Canada ok canadiens, what do you think about the dvd's after getting them yesterday?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_master_Bernard, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_master_Bernard Force Ghost

star 1
    what are your thoughts?

i was watching the news this morning and the critics absolutely hate it.

i still want the dvds
  2. Jedi_master_Bernard Force Ghost

star 1
  3. JawaGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have only watched ANH so far, but...I think it looks amazing! Really clear and the colors are great! The sound wasn't as impressive, but overall I am quite happy with it!

JawaGirl :)
  4. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    I liked the Episode III thing on the special features disc. What a tease :p Now I wish it was May.
  5. not_4_a_sith Jedi Knight

i love the new dvd's thay are great with very clear picture good sound but the songs through out the movie are slightly diffrent than the real ot
  6. KitFist0 Force Ghost

star 4
    They are cool :) I'm happy with them. I love the menus :)
  7. Jedi_master_Bernard Force Ghost

star 1
    what do you mean the songs are different?
  8. JawaGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think not_4_a_sith is referring to the dance number in Jabba's palace along with the change in Celebration music at the end of Jedi. These were changed previously though, when the Special Edition came out in theatres. I can't say I'm too wild about the changes myself.

JawaGirl :)
  9. not_4_a_sith Jedi Knight

ya he knows what i am talking about i am not a very strong speller so i will try to use big words and spell them wrong thats why i refered to them as songs and i did not know they switched them for the se release. thanks for the info.
  10. Entil`Zha Jedi Master

star 4
    I only had time to watch A New Hope but I must say, I really liked it! I saw Empire of Dreams on A&E a few weeks ago...
  11. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    I could have seen Empire of Dreams..if I had that channel! Grrr!
  12. lord-darkhelmet Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've watched them all and I was very impressed with the quality of the video. The bonus material DVD was ok, but for me that was only the appetizer to the main event which is the films themselves.
  13. Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master

star 4
    The DVDs are great. All the new stuff is great. AND it all makes sense. Screw the critics.

The audio commentaries could have been better. That's the only bad thing about the box set.
  14. Mokitty Jedi Knight

star 1
    Love the DVDs. Special features are excellent, the picture is absolutely stunning, and the sound... is it just me, or has it been cleaned up too? I swear to god there were sound effects in there that I've never heard before.

My only complaints would be my ongoing, purely personal dislike for the whole "Who shot first?" thing-- I'm a purist for that scene and while there's been an improvement to them shooting virtually the same time from the original Special Editions, I wish if they were going to change it again they'd just go all the way and put it back the way it was.
    Oh, and I didn't like Hayden at the end of Jedi. But that's just because, to me, it didn't make sense-- Luke never saw Anakin in that form, and it's not the one he died in either. :p

I still hope that one day the originals will be available on dvd purely for my own nostalgic purposes, but overall I'm thrilled to have these DVDs, they're a great package, and I'd be mostly content if this was it forever.
  15. Rayson Jedi Master

star 4
  16. GrandAdmiralJeff Jedi Knight

star 1
    They should have put deleted scenes from the movies, because in the production stills they show stills of a scene were Luke goes to Tosche station and sees Biggs. That would have been so awsome!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.