main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Oidhche et Fàiredàn Trilogy I: Aftershock" Completed 11 July!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Yay, it's over. Feels strange...

I personally will be waiting for sequel with impatience. Hope it will be out soon.

And you only saw a couple of eps of Highlander? I have another soul to convert. :)

A.

2. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    And believe me...I am converted!

3. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    Wow! *snif sniff* It's over.. I want more!! lol Congratulations on finally finishing book 1. You know I'll be waiting (im)patiently for book 2 to start. :D

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

4. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    "That is an excellent attitude to have. Because they are."
    yay! hehe... ^_^

wow, it's over... o_o
    Ah, I can't really say that, since I've only been reading it for what, a month? And a half? ^^;
    Still, wow, such a long story, and you finished it, and it's great! ^^

Now, I can't wait for the next one. :p

5. JainaSolo-16

JainaSolo-16 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    Hi!

I am sorry I have never replied before now, but I have been folowing this story for...(tries to figure it out in her head)...Okay, a long time. Too long to have not replied.

I want to say that I have ABSOLUTELY LOVED this story. The story line, the characters, the romances, the action, the conflicts, everything!

Your plot was amazing and very original. At times it was like reading a roller coster ride, thrilling and exciting. While at others it was real and dramatic.

You wrote the canon characters perfectly. And I adored the new characters that you brought into the story, especially Katreal.

The many romances that you had in here were wonderful. When I first started reading when you brought Dana in as Luke's wife I was a little unsure, but very quickly got to like her and by the end she was one of my favorite characters. I also like the way you took Kyp and Jaina's relationship with all of the love and turmoil. You wrote their scenes beautifully. And last but not least I come to Katreal and Jag's realationship. I liked how even though you didn't have him with Jaina you kept him in the story and put him with Katreal. I loved the way you wrote them both kind of thawing out(thats not the phrase I am looking for but for the moment it will have to do) over the arce of the story. I hope to see more of their relationship in the next story.(hint, hint)

Your way of writing action scenes is amazing. You were able to make it seem so real it was as if I was there.

The many conflicts in here were great and you have a real talent for writing them. I was amazed at how you were able to write them on the galactic scale, with the war aginst the Yuuzhan Vong and the anti-Jedi sentiment in the senate and the rest of the galaxy, and on the more personal level, from Katreal and Dana suddenly showing up, to Jaina's pregnancy, to the multiple relationships.

This story was AMAZING start to finish and I am somewhat patcently awaiting the next story.

~JainaSolo-16~

P.S.- Sorry about any spelling mistakes. I am a horrible speller.

6. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    I can't believe that this part is finished already! Well, by already I am referring to at least a year or two. But it was a great ride and I can't wait for the next part!!

Anna

7. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Ok, so it's the case of the missing post. Again. I would seem that even though I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that I posted in reply to the last post, it didn't register with the boards. Phoo.

Well, I guess I'll get to it now. :)

Great last post. really. It was spectacular. I have to say, though, that for a while, you had me worried that maybe the twins had been exposed to something. Even though Dana's convinced there's nothing wrong with them, I don't think that necessarily means her first guess wasn't heading in the right direction.
    And Dana's unique ability is definitely one of the more original and fascinating I've seen. I'm sure it would come in very handy sometimes.

Nice to know that Dana's not afraid to say what she's thinking to Luke. And it looks like our wonderful Master Skywalker is finally finding out how to balance his family life and his role as a Jedi Master. I suppose that has more to do with his wife's influence than anything else. :D

And Kyp's the dad!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!! I just love happy endings! :D

And why did I get grounded? Argh. :mad: Is a long story. Basically, both my mom and one of my 9-year-old twin sisters were in royally bad moods. I had the misfortune of not realizing this BEFORE I decided it wouldn't be all that dangerous to get on the family computer without asking. The sister told, the mom grounded. :mad:

And Murphy's Law seems to be the governing law of the universe. Or at least of my life. :p ;) :D

Hooray!!!!!!!!! (*hugs Dana*) You finished it!!!!!!! Now, PLEASE tell me you don't have a life, and you'll be posting the beginning of A Moment of Weakness soon!!! :) :D I know, I know. Everyone's got a life. Including our favorite K/J author. :p

Well, I'm off to another cup of tea. Raspberry this time. (*drops a package in the mail for Dana*) Hope to see something on the sequel soon!

~*~ Austyn

8. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Yay Kyps the actual Father, I'm glad :) I knew you wouldn't let Zek be it though

can't wait for the sequel

9. xeryn_

xeryn_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2003
    WOW. Way to go Dana! :D Loved the story from beginning to end!

10. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    This fic was a rollercoaster ride. Once or twice I thought I'd fly off the track, but you saved it. Good job.

9.5/10

11. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Congrats, you finished posting it! Dang, what a story. And, having heard much about the next two stories, well, I can't wait to see how they finally all fit together.

I loved reading about how Jaina used the Force well thing, and Dantana's fight with Shimrra.

And Luke, don't be too hard on Jaina!!

I'm slowly catching up on everything...this was great! Waiting for more!

-Mia

12. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I thought I replied to this already, but apparently not. [face_blush]

Anyway, congrats, Dana! :D This was a great fic. I'm really looking forward to your sequel ;)

(P.S., I'd post some more, but my mom's starting to yell at me to get to the car :p )

--Den

13. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Well, that was fantastic!
    You have converted me Dana; I don't usually like home-made characters, but Dana and her daughter were great!

Can't wait for the next installment :D
    Congratulations!!

14. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Yay! Congratulations, Dana. This is truly an accomplishment. Hopefully the sequels will save you from post-fic depression, because I don't want you to stop writing now that you've finished this!

Stupid road trip, taking me away for the ending. ::grumble grumble:: Anyways.

"Luke, you sent me to kill him, remember?"

He looked stunned for a moment, then sheepish. "Oh. Right."

She shook her head. "Men."

I adored that. Very farm-boy-ish. Although I just saw the Muppet Show with Mark Hamill, and let me tell you, that was rather frightening to observe. Did you know that Threepio can tap-dance? Or that Chewie and Artoo can dance at all? Oh, things I never needed to know...

Anyways, I liked the way you revealed the true father of the twins. It was very well done, sweet and perfect. And you didn't let your evil side come out! I'm so very proud of you!

Anyways, this was a heck of a great ride, Dana. Congrats on the ending, and good luck with the sequels! May the Force be with you!

-Saber

15. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Congrats on finishing the first book, Dana.

~~Jilly

16. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

congrats on the awesome finish Dana!!! :D :D

you must be so proud!

I loved the ending!

Cheers for more to come! :)

17. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002