We're Jedi. We have the ability to use the Force, which is created from life. If we sit back in our little retreat while that life is wiped out by these creatures that don't touch the Force, and aren't part of it, we won't be able to use the Force. The energy in the great cosmic powercell is being wiped out, and you're going to let it."

Luke looked offended. Before he could speak, she cut him off.

"You don't know what it's like to lose a child," she said. "Leia does. I do. And now Jaina is fighting to keep from knowing that. Her methods may be wrong, but at least she's doing something. With results."

He stood up. "I can't believe that you're turning on me. You're my wife."

"That doesn't mean, Skywalker, that I have to bend to your every demand." Dana folded her hands in front of her. "We've sworn to protect and serve. This isn't protecting or serving anyone but ourselves. And sometimes the best defense is a good offense. The Jedi converged on Yavin 4 to destroy Exar Kun. One man. One. And we've let how many overrun us?"

"Exar Kun was evil."

"So are the Yuuzhan Vong!" she shouted. "If anything, they're more evil! [i]HE[/i] didn't try to wipe out a galaxy! When I was on Myrkr, I saw atrocities that still give me nightmares, though I've been away from there for a year. I saw things no living being should inflict on another. I saw th

11. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    WOOHOO!!!! It's about time somebody pointed that out to him. It's time to whip some Vong butt!! :D Can't wait for more!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

12. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    just find Jaina, and join her, while draging her back, and i cant wait for the jedi offensive, the vong arent going to know what hit them!

keep up the good work!

13. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Un-freaking-believable. It's waaaay past time someone had to give Luke a kick at his butt. I wanted to do it since Dark Tide I.

Dana, just please post soon. It's very sadistic of you to leave it like that. :)

A.

14. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    This is the part where they kill everything, right? *schemes* Post the precioussssssssss...

15. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Oooooohooohooohoooo.... darkside!Jaina is FREAKY!!! ::shivers:: Brilliantly well done. "Probably killing someone." ::shivers again::

And, randomly, Nomi as a droid's name is great. Why didn't I catch that earlier?

I liked the last post lots. The best of the three, I think. Poor Luke! He's outnumbered and wrong and he knows it!

Three posts? Not that I'm complaining, but THREE? You only told me about TWO!! Made my day, though, and thanks for the PM!!

-Saber

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Finally Luke gets a little sense knocked into him! Good for everyone for standing up to him!

I liked the deal with raising their lightsabers!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

17. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I absolutely loved the part with the lightsabers reaching into the air...fantastic. Great imagery.

And finally, they're doing something about the Vong, instead of just waiting. *cough*Luke*cough*

~Abby~

18. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Yes! Yes!
    no more sissy Luke! Good Luke!
    and dark!Jaina, and, and.... stuffness.
    I love having new posts to read...

this was great. Great post.
    *thinks of something else to say*
    Greatgreat post.
    Wait, plural. Great posts, since I had three to read. Heh.

I can't wait... I'll have to, but I won't be patient about it.
    Nope.

19. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    yes yes yes, finally they decide to fight back :D

more soon

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Babi_Tahiri - WOOHOO!!!! It's about time somebody pointed that out to him. It's time to whip some Vong butt!! Can't wait for more!

:D Yes, there's gonna be much whippage. :D

hollynkesten - just find Jaina, and join her, while draging her back, and i cant wait for the jedi offensive, the vong arent going to know what hit them!

Well . . . it's not exactly going to be a huge attack by all the Jedi . . . but you'll see what I'm doing.

keep up the good work!

Thanks. :)

Ars_longa - Un-freaking-believable. It's waaaay past time someone had to give Luke a kick at his butt. I wanted to do it since Dark Tide I.

And that was the second book in the NJO. I love Luke, but really, they totally butchered him in NJO.

Dana, just please post soon. It's very sadistic of you to leave it like that.

Heh heh heh!

Suzuki_Akira - This is the part where they kill everything, right? *schemes* Post the precioussssssssss...

Um, well, sorta. Let's put it this way: there are 7 posts left, including the one I'm about to put up, before the end of the story.

SaberBlade - Oooooohooohooohoooo.... darkside!Jaina is FREAKY!!! ::shivers:: Brilliantly well done. "Probably killing someone." ::shivers again::

Heh heh!

And, randomly, Nomi as a droid's name is great. Why didn't I catch that earlier?

I don't know. :D

I liked the last post lots. The best of the three, I think. Poor Luke! He's outnumbered and wrong and he knows it!

Well, I figured, it was time to state things as they are, not as the editors at Del Rey think they are. :p

Three posts? Not that I'm complaining, but THREE? You only told me about TWO!! Made my day, though, and thanks for the PM!!

I forgot to PM for the third, but I figured that it came so close on the heels of the PM that no one would notice. :p

Jedi_Jaina_Durron - Finally Luke gets a little sense knocked into him! Good for everyone for standing up to him!

Someone should. :D I've always taken Kyp's side in this.

I liked the deal with raising their lightsabers!

Yeah, I thought it was cool, too. :D

Is it too soon to ask for more?

Nope! :D

Abby - I absolutely loved the part with the lightsabers reaching into the air...fantastic. Great imagery.

I can see it so well in my head . . . I just had to put it in.

And finally, they're doing something about the Vong, instead of just waiting. *cough*Luke*cough*

Yep. :)

djcati - Yes! Yes!
    no more sissy Luke! Good Luke!
    and dark!Jaina, and, and.... stuffness.
    I love having new posts to read...

I love having new posts to post!

this was great. Great post.
    *thinks of something else to say*
    Greatgreat post.
    Wait, plural. Great posts, since I had three to read. Heh.

:)

I can't wait... I'll have to, but I won't be patient about it.
    Nope.

Well, I'm about to update. :) and you guys are gonna be getting fairly consistent posts up until 11 July.

JediFalcon - yes yes yes, finally they decide to fight back

Yes, they have. :D And it's gonna be quite the fight. :D

more soon

Okay. :D

Dana

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    :D new post!

"That's the plan?" Kyp shook his head. "It's insane."

"According to our current belief system," Dana said. "But we considered carefully everything we know about the Yuuzhan Vong, about our successful battles with them, and with what Jacen has told us about his training with Vergere. This seems the best course of action."

"How do you know this will end up here?" Kam asked, pointing to the holographic map displayed in the middle of the table, rotating slowly.

"You want the truth?" Luke asked. "I don't. But I'm going by gut instinct. Right now, they want the Jedi. One of them is decimating their numbers. This place is important to the new order. What better way to draw the Jedi out than lead Jaina here?"

"They hardly need to draw her out," Katrael said. "She's out and after them."

Luke nodded, sighed. "We're not soldiers. Remember that. We're peacemakers."

"We're not back to that, are we?" Kyp demanded.

"Let him finish," Dana said sharply.

Everyone looked at her in surprise. Luke continued, "Where you can, preserve life. Watch out for those around you. But take out as many of the enemy as you need to."

The gathered Jedi nodded in agreement.

Master Skywalker stood up. "Before you go, you each have a datacard in the envelope we handed you. You will find your assignments and any needed or possibly relevant information on them. The Council has considered everything, taking into account all of your skills and abilities. Please understand, while the Council discussed this, I made the final decisions. If you have a problem with the assignments, please let me know and we'll discuss it. Take the datacards with you, and study them. Come back to me this evening and tell me whether you accept the mission or not."

All of the Jedi filed out, save for Leia, Katrael, Jacen, Kyp, Mara, and Dana.

"I know you all have questions," Luke began.

"We don't have assignments," Katrael burst out.

"You have assignments," her father corrected. "But I consider them sensitive information."

He turned to Leia. "This is for you and Mara, because I trust you, as the Emperor's Hand and a former Imperial Senator."

"This doesn't sound good," Mara said.

He smiled for a brief instant. "I want you to go to the Core. I have two planets in mind. Korriban and Byss."

Leia sucked in a breath at the mention of the two Sith planets.

"I know you have reservations. So do I. But I need this done, and Mara's knowledge of the Emperor's workings will be an advantage. I want you to take Han with you, if he'll go."

Leia and Mara exchanged glances, then both looked at Luke and nodded.

"We'll do it," Mara said.

"Good. I appreciate it." He turned to Jacen. "You're going to help me evacuate our people from this base. I'll discuss it more with you later."

"As you wish, Master."

Katrael shifted in her chair. "What about me?"

Luke looked at his oldest child for several moments. "Your assignment is to stay with Twin Suns and act as Twin Suns Leader. I know you can do it. With Jaina gone, Kyp would ordinarily command, but I need him for something else. We need to keep a Jedi with Twin Suns, and that Jedi is you."

"But, Father-"

"No buts, Katrael. You fight very well with a lightsaber, but piloting is your gift. Use it."

She sagged back, resigned. "Fine, I'll do it."

"The four of you are dismissed, though I want you to study these datacards and come to me with any questions. Right now, I need to speak with Dana and Kyp privately."

The door slid shut behind them, and Luke glanced at Dana, then turned to Kyp.

"I appreciate that you've stayed here these past few weeks, instead of going after Jaina," Luke said. "I know that's what you really wanted to do."

"What's my assignment?" The Jedi Master sounded as if he didn't want to know.

Master Skywalker was solemn for several long moments, then he said, "I need you to go after Jaina. Not to stop her. To help her."

Kyp blinked. "But . . . she's gone to the dark side. You want me to help her with that?"

"Exactly," Luke sa

22. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Interesting...
    very...

I can't think of anything to say. kind of dead. *makes mental note to not stay up so late*

but it's a great part, and it's really... I get the feeling there's a lot going to happen soon.
    If that makes sense.
    Oh, I can't wait...

23. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Good post. Nice to see Luke taking an active leadership role.

"Healing is your calling, but you have other abilities. Abilities that surpass many of mine."

Interesting. This character hasn't been corrupted, just make sure not to pull a KJA on her.

I like Kyp's immediate departure. Very in character, but I'd expect that from you. Also, you made Katrael very interesting by giving her Jaina's squadron-perhaps a rivalry later on? Very good post!

24. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    more story! your NOT allowed to just leavr off like that!!!!!!11

25. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    I like how even here, in a AU story that was begun long before stuff happened canonly, Kyp is complaining to Luke about the whole "peacekeeper" deal. :D

Wonderful, Dana!! Loved it.

July 11th!!!!!

-Saber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.